“Beautiful!” 4 of 5 stars

Guatemala City, Guatemala
5 attraction reviews
“Beautiful!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

This was such a great way to start the day. The tour only took a few hours, but we got to go to a lookout point before diving deep into the rainforest to see the waterfalls. The road down to the falls is a bit scary if you're not used to doing treks like this in Central America - 16 passenger van driving down what feels like an 80degree angle at some points! But it's worth it (and we were all fine). The woman who sold us the tour did not tell us to bring water shoes - if you have them, bring them! I did it barefoot but I've done a trek like that before and it was fine. The guide was worried about it though. Three of us didn't have shoes. He stopped us at almost every waterfall and had great creative pictures to take. My biggest problem was I lose circulation when I get cold, and my fingers and toes got super cold during this time. I don't know if the water temps change throughout the year, but the trees block the sun here so be prepared for that! Otherwise it was fantastic! And the pineapple at the end was delicious and well deserved!!

Visited July 2014

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Unforgettable but make sure you have a guide!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

This was a moderately difficult hike but well worth the climb. I did this hike with my fabulous surf camp (Tortuga) who introduced me to the gentleman that paved this trail with his father. While it was a wonderful hike a few things should be noted:

1) It is not really for children or elderly who cannot do strenuous exercise

2) A lot of rain had come in the past couple of days and caused some rocks to fall from the top to halfway down the waterfall which was a very scary/thrilling situation you don't want to be in.

3)Make sure you don't go alone and better yet, have a guide because they are also aware of crocodile sightings and warnings in the water pools below!

Visited July 2014
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 attraction reviews
“Margs margs margs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

We stopped in the smal area of Bijagual during our all day ATV tour for the best Marg I have ever had in my life. SO VERY DELICIOUS. Great place for a stop for cocktails. Staff was delightful and even offered to take group photos for us.

Visited January 2014
“Bijagual de Turrubares Town.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

I spend there the weekend. A very simple town but the most welcome people. A place to stay to go fishing and walk around high hills and mountain. Little cabins to stay and very reasonable prices if not cheap less than 20 dollars per night. If you love nature at its best this is the place todo go.

Bijagual, San Jose, Costa Rica
“The adventure horseback tour in Carara”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

They have more than 20 horses, and access to a beautiful waterfall.
They run a tour every day by 9:00 pm so, try to book your tour in advance, to get there you can drive taking the road 34 if you are in Jaco toward to San Jose by Tarcoles at the entrance to Villa Lapas hotel, follow the sings for about 9 km to to get there.
Bring long pants, and bathing suit to go swimming.
Hope you enjoy it we had a great time there!

Visited July 2013