“Unforgettable but make sure you have a guide!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 9 Attractions in Jaco
Type: Waterfalls, Outdoors
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 attraction reviews
“Unforgettable but make sure you have a guide!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

This was a moderately difficult hike but well worth the climb. I did this hike with my fabulous surf camp (Tortuga) who introduced me to the gentleman that paved this trail with his father. While it was a wonderful hike a few things should be noted:

1) It is not really for children or elderly who cannot do strenuous exercise

2) A lot of rain had come in the past couple of days and caused some rocks to fall from the top to halfway down the waterfall which was a very scary/thrilling situation you don't want to be in.

3)Make sure you don't go alone and better yet, have a guide because they are also aware of crocodile sightings and warnings in the water pools below!

Visited July 2014

Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 attraction reviews
“Margs margs margs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

We stopped in the smal area of Bijagual during our all day ATV tour for the best Marg I have ever had in my life. SO VERY DELICIOUS. Great place for a stop for cocktails. Staff was delightful and even offered to take group photos for us.

Visited January 2014
“Bijagual de Turrubares Town.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

I spend there the weekend. A very simple town but the most welcome people. A place to stay to go fishing and walk around high hills and mountain. Little cabins to stay and very reasonable prices if not cheap less than 20 dollars per night. If you love nature at its best this is the place todo go.

Bijagual, San Jose, Costa Rica
“The adventure horseback tour in Carara”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

They have more than 20 horses, and access to a beautiful waterfall.
They run a tour every day by 9:00 pm so, try to book your tour in advance, to get there you can drive taking the road 34 if you are in Jaco toward to San Jose by Tarcoles at the entrance to Villa Lapas hotel, follow the sings for about 9 km to to get there.
Bring long pants, and bathing suit to go swimming.
Hope you enjoy it we had a great time there!

Visited July 2013
Middleton, WI
6 attraction reviews
“Tough Hike for little payoff”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

It's the hand painted sign that says "waterfall here" or something like that. Don't expect an official park booth or anything. Then some warnings about not going down without a guide (which we ignored). There was no one around so we didn't pay the $20 each fee (2 adults and 3 kids) which is just as well. It's a tough hike and the view of the waterfall isn't that remarkable. Perhaps if we'd spent $100 and had the guide he or she would have enlightened us but I'm not sure how. The trail is easy enough to follow down. You get to the bottom and can see some waterfall through the trees. I suppose if you went off trail and climbed down some rocks you could get to the base but that wasn't feasible with kids. Then it's a tough hike out with no redeeming vistas along the way. I'm in good shape and I don't think I would go down there again any time soon. If you're in good shape and really want a good workout to burn off some restaurant indulgences then go for it, but bring lots of water.

Visited July 2013