“Catering Services” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Poseidon y Restaurante

You added Hotel Poseidon y Restaurante to your Saves list
Hotel Poseidon y Restaurante
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle Bohio 50 Mts West | (towards the beach), Jaco 4123, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #18 of 43 Hotels in Jaco
Ct.
“Catering Services”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

I was fortunate to find this place thru Trip Advisor ! Our family took a trip to Costa Rica last week and were in need of a caterer...which is not as easy as one would think. Most of the caterers recommendations offered a full service five course menu that was way too costly for our budget. ($700-800 for dinner for 8) Since my husband and I were covering 90% of the trip- I thought it would be impossible to have any of the meals catered. Then I found Hotel Poseidon website and extensive menu as well as favorable customers reviews. Tim -(owner) was so easy to work with. He responded to my email on a daily basis and followed up regularly to make sure that I was happy with the selections. He did a full dinner service cooking at the house during a storm that created loss of power! Feeling very stressed and overwhelmed- he took charge of kitchen and worked the grill in the dark to provide a outstanding dinner! Thanksgiving dinner delivery was just as good- the sweet potato casserole was delicious...we tried to duplicate it once we got home but were not successful! I would highly recommend using his services- shopping at the market was not cheap for a family of eight and his pricing and extensive selection of good quality food make it a easy choice! Feel free to reach out to me with any specific questions that you may have. You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I found this place using trip advisor and I am glad I studied the reviews. The only down fall is it was hard to find being this was my first time in Jaco. I parked across the street and the price was fair. The room was not as updated as I thought but I am not staying in the room the whole time. I did enjoy the weather and the area. I ended up eating breakfast in the restaurant and the coffee did not disappoint. I spoke with the attendant about doing a ATV tour and he made a call and set me up for a tour a hour and half later. He also allowed me to leave my beach bag full of fruit and bottled water there and kept filling it with ice as needed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

I got a great deal for one night here. The room was pretty unremarkable, nothing special. The gentleman at the front desk helped me to arrange a canopy tour and instructed me to be in the lobby at 12:40. I waited and waited and the front desk called for me and they were expecting me to drive to them, and because I needed to hot the road for Quepos, I missed the tour. Not a huge deal but a minor annoyance. However for those going to Jaco Beach the location can't be beat.

• Stayed July 2013
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights at this place and was more than happy with everything. The restaurant is awesome for some pretty american type food. The room was clean, sizeable, and had air-conditioning. The staff was great and the pool was a nice touch for after the beach relaxing. Speaking of the beach, you're practically on it as well. Throw in its location to the beach and being right in the center of town and your in a perfect spot for pretty cheap. Would definitely head here again if I needed a cheaper place to stay without going full out hostel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Minot, Maine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We booked this place through a Lonely Planet suggestion and were underwhelmed. We saw no one else at this hotel while we were there and the staff looked bored and slow to react to our needs. Granted it is June, but this is prime honeymoon season and feeling welcome is helpful. Our room was certainly not tastefully decorated. The bathrooms had nice showers but we were put in the only room without a nice curved shower, a room back in the corner without any light and the place was empty (?). Stayed one night and the breakfast was the first half of what you normally get in CR, fruit and bread. That's it. We had our items and left. The wireless didn't work in the room we were given, had to go down to the pool. Swim up bar was closed and the patio needed cleaning. All in all seemed like an off season lazy time, which normally was fine across the country, just seemed like people were taking it easy on the efforts on the place. Room was big but the walls were dingy and light switches were stained brown, maybe the place used to be smoking allowed? A coat of white paint and some decent lighting and it might not be too bad. Springs in the mattresses were prominent. Paid $80, felt like this was too much.

Room Tip: Get a room close to the pool/reception for good wireless connection.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
PoseidonOwner, Owner at Hotel Poseidon y Restaurante, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
We are sorry that you did not feel our staff was very "welcoming" as you stated. Normally we like to put Honeymoon couples in the back area for some privacy. You stated that you did not think the decorations were "tasteful", most people do like the decor of our rooms though we admit there are elephants on the bedspreads instead of Monkeys or Macaws. I just finished looking in the room you described, which we are pretty sure is #14. The shower is just as big as the other rooms though, not curved as you stated. Since you stayed with us in June and now review us in July it is hard to know if a light bulb or 2 was out or what you mean by "not lit very well" . The switch plates were clean when I just checked them, all lights are working as well. The matresses have been flipped and one replaced. As for our Continental Breakfast, it did included Coffee and Juice as well. Again thanks for your feedback.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

I was only able to stay here one night, because they were fully booked the other nights. The staff was great and the food was amazing. The chef recommended the tuna and it did not disappoint. I highly recommend staying at this hotel and eating the food in the restaurant. I will be staying and eating here in all my future trips to jaco.

• Stayed July 2013
Sullivans
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Read about this hotel in a 3-year old Frommer's guide to Costa Rica. In the guidebook the hotel was described as being clean and new, and was in the "Top Shelf" category. Instead of being clean and new, the hotel was tired, and slightly grimy, with poor mattresses where bulging springs discourage a good night's rest. The breakfast was basic and unexceptional, but the staff was friendly. The location, however, is excellent, so if you can get them to make you a good deal on the room you might want to overlook the generally poor quality of the hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry you did not think the hotel was being kept up. It is a constant job is this climate and we are always working on the hotel. Lightning strucj our hotel on May 10th and this has forced us to re-direct the budgeted money for maintenence to replacing 4-TV's, 3 computers and much more. We just bought 3 new matresses in the last 2 weeks. Without knowing what room you are in, it is hard to know if you changed the matress you spoke. Please email us to let us know which room you stayed to make sure we changed it. Also, if you could give us more specifics of how our hotel looked "tired" it would be helpful. Again thanks for your feedback.

Been to Hotel Poseidon y Restaurante? Share your experiences!