“Party in Paradise” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 43 Hotels in Jaco
San Francisco, California
“Party in Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We just had our wedding here in April. We rented out the entire hotel for a week and Brian and Diana were amazing. We had 35 guests at the hotel and everyone was very well taken care of by the hotel staff. The property is beautifully nestled at the foot of the mountains and not too far from the beach. The pool is so amazing that we hardly even went to the beach unless we wanted to surf or go shopping. We had our reception at the hotel restaurant and the food was amazing. They provide a breakfast buffet every morning and make fabulous cocktails to enjoy in the hot Costa Rican sun. It was the best trip that I have been on and I think that many of our guests would agree. All in all, its a very relaxing environment that can make you forget about any problems in your life or the world.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are quite large. I believe that they are all basically the same size, so I don'...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I stayed here with a friend for 4 nights and we had a great time. The property is very quiet, safe, and relaxing. Staff and Brian, the owner make you feel at home. The food was very good and all the regular guests were friendly. Eating at the bar is very fun. Have some of the special spooky sauce in your guanabana drink! The yoga class was delightful and the staff helped us set up all the tours we wanted. We did a canopy tour, surf lessons, and a day trip to manuel antonio park. This was a WAY better deal than some of the all inclusive packages we were also looking at. The pool and jacuzzi (not a hot tub) were nice temperatures.

Overall, I liked the property better than the rooms. They are spacious and clean, but not very modern. We had a few issues with our rooms, the first one had a broken A/C, the second one had a pretty bad ant situation. But the staff was very accommodating to address the problems. So we just rolled with it. Do double check your bill at checkout. we had several incorrect minibar charges!! Also, you cannot really walk to the beach. A cab ride is very cheap 3$ and about 5 minutes, but you are not ON the beach here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights after scheduling only 3. The owner, Brian, treats his customers as though they were his personal guests. As a result you feel like you are staying in a private room at a friend's estate. Our room was very comfortable, with the bathroom being especially nice. The pool area is exceptionally beautiful and well kept. When I took a late night swim after dark, a staff member appeared out of the shadows and asked if I would like the waterfall turned on! When my daughter starting feeling shaky from a stomach disorder, Brian offered to go to a pharmacy on our behalf -- we didn't need any medications, but it was lovely to feel that if things got worse, Brian had our back. ( and he sent someone over to give us bananas). He gave us a great recommendation for activities for our first outing. if you are going to the Jaco area, this is a great place to stay, with easy access to many activities, and it is a quiet, beautiful place to come home to at day's end. I wish I could have stayed much longer.
I might also mention that there are a few beautiful cats who live on the property, and they are friendly too!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Boulder, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I recently stayed at Doce Lunas and had the most amazing time! The hotel is very welcoming and surrounded by natural beauty. The entire staff was very friendly, the room was large with a couch and sliding doors that opened to an outdoor seating area that faced the interior garden. The mornings were filled with butterflies, birds, and hypnotizing sounds of nature. The pool is extremely well kept and was the perfect temperature. The hotel is not on the beach, but in my opinion in a much better location. The waves can be heard from anywhere outside and you are just minutes from shops and restaurants. This is the perfect place to stay and get the best of everything! I cannot wait to go back!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

It was our second stay at Doce Lunas. It was just as we remembered it. Everyone is very helpful and the pool, restaurant and gardens are excellent. I tried the yoga this time and although hot it was amazingly relaxing and worth the effort. I now know the Spanish for inhale and exhale:-)
Sleep, I rated loser not because of the hotel, but the animals at night seemed to play ball on our roof!
Taxis easy and not expensive to and from Jaco

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Martinsburg, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

My boyfriend and I just returned from Costa Rica on March 23rd 2013. We had the joy of staying at DoceLunas three nights and it exceeded our expectations! We actually had plans to stay here only one night (for my birthday, since the party town is so close by) and then head up to the Arenal area, but after being here one night there was no way I was leaving. The guys at the front desk were happy to assist and were able to give us the room for two more nights. The grounds are beautiful, with many different types of flowers and fresh fruits. The included breakfast was absolutely delicious! Fresh fruits, eggs, toast, and rice to die for! The pool was just the right temperature and gorgeous. The owner, Chris, was fun to talk to at the bar and knew a lot about Costa Rica and the Jaco area. He recommended a local bar "Backyard something" for Wednesday ladies night. We went and had one heck of a time!! The rooms were huge and beds very comfortable. Bathrooms were clean and the AC worked perfectly! I honestly can't say enough good about this place and the incredible time we had. Oh, and the last thing we did before leaving was had a drink at the bar. The owner, Chris, introducted us to the signature drink "Spooky" - by far best drink I've ever had! Wish we would have known about it on first day there ;) Thank you Hotel DoceLunas for the wonderful stay! We will definitely be back!

Jason & Talia

Room Tip: Room 15 is closest to the pool.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

If you find yourself in Jaco don't skip a stay at the Doce Lunas! Just a short (& cheap!) cab ride from the hustle & bustle of the "strip" in Jaco, is a much needed retreat and relaxation station! The rooms are amazing with awesome artwork, air conditioning and huge soaking tubs & showers! The staff was beyond friendly and the food was some THE BEST I came across during a month long Costa Rican vacation! They grow most if not all of their own fruits and veggies on site! Their signature drink "the spooky" is a must try!!! They also have a huge pool with a super cool waterfall & a hot tub! Definitely plan on returning every time I'm in Jaco! Thanks Doce Lunas!!!

• Stayed March 2013

Been to DoceLunas Hotel, Restaurant & Spa? Share your experiences!