“The best place in Jaco! DoceLunas!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoceLunas Hotel, Restaurant & Spa

You added DoceLunas Hotel, Restaurant & Spa to your Saves list
DoceLunas Hotel, Restaurant & Spa
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   Quebrada Seca | 400 M Este from Costanera, Jaco 4132, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #5 of 44 Hotels in Jaco
Martinsburg, West Virginia
“The best place in Jaco! DoceLunas!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

My boyfriend and I just returned from Costa Rica on March 23rd 2013. We had the joy of staying at DoceLunas three nights and it exceeded our expectations! We actually had plans to stay here only one night (for my birthday, since the party town is so close by) and then head up to the Arenal area, but after being here one night there was no way I was leaving. The guys at the front desk were happy to assist and were able to give us the room for two more nights. The grounds are beautiful, with many different types of flowers and fresh fruits. The included breakfast was absolutely delicious! Fresh fruits, eggs, toast, and rice to die for! The pool was just the right temperature and gorgeous. The owner, Chris, was fun to talk to at the bar and knew a lot about Costa Rica and the Jaco area. He recommended a local bar "Backyard something" for Wednesday ladies night. We went and had one heck of a time!! The rooms were huge and beds very comfortable. Bathrooms were clean and the AC worked perfectly! I honestly can't say enough good about this place and the incredible time we had. Oh, and the last thing we did before leaving was had a drink at the bar. The owner, Chris, introducted us to the signature drink "Spooky" - by far best drink I've ever had! Wish we would have known about it on first day there ;) Thank you Hotel DoceLunas for the wonderful stay! We will definitely be back!

Jason & Talia

Room Tip: Room 15 is closest to the pool.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

If you find yourself in Jaco don't skip a stay at the Doce Lunas! Just a short (& cheap!) cab ride from the hustle & bustle of the "strip" in Jaco, is a much needed retreat and relaxation station! The rooms are amazing with awesome artwork, air conditioning and huge soaking tubs & showers! The staff was beyond friendly and the food was some THE BEST I came across during a month long Costa Rican vacation! They grow most if not all of their own fruits and veggies on site! Their signature drink "the spooky" is a must try!!! They also have a huge pool with a super cool waterfall & a hot tub! Definitely plan on returning every time I'm in Jaco! Thanks Doce Lunas!!!

• Stayed March 2013
Warrenton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

While we had booked a package through a tour company and were staying at a different hotel, we wished we had stayed at DoceLunas! The whole property provides a beautiful and peaceful setting that is spread out over five acres with lush tropical flora. We really enjoyed talking with the owner and hanging out at the bar with Danny the bartender, as well as one of the resident cats, who were all very welcoming. Danny was great to talk with about himself, the country, and the culture. We also enjoyed a small snack of beef empanadas there that were exceptionally delicious. After our first trip to Costa Rica, my partner and I are already planning a trip back to stay at DoceLunas!

1 Thank Deirdre M
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I had a great experience at this majestic hideaway. The grounds of the property are beautiful and there is a relaxing vibe that catered perfectly to our needs. There is a large pool that reminds me of a lagoon. The staff were very friendly and courteous. I was really impressed with the size of the rooms and the bathrooms. The AC worked great and kept our room nice and cool. The nightly dinner menu changed each night and I think I might have had one of the best mahi tacos I've ever eaten there. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is staying in Jaco. If nice and relaxing is what you are looking for this the place for you. Also, there is a great cocktail there called a Spooky. Don't miss out on this wonderful fresh hibiscus infused gem. Cheers!!!!

Room Tip: the king suite with sliding patio doors and vaulted ceilings is great
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I can't say enough good things about DoceLunas in Jaco, Costa Rica!
Such a unique hotel! The staff was amazing! It's far enough away from the hustle and bustle that you really do feel like you're in a private resort yet close enough to the action of down town Jaco that you won't miss a thing! I look forward to my next visit!

Room Tip: ask for a room near the BIG tree off the courtyard....so private...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Hartford, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

What can I say about Doce Lunas? It was wonderful, a little piece of heaven tucked in at the base of a mountain just minutes away from the beach and the Jaco night life. The rooms were gorgeous and very spacious. You could host a dance right in one of the garden rooms and in fact some friends of ours did! The service was beyond what would be expected especially since we were there for a music event. The restaurant on site is exquisite and the staff is very friendly. I would highly recommend putting this Hotel on your list of THE places to stay in Costa Rica.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Escazu, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We woke up Saturday morning and saw what a beautiful day it was, we decided call around the hotels in jaco to see if there was any availability. After reading the reviews of docelunas we thought we would give it a try.
Just located to the left of a main road and about 500meters down, easy to find no problem there at all.
We checked in and we got towel cards and a happy hour coupon for 2x1 between 5-7pm, I thought that was nice.
The grounds are very jungly and everything is green! There are beautiful birds chirping all day. The hotel has a number of cats, they are a great idea when living in the jungle because of critters, snakes, anything like that.. The cats do their job, we saw no critters at all.
Getting to the room, I was surprised how large it was, nice big bed, huge washroom, flat screen. They do not have in room telephones. But who are you going to call anyway.
The pool is quite large for how big the hotel is, you wouldn't be crowded at anytime.
We went to the restaurant right when we got there, we left San Jose in a rush so we didn't eat. The owner as at the bar talking to another guest so we decided to join in. We shared stories and laughed. We ate pizza and nachos which were both fresh and hot. The owner sent us to a restaurant called graffiti in jaco (I have a review on them) very good food!
We had a restful sleep, woke up and spend some time by the pool then went into town.
The next night we spent the hotel because it was Sunday and we had to drive back at 6:30 am.
We hung out at the bar and watched tv with the owner, we saw his adorable daughter.
The only thing I would recommend would be a little more lighting on the path ways to the restaurant at night, but that's it.
We enjoyed ourselves and came home relaxed.
We would return again.
I didn't try the spa so I can't rate it, but it looked really nice so next time I will try.

Room Tip: The are all located in a U shape around the property so anyone is fine.