“Paradise...” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 42 hotels in Jaco
Boulder, Colorado, United States
“Paradise...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I recently stayed at Doce Lunas and had the most amazing time! The hotel is very welcoming and surrounded by natural beauty. The entire staff was very friendly, the room was large with a couch and sliding doors that opened to an outdoor seating area that faced the interior garden. The mornings were filled with butterflies, birds, and hypnotizing sounds of nature. The pool is extremely well kept and was the perfect temperature. The hotel is not on the beach, but in my opinion in a much better location. The waves can be heard from anywhere outside and you are just minutes from shops and restaurants. This is the perfect place to stay and get the best of everything! I cannot wait to go back!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

319 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

It was our second stay at Doce Lunas. It was just as we remembered it. Everyone is very helpful and the pool, restaurant and gardens are excellent. I tried the yoga this time and although hot it was amazingly relaxing and worth the effort. I now know the Spanish for inhale and exhale:-)
Sleep, I rated loser not because of the hotel, but the animals at night seemed to play ball on our roof!
Taxis easy and not expensive to and from Jaco

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Martinsburg, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

My boyfriend and I just returned from Costa Rica on March 23rd 2013. We had the joy of staying at DoceLunas three nights and it exceeded our expectations! We actually had plans to stay here only one night (for my birthday, since the party town is so close by) and then head up to the Arenal area, but after being here one night there was no way I was leaving. The guys at the front desk were happy to assist and were able to give us the room for two more nights. The grounds are beautiful, with many different types of flowers and fresh fruits. The included breakfast was absolutely delicious! Fresh fruits, eggs, toast, and rice to die for! The pool was just the right temperature and gorgeous. The owner, Chris, was fun to talk to at the bar and knew a lot about Costa Rica and the Jaco area. He recommended a local bar "Backyard something" for Wednesday ladies night. We went and had one heck of a time!! The rooms were huge and beds very comfortable. Bathrooms were clean and the AC worked perfectly! I honestly can't say enough good about this place and the incredible time we had. Oh, and the last thing we did before leaving was had a drink at the bar. The owner, Chris, introducted us to the signature drink "Spooky" - by far best drink I've ever had! Wish we would have known about it on first day there ;) Thank you Hotel DoceLunas for the wonderful stay! We will definitely be back!

Jason & Talia

Room Tip: Room 15 is closest to the pool.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

If you find yourself in Jaco don't skip a stay at the Doce Lunas! Just a short (& cheap!) cab ride from the hustle & bustle of the "strip" in Jaco, is a much needed retreat and relaxation station! The rooms are amazing with awesome artwork, air conditioning and huge soaking tubs & showers! The staff was beyond friendly and the food was some THE BEST I came across during a month long Costa Rican vacation! They grow most if not all of their own fruits and veggies on site! Their signature drink "the spooky" is a must try!!! They also have a huge pool with a super cool waterfall & a hot tub! Definitely plan on returning every time I'm in Jaco! Thanks Doce Lunas!!!

• Stayed March 2013
Warrenton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

While we had booked a package through a tour company and were staying at a different hotel, we wished we had stayed at DoceLunas! The whole property provides a beautiful and peaceful setting that is spread out over five acres with lush tropical flora. We really enjoyed talking with the owner and hanging out at the bar with Danny the bartender, as well as one of the resident cats, who were all very welcoming. Danny was great to talk with about himself, the country, and the culture. We also enjoyed a small snack of beef empanadas there that were exceptionally delicious. After our first trip to Costa Rica, my partner and I are already planning a trip back to stay at DoceLunas!

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I had a great experience at this majestic hideaway. The grounds of the property are beautiful and there is a relaxing vibe that catered perfectly to our needs. There is a large pool that reminds me of a lagoon. The staff were very friendly and courteous. I was really impressed with the size of the rooms and the bathrooms. The AC worked great and kept our room nice and cool. The nightly dinner menu changed each night and I think I might have had one of the best mahi tacos I've ever eaten there. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is staying in Jaco. If nice and relaxing is what you are looking for this the place for you. Also, there is a great cocktail there called a Spooky. Don't miss out on this wonderful fresh hibiscus infused gem. Cheers!!!!

Room Tip: the king suite with sliding patio doors and vaulted ceilings is great
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I can't say enough good things about DoceLunas in Jaco, Costa Rica!
Such a unique hotel! The staff was amazing! It's far enough away from the hustle and bustle that you really do feel like you're in a private resort yet close enough to the action of down town Jaco that you won't miss a thing! I look forward to my next visit!

Room Tip: ask for a room near the BIG tree off the courtyard....so private...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to DoceLunas Hotel, Restaurant & Spa? Share your experiences!