“Can't wait for next year!” 5 of 5 stars

and 1 more site!
DoceLunas Hotel, Restaurant & Spa
Quebrada Seca | 400 M Este from Costanera, Jaco 4132, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #3 of 39 hotels in Jaco
“Can't wait for next year!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

Hotel docelunas was the perfect place for our stay in Costa Rica! The natural beauty of the hotel grounds is simply incredible...The staff was kind and always helpful, rooms were lovely and clean, awesome pool, its close by the beach... I can't imagine there's a nicer place to stay in Jaco. We will surely be back for Jungle Jam 2014.

• Stayed February 2012

310 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Providence, Rhode Island, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

This place is wonderful, beautiful setting, spacious clean accomodations and a friendly helpful staff, great food and drink, great place to stay, highly recommended. I stayed during a festival which saw the placed fully booked and several hundred visitors, they were able to handle everyone and make the guests feel as if this was normal

Room Tip: i had the opportunity to go inside 5 of the 20 rooms, all were about the same, very large with huge...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
providece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

this is my 4th year staying at this resort. this was the first time with my girlfriend. she loved it. we spent lots off time in the pool, and everywhere else between the pool and the bar. the food was excellent, although i am still surprised by the difference in speed of service versus the american mode of get em in and out quick. much more relaxing than what im used to.
The room was nice with a large comfy king size bed. We emptied the mini bar fridge and filled it with supplies from town. the maids and all staff were tremendously helpful, and spoke decent to great english. Sad to say i have yet to learn spanish after four trips here.

Room Tip: choose the single bed rooms as they also have a couch
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Sewell, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We were here with family and friends for a wedding. Loved the location, edge of rain forrest and in walking distance to downtown Jaco and the beach. The resort is breathtaking! You would never know that it was full to capacity. Extremely peaceful and quiet except for the sound of the birds and other wildlife. Plenty of wildlife, ( including tucans, scarlet mawcaws, iguanas, just to name a few). The pool was clean, and perfect temp. You could swim all night as long as you were quiet. The yoga classes, taught by Annabelle and Laura, were the best I ever had and although I am a straight heterosexual female, couldn't take my eyes off how stunningly gorgeous they were. It is a gated resort with 24 hour security and extremely safe. The staff, owner and manager will go out of their way to accommadate your every whim and make you feel over the top special. I can honestly say, I have never felt so relaxed and energized. We also enjoyed the zip lining, surfing and horseback riding in the rain forrest excursions that the staff and Manager Bryon arranged for us. Remember his name, he makes magic happen.
Now for the cons: Our room was extremely too dark, except for the very large bathroom. I was in friend's rooms (5),that were beautiful and well lit. The pool lounge chairs are in really poor shape and need replacing. Other than those minor things, we would go back in a heartbeat and actually plan to in the near future.

Room Tip: Ask for any of the ones with a high ceiling.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Doha
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Overall, my husband and I enjoyed our 3 night stay here. We had room 17 well situated about half way between the pool and the restaurant. The room was spacious with a nice patio overlooking the gardens. It was, however, a little tired and lacked general maintenance (eg. electrical outlets hanging out of wall). The shower was very good with ample hot water and pressure.The staff were very friendly and helpful. Nice pool.
We arrived about 9:30 pm when the only staff on duty was the security man who spoke no English. It would have been helpful to have an information sheet for us upon arrival (eg. When reception staff would be available, breakfast times, site map).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Doce Lunas was so wonderful that I can't say enough good things about my stay there. As other reviewers have noted, it's just on the edge of Jaco, which means great access to almost anything you could want to do. When you're on the grounds though, it feels like you could be miles deep in the middle of nowhere.

I was there with some fiends and coworkers in August, so we had the place pretty much to ourselves. The rainy season kept us in the restaurant for a good chunk of our stay and I'd be doing both the hotel and readers a disservice if I didn't mention how sublime the food is. I truly didn't expect that when we flew down. I'm a vegetarian and the staff went out of their way to make sure that I was happy.

To the staff and management at Doce Lunas: Thanks for a great stay...see you again sooner than later I hope!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

I should start by saying that neither my husband nor I are huge fans of Jaco. But we needed someplace that wasn't too far from the San Jose airport. So my husband found DoceLunas and we thought we'd give it a go. The hotel was great. We're still not huge fans of Jaco.

What I loved about DoceLunas is that it's just on the outskirts of town. We felt like we had our own little piece of paradise. It's not on the beach. But it's verdant, lush and the pool is beautiful. You can hear birds all day. And we even saw a snake (boa constrictor) at night in the parking lot. Not going to lie, that actually freaked me out. But what can you do? You're in Costa Rica.

The hotel is also within walking distance to town. It took us maybe 10 minutes to walk to Jaco. Or just a quick cab ride.

The food was great. We ate there for most meals. My husband had a steak with coffee sauce there that he still talks about. And apart from one server who wasn't overly friendly, everyone at the restaurant was great. We really enjoyed chatting with our servers. They were always coming by to see if we needed anything. The front desk was incredibly helpful as well.

Our room was beautiful and had an amazing patio. It was the first room along the walkway. It seems another reviewer had the same room because I remember the comments about the odd painting of the lady over the bed. I chuckled when I saw it. It's definitely a bizarre picture. We had a lot of space - sitting area, big bathroom and desk area. Maybe a tad dated, though. AC was really nice.

If we ever find ourselves in Jaco again, it will be our go to hotel. And I have no problems recommending it highly.

• Stayed December 2012

Been to DoceLunas Hotel, Restaurant & Spa? Share your experiences!