“Don't Miss Out on DoceLunas!!!” 5 of 5 stars

DoceLunas Hotel, Restaurant & Spa
Quebrada Seca | 400 M Este from Costanera, Jaco 4132, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #4 of 42 hotels in Jaco
San Francisco, California
“Don't Miss Out on DoceLunas!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I had a great experience at this majestic hideaway. The grounds of the property are beautiful and there is a relaxing vibe that catered perfectly to our needs. There is a large pool that reminds me of a lagoon. The staff were very friendly and courteous. I was really impressed with the size of the rooms and the bathrooms. The AC worked great and kept our room nice and cool. The nightly dinner menu changed each night and I think I might have had one of the best mahi tacos I've ever eaten there. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is staying in Jaco. If nice and relaxing is what you are looking for this the place for you. Also, there is a great cocktail there called a Spooky. Don't miss out on this wonderful fresh hibiscus infused gem. Cheers!!!!

Room Tip: the king suite with sliding patio doors and vaulted ceilings is great
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

319 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I can't say enough good things about DoceLunas in Jaco, Costa Rica!
Such a unique hotel! The staff was amazing! It's far enough away from the hustle and bustle that you really do feel like you're in a private resort yet close enough to the action of down town Jaco that you won't miss a thing! I look forward to my next visit!

Room Tip: ask for a room near the BIG tree off the courtyard....so private...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Hartford, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

What can I say about Doce Lunas? It was wonderful, a little piece of heaven tucked in at the base of a mountain just minutes away from the beach and the Jaco night life. The rooms were gorgeous and very spacious. You could host a dance right in one of the garden rooms and in fact some friends of ours did! The service was beyond what would be expected especially since we were there for a music event. The restaurant on site is exquisite and the staff is very friendly. I would highly recommend putting this Hotel on your list of THE places to stay in Costa Rica.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Escazu, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We woke up Saturday morning and saw what a beautiful day it was, we decided call around the hotels in jaco to see if there was any availability. After reading the reviews of docelunas we thought we would give it a try.
Just located to the left of a main road and about 500meters down, easy to find no problem there at all.
We checked in and we got towel cards and a happy hour coupon for 2x1 between 5-7pm, I thought that was nice.
The grounds are very jungly and everything is green! There are beautiful birds chirping all day. The hotel has a number of cats, they are a great idea when living in the jungle because of critters, snakes, anything like that.. The cats do their job, we saw no critters at all.
Getting to the room, I was surprised how large it was, nice big bed, huge washroom, flat screen. They do not have in room telephones. But who are you going to call anyway.
The pool is quite large for how big the hotel is, you wouldn't be crowded at anytime.
We went to the restaurant right when we got there, we left San Jose in a rush so we didn't eat. The owner as at the bar talking to another guest so we decided to join in. We shared stories and laughed. We ate pizza and nachos which were both fresh and hot. The owner sent us to a restaurant called graffiti in jaco (I have a review on them) very good food!
We had a restful sleep, woke up and spend some time by the pool then went into town.
The next night we spent the hotel because it was Sunday and we had to drive back at 6:30 am.
We hung out at the bar and watched tv with the owner, we saw his adorable daughter.
The only thing I would recommend would be a little more lighting on the path ways to the restaurant at night, but that's it.
We enjoyed ourselves and came home relaxed.
We would return again.
I didn't try the spa so I can't rate it, but it looked really nice so next time I will try.

Room Tip: The are all located in a U shape around the property so anyone is fine.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

The room was wonderful, but the reasons to stay here are the food and the staff. The restaurant was willing to make a vegetarian meal on request. The staff were extremely accommodating and worked very hard to make sure that I had the tours that I wanted, that I was picked up at the hotel by the bus to take me to my next destination. There are no phones in the rooms, but the front desk always helped me make calls.
Again, all the staff was extremely helpful and made me feel as though my stay was very important to them.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Santa Clara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

A short distance outside of Jaco set back into the country side is DoceLunes Hotel and resort. The staff is attentive and courteous to all. The staff will schedule excursions or make reservations at local restaurants for you. The yoga studio is set up the hill overlooking the tree tops. Exotic birds fly by while you practice. Refreshing pool available on site or a short walk through town takes you to a gorgeous ocean. Full body massage and scrub at the spa to help you relax into your vacation.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Doce Lunas is a quiet refuge from the crowds of Jaco beach, and a great option if you want your time here to be a quiet retreat. Set back on a sprawling estate at the base of a hillside, the grounds are majestic both night and day. The over-sized pool is the nicest one we've seen in Costa Rica, and features a relaxing waterfall. Our suite was spacious and full of wonderful original artwork, most of which was inspired by, and created on, the grounds of the hotel. Very clean, with modern amenities including cable TV, cold air conditioning, and a stereo system. Breakfast and dinner at the restaurant were good, and the staff were friendly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to DoceLunas Hotel, Restaurant & Spa? Share your experiences!