We stayed at Docelunas for our entire 11 day / 10 night Vacation in Jaco and I could not have been happier with everything at the resort. My girlfriend and I were there from Sept 21st till Oct 1st. The room was spacious and clean with a nice flat screen TV and beautiful paintings from a famous local artist. The bed was so comfortable and with the 1000 thread count sheets it was heavenly. The shower was spacious, had great water pressure and I never once ran out of hot water! The free wifi connection was great to keep in touch with the folks back in the states. The grounds of the resort are so amazingly well kept it is a tropical jungle paradise. The pool was gorgeous and has a sweet little waterfall with an alcove under it to chill out in and was maintained to perfection. In the mornings there were Toucans, Scarlet Macaws stopping by to feed on the array of food in the trees on the property. There was also a flock of wild Turkeys that strolled through a couple of mornings. At night sometimes they get Kikachu's (spelling) in the trees too which they say are kinda like a cross between a monkey and a dog?
The staff went above an beyond to accommodate us with anything we desired. We got set up with an awesome couples massage in their on site spa. Chris (the owner) and his manager Brian are two of the coolest guys you could meet. They know everyone in town, literally everywhere we went when asked where we were staying and we replied Docelunas they all said , Ahhh Chris' place... tell him we say hello! Chris and Brian set us up quickly and easily with every activity we wanted to do. They set us up for several other awesome activities
including a Sea Turtle rescue walk where I got too hand release 63 baby Olive Ridley Turtles
back to Mother Ocean. We also went Ziplining, a Trip to Manuel Antonio National Park (which was one of the most beautiful places I have ever been), A boat tour including snorkeling out to Isla Tortuga (We saw whales on the return boat ride from the island) and on our last day we went horseback riding through tropical rainforest trail to a waterfall and back. It was just a ten min drive from Docelunas.
The food at the resort was delicious. I must have tried every thing on the menu and was not disappointed once. One night another guest at the resort had been deep sea fishing and caught two sailfish (which are catch and release only) and one huge Tuna. They brought the Tuna back to the resort and Brian cooked it up to perfection. I thought it was way cool that they will cook any fish that you catch for you. They also were more than happy to recommend other places in town to eat and steered me directly to one of the best steaks I have had in years at a restaurant named "La Bruja".
This resort is the best in Jaco period, we saw all of the bigger US corporate hotel chains around town but they pretty much are the same anywhere you go in the world. At Docelunas, we got more of a real Costa Rican feel in a far quieter and relaxed tropical rainforest setting than all the hotels right in the middle of town. I will be back real soon, hopefully in February when they are planning on hosting a concert on the property with my favorite band (JJ Grey and Mofro!! "Front Porch Soul Baby!!" )
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DoceLunas is a spectacular Four Star hotel with five acres of tropical gardens at the base of a cool jungle covered mountain. Coatimundi, kinkajou, anteaters, toucans, and scarlet macaws can be seen here. We have a lovely mosaic lined pool with a waterfall cave, a full services spa, and daily yoga classes. Check out our excellent reviews and come join us in paradise! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your DoceLunas Hotel, Restaurant & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Docelunas Hotel, Restaurant Hotel Jaco
- Docelunas Hotel, Restaurant And Spa
- Doce Lunas Hotel
- Doce Lunas Resort
- DoceLunas Hotel, Restaurant & Spa Costa Rica/Jaco