“Still riding that wave!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Vista Guapa Surf Camp

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jaco
Vista Guapa Surf Camp
Save Saved
You added Vista Guapa Surf Camp to your Saves list
Las Lomas de Jaco, Jaco, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #1 of 19 Jaco B&B and Inns
Manasquan, New Jersey
“Still riding that wave!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

This was a trip I gave to myself for my 50th birthday! Wow!!
50 is off to a great start!

We were greeted by Edwin! Alvaro and Wendy make you feel right at home! Accommodations very clean and comfortable. The week was just magical! I'm still talking about my trip! I drink coffee every morning out of my mug with my surf pic on it! Wendy makes you look like a Rock Star! I never surfed in my life! Hard to believe coming from the Jersey Shore. I always loved the beach ... but this trip made me love the water again like when I was a kid! When were you last in the water till your fingers wrinkled up like a prune! Surfing till the sunset! I will try surfing at home this summer. We also did flat water SUP in the morning... views were great! The water is perfect! We were in a large group sponsored by YOLO... What a great group! Too much fun!

The food is top notch!! At breakfast I would suggest the Salvetti special! Every morning fresh juice... nothing I ever tasted before!! Dinner out every night! Everything was great! The whole staff very nice!

I would book a Massage! I had 2!! Monsterat is wonderful! The lessons were great! Your confidence builds each day... before you know it you are riding a killer wave at the end of your trip! Thank you Josymar and Alvaro! I have memories to last a life time.... but it doesn't end there! Planning another trip for the Fall!

I hope to bring my kids here one day... 6 and 10. My daughter wants to come when she's 7!!..lol She would love it! My husband will hopefully make the trip soon :)

I highly recommend this trip! Over and over again!!

Pura Vida!!

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Wall Township, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

I have just returned after my 4th visit to Vista Guapa Surf Camp since Nov 2012.

I can report I am still smiling! Alvaro is a Master! I am so happy I started to surf with Alvaro. Each time I return he builds upon my skill set (both regular and SUP surfing). I cannot be happier with my accomplishments under his guidance. Wendy is a very talented photographer and always delivers such memorable photos of your time in the water, Thank You Wendy!!! The photos really help to get me through the time between trips.

The camp remains a refreshing slice of heaven when your out of the water. The food and fresh fruit are out of this world GOOD! I never enjoyed coconuts before my visit and now I cannot drink/eat enough what a difference when picked right from their own trees and that goes for all the fruit in Costa Rica YUM.

For those of you traveling alone DO NOT HESITATE! No worries as a female or just learning the craft of surfing you will love it here! If your already an expert you will love it here! Waves for every level so please just go visit and see for yourself! Whether you are single, married, with friends or your kids you will love it here!

Already planning my 5th visit!

Pura Vida!

Room Tip: all the rooms are the same they are clean with a porch and hammocks overlooking the beauty of Jaco.
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

After easily making our way through the San Jose airport we were met immediately by Edwin Rojas of the Vista Guapa Surf Camp. After stopping for lunch near the airport we were shuttled for a 1.5 hour drive to Vista Guapa. There we were met by Alvaro and Wendy Solano who graciously welcomed us for the weeks stay. Our cabin had excellent views of the lowlands of Jaco as we were up a beautiful hill/rock that also got a nice breeze. The cabin was clean, spacious, and most importantly had a hammock on the covered deck. The next morning we were met by Alvaro, Wendy, Josymar, and Edwin for our first water experience. Good boards and paddles were provided for us to explore flatwater at Herradura Beach and the fishlife was abundant...turtles, rays, and baitfish everywhere.
That afternoon (every morning and afternoon) we were shuttled with gear to exceptional surfing and paddling spots including Jaco Beach and Hermosa. Alvaro and Josymar were very patient teachers helping the most beginner of us catch waves immediately! Their generous spirit and helpful advice is the best I've experienced. Wendy Solano was also at each session taking the most professional photographs.She made us all look good. At 50 years old I arrived a beginner/intermediate surfer and left a solid rider with more knowledge of surfing than I had imagined possible in one week. My travel companion at 66 years old arrived with zero surf experience and was surfing with the rest of us within 3 days.
I can't say enough about the camp and it's proprietors as they are most humble and accommodating!

Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

I had a great experience at Vista Guapa. All of the staff were extremely friendly and professional. The breakfast every morning was incredible, and we were taken out to dinner every night. The bungalows are neat, comfortable, and cleaned daily. Alavaro and Wendy went out of there way to make our stay one to remember. We surfed every afternoon and were provided with top of the line surf gear. I would recommend Vista Guapa to anyone traveling to Jaco!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

I recently went to Vista Guapa with my brother. We spent 3 days there and it was the highlight of my trip to Costa Rica. I had high expectations for the camp and them 100% exceeded them! Alvaro was extremely kind and professional. He get us up and taught us all the basics of surfing. The entire staff was extremely friendly and made us feel right at home. The breakfast in the morning was first-class (coffee, fresh fruit, omelets, and smoothies). And dinners out in Jaco with Alvaro were a unique way to see the city. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a new way to experience Costa Rica.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Edmundston, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

At first, arriving at vista guapa, i tought this was going to be ok. As the hours passes, i realized that this was going to be a fabulous experience! Alvaro and wendy have a way of making you feel right at home and i would even say as part of the family. The cottages on the mountain are spacious, clean and offer a panoramic view of the region. I really enjoyed the hammock on the balcony after my surf lessons. Being a beginner surfer i needed a good patient teacher and Alvaro Solano...the best! He chose perfect waves for my level, gave me simple instructions and up i went! Alvaro teaches with his heart! As for wendy, she serves the best breakfast i have had in costa rica! She also takes beautiful professional photos, if you want to take some home. Alvaro invited me to go try paddleboard one morning and it was great. Another time, i tagged along as he was going out to playa hermosa to coach dennis and emily, two young competing surfers. The waves being too big for me , i watched intermediate and expert surfers catch the best surf that morning. I could go on and on...but to make things simple...the vista guapa gang will make everything ok for you and much more. Vista Guapa is a rare gem!

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Cocoa Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I believe I was either the first or second visitor to Vista Guapa back in 2002. I was a little anxious about visiting Costa Rica for the first time, but I wound up having a fantastic time. Alvaro took very good care of me and my two friends during our visit. I really enjoyed my surfing lessons with Alvaro and only later realized that I was being taught by some of the very best surfers that Costa Rica has ever had. Alvaro was kind enough to take us down to Manuel Antonio for a day and we had a fantastic time in the park. Alvaro also took us to several other locals-only locations that made our experience even more memorable than I could have imagined. If you're interested in really learning how to surf and in experiencing "Pura Vida", you can't do any better than Vista Guapa!

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Vista Guapa Surf Camp? Share your experiences!