As someone who lives in Jaco and who has traveled all over the world for the last 25 years, I am glad I found Doce Lunas. It is a study in contrasts. On one side it is in Jaco, a great surf town with a lively nightlife. On another side, once you go through the large metal gates at the entrance you are transported to a magical hotel in the Costa Rican jungle. Chris, the owner and his staff do a great job and I always make it up there for their Friday happy hours as it allows folks to enjoy friends, bocas and cocktails while listening to nothing but the sound of the jungle.
I have introduced many out of town friends to Doce Lunas and have suggested to folks coming down. As a matter of fact, a friend from NYC is coming to Jaco for his 50th birthday next year. The hotel he found (and booked) on his own? Yep, Doce Lunas.
In todays "build everywhere" world, it is refreshing to find a hidden gem like Doce Lunas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DoceLunas is a spectacular Four Star hotel with five acres of tropical gardens at the base of a cool jungle covered mountain. Coatimundi, kinkajou, anteaters, toucans, and scarlet macaws can be seen here. We have a lovely mosaic lined pool with a waterfall cave, a full services spa, and daily yoga classes. Check out our excellent reviews and come join us in paradise! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your DoceLunas Hotel, Restaurant & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Docelunas Hotel, Restaurant Hotel Jaco
- Docelunas Hotel, Restaurant And Spa
- Doce Lunas Hotel
- Doce Lunas Resort
- DoceLunas Hotel, Restaurant & Spa Costa Rica/Jaco