“four years later and i still love this place” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
30% off room
Ranked #4 of 43 Hotels in Jaco
providece
“four years later and i still love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

this is my 4th year staying at this resort. this was the first time with my girlfriend. she loved it. we spent lots off time in the pool, and everywhere else between the pool and the bar. the food was excellent, although i am still surprised by the difference in speed of service versus the american mode of get em in and out quick. much more relaxing than what im used to.
The room was nice with a large comfy king size bed. We emptied the mini bar fridge and filled it with supplies from town. the maids and all staff were tremendously helpful, and spoke decent to great english. Sad to say i have yet to learn spanish after four trips here.

Room Tip: choose the single bed rooms as they also have a couch
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Sewell, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We were here with family and friends for a wedding. Loved the location, edge of rain forrest and in walking distance to downtown Jaco and the beach. The resort is breathtaking! You would never know that it was full to capacity. Extremely peaceful and quiet except for the sound of the birds and other wildlife. Plenty of wildlife, ( including tucans, scarlet mawcaws, iguanas, just to name a few). The pool was clean, and perfect temp. You could swim all night as long as you were quiet. The yoga classes, taught by Annabelle and Laura, were the best I ever had and although I am a straight heterosexual female, couldn't take my eyes off how stunningly gorgeous they were. It is a gated resort with 24 hour security and extremely safe. The staff, owner and manager will go out of their way to accommadate your every whim and make you feel over the top special. I can honestly say, I have never felt so relaxed and energized. We also enjoyed the zip lining, surfing and horseback riding in the rain forrest excursions that the staff and Manager Bryon arranged for us. Remember his name, he makes magic happen.
Now for the cons: Our room was extremely too dark, except for the very large bathroom. I was in friend's rooms (5),that were beautiful and well lit. The pool lounge chairs are in really poor shape and need replacing. Other than those minor things, we would go back in a heartbeat and actually plan to in the near future.

Room Tip: Ask for any of the ones with a high ceiling.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Doha
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Overall, my husband and I enjoyed our 3 night stay here. We had room 17 well situated about half way between the pool and the restaurant. The room was spacious with a nice patio overlooking the gardens. It was, however, a little tired and lacked general maintenance (eg. electrical outlets hanging out of wall). The shower was very good with ample hot water and pressure.The staff were very friendly and helpful. Nice pool.
We arrived about 9:30 pm when the only staff on duty was the security man who spoke no English. It would have been helpful to have an information sheet for us upon arrival (eg. When reception staff would be available, breakfast times, site map).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Doce Lunas was so wonderful that I can't say enough good things about my stay there. As other reviewers have noted, it's just on the edge of Jaco, which means great access to almost anything you could want to do. When you're on the grounds though, it feels like you could be miles deep in the middle of nowhere.

I was there with some fiends and coworkers in August, so we had the place pretty much to ourselves. The rainy season kept us in the restaurant for a good chunk of our stay and I'd be doing both the hotel and readers a disservice if I didn't mention how sublime the food is. I truly didn't expect that when we flew down. I'm a vegetarian and the staff went out of their way to make sure that I was happy.

To the staff and management at Doce Lunas: Thanks for a great stay...see you again sooner than later I hope!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

I should start by saying that neither my husband nor I are huge fans of Jaco. But we needed someplace that wasn't too far from the San Jose airport. So my husband found DoceLunas and we thought we'd give it a go. The hotel was great. We're still not huge fans of Jaco.

What I loved about DoceLunas is that it's just on the outskirts of town. We felt like we had our own little piece of paradise. It's not on the beach. But it's verdant, lush and the pool is beautiful. You can hear birds all day. And we even saw a snake (boa constrictor) at night in the parking lot. Not going to lie, that actually freaked me out. But what can you do? You're in Costa Rica.

The hotel is also within walking distance to town. It took us maybe 10 minutes to walk to Jaco. Or just a quick cab ride.

The food was great. We ate there for most meals. My husband had a steak with coffee sauce there that he still talks about. And apart from one server who wasn't overly friendly, everyone at the restaurant was great. We really enjoyed chatting with our servers. They were always coming by to see if we needed anything. The front desk was incredibly helpful as well.

Our room was beautiful and had an amazing patio. It was the first room along the walkway. It seems another reviewer had the same room because I remember the comments about the odd painting of the lady over the bed. I chuckled when I saw it. It's definitely a bizarre picture. We had a lot of space - sitting area, big bathroom and desk area. Maybe a tad dated, though. AC was really nice.

If we ever find ourselves in Jaco again, it will be our go to hotel. And I have no problems recommending it highly.

• Stayed December 2012
northern california
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

We traveled to the docelunas in February of 2012..we were really looking forward to our stay..but as said in other reviews the place was pretty much empty.the electricity in our bathroom didn't work and I mentioned it to management several times to no avail. The bar was a joke ..the people were friendly but it didn't make up for the fact the place is just not what they lead you to believe

• Stayed February 2012
Columbia, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed at the docelunas for 4 nights, the last two nights we were in Jaco there was not room for us there and one of the managers even found room for us at another local hotel.

The food and drinks were very good. We had a car so it not being right on the beach was not an issue--there is no hotel on the beach we would have rather stayed at because it is a bit of a party town. Regardless it is only a $3 taxi ride to town and the beach.

The hotel booked us some really fun excursions like Tortuga Island and otherwise accommodated us in every way possible.

The staff is very personable and fun and care for their guests.

• Stayed December 2012

Been to DoceLunas Hotel, Restaurant & Spa? Share your experiences!