“The best hotel in Jaco!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
30% off room
Ranked #4 of 42 Hotels in Jaco
San Diego, California
“The best hotel in Jaco!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

We stayed at Docelunas for our entire 11 day / 10 night Vacation in Jaco and I could not have been happier with everything at the resort. My girlfriend and I were there from Sept 21st till Oct 1st. The room was spacious and clean with a nice flat screen TV and beautiful paintings from a famous local artist. The bed was so comfortable and with the 1000 thread count sheets it was heavenly. The shower was spacious, had great water pressure and I never once ran out of hot water! The free wifi connection was great to keep in touch with the folks back in the states. The grounds of the resort are so amazingly well kept it is a tropical jungle paradise. The pool was gorgeous and has a sweet little waterfall with an alcove under it to chill out in and was maintained to perfection. In the mornings there were Toucans, Scarlet Macaws stopping by to feed on the array of food in the trees on the property. There was also a flock of wild Turkeys that strolled through a couple of mornings. At night sometimes they get Kikachu's (spelling) in the trees too which they say are kinda like a cross between a monkey and a dog?

The staff went above an beyond to accommodate us with anything we desired. We got set up with an awesome couples massage in their on site spa. Chris (the owner) and his manager Brian are two of the coolest guys you could meet. They know everyone in town, literally everywhere we went when asked where we were staying and we replied Docelunas they all said , Ahhh Chris' place... tell him we say hello! Chris and Brian set us up quickly and easily with every activity we wanted to do. They set us up for several other awesome activities
including a Sea Turtle rescue walk where I got too hand release 63 baby Olive Ridley Turtles
back to Mother Ocean. We also went Ziplining, a Trip to Manuel Antonio National Park (which was one of the most beautiful places I have ever been), A boat tour including snorkeling out to Isla Tortuga (We saw whales on the return boat ride from the island) and on our last day we went horseback riding through tropical rainforest trail to a waterfall and back. It was just a ten min drive from Docelunas.

The food at the resort was delicious. I must have tried every thing on the menu and was not disappointed once. One night another guest at the resort had been deep sea fishing and caught two sailfish (which are catch and release only) and one huge Tuna. They brought the Tuna back to the resort and Brian cooked it up to perfection. I thought it was way cool that they will cook any fish that you catch for you. They also were more than happy to recommend other places in town to eat and steered me directly to one of the best steaks I have had in years at a restaurant named "La Bruja".

This resort is the best in Jaco period, we saw all of the bigger US corporate hotel chains around town but they pretty much are the same anywhere you go in the world. At Docelunas, we got more of a real Costa Rican feel in a far quieter and relaxed tropical rainforest setting than all the hotels right in the middle of town. I will be back real soon, hopefully in February when they are planning on hosting a concert on the property with my favorite band (JJ Grey and Mofro!! "Front Porch Soul Baby!!" )

Pura Vida!!!
Mike O

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011 via mobile

Really enjoyed our recent stay at Doce Lunas. The price was good. The rooms outstanding & very big. The food very good but limited to the lunch menu (perhaps because of the off-season). The service was exceptional. Chris (the owner) upgraded our room to a suite at no charge because it was a slow week for the hotel. I recommend Doce Lunas without reservation and would love to return!

• Stayed September 2011
Freehold, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

stayed at this marvelous resort with friends from sept 10th through 14th. the grounds are a tropical paradise and well kept. check in was a breeze and the staff was fantastic. Chris the manager could not do enough for our group, putting up a big screen so we could watch the opening night football game between the jets and the cowboys. chris also helped in arranging trips to jaco beach, atv excursions and zip lining tours. the food was gourmet quality. i would recommend docelunas to anyone traveling near jaco beach.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

Stayed several days and thought everything was excellent. The grounds are beautiful, the rooms are large and clean and have good plumbing, which I understand is not always the case when your in the outskirts of the big cities (on one very minor note, consider bringing your own soaps / shampoos as the offerings were a bit sparse). They have a great pool and a restaurant / bar that offers fantastic food (breakfast, lunch and dinner - everything was fresh). Lots of great activities located nearby (ATV, zip-lining, beaches, etc.) If your heading this way, its a must place to consider staying.

Room Tip: Suggest picking a room thats NOT part of the two story building and away from the restaurant/bar are...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

I am a teacher and really needed to relax with at a great place and we hit the spot. DoceLunas was the most beautiful place I have ever seen. It is right in the middle of Jaco and as we drove in, we were greeted by the nicest people and the view was extraordinary. I felt like I was in a colorful rainforest. The landscaping was so well manicured and delightful to just sit at watch. The customer service was phenomenal. They were so attentive and provided us with some special needs that we requested without question. The rooms were big enough for our family and our daughter loved the pool. The food is awesome with authentic Costa Rican dishes that we couldn't pass up. We ate at the hotel more than we ate out. I recommend that anyone who goes to Jaco must stay here. It was a fabulous experience!

Room Tip: Room 19! We always stay there when we go!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
solebury pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

The hotel was a real breathe of fresh air. The rooms were very comfortable and the staff was extremely helpful. I was amazed at how many beautiful flowers and plants are on this property. This truly is Costa Rica at her finest. I would strongly recommend this place to all my family and friends.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

We stayed at Doce Lunas Hotel in Jaco the week before the Memorial Day holiday. The hotel is located just on the edge of town that provided the quiet solitude needed at the end of a long day; and was but a short walk to the center of town for everything you might need. Jaco has quite a variety of bars, restaurants, and shopping available to suit many tastes, and all within sight of the beach.
The rooms at Doce Lunas were spacious and very clean. There is Wi-Fi through-out the property which helped me stay in touch and keep up on my work while I was there. The rooms are spread across the grounds with tropical plants accenting the entrance ways providing a veil of privacy. The exotic foliage throughout the property and walkways is nicely manicured. The pool and waterfalls are nicely designed and a great place to chill out and relax. The bar and restaurant area is decorated with local handicrafts and paintings and provides a tropical atmosphere to gather and socialize. The bar had a very nice selection to choose from, and the food was top-notch with daily specials to satisfy any palate.
I would definitely stay at Doce Lunas again on my next trip to Jaco.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Been to DoceLunas Hotel, Restaurant & Spa? Share your experiences!