“Great food and service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 108 Restaurants in Jaco
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood, Hamburgers, Vegetarian, Eclectic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are a laid back casual artisan restaurant in the heart of Jaco Beach. We serve upscale comfort, and gourmet food without all the fuss of fine dining. We work with several organic farms, and artisan food producers in our area and throughout the country. We combine these local flavors with international cooking techniques to bring you a truly unique dining experience. Everything we serve at Green Room is made fresh with the best ingredients our country has to offer! Sometimes it takes a little longer, but we hope that if you have taken the time to join us you'll appreciate having your food prepared to order. If you're used to McDonald's and Subway maybe we aren't for you :-) So if you're in Jaco, come by...relax and enjoy some great food in our laid back dinning room or in the garden....stay for some live music, bar games, or just to chat! We have live music every Friday with local and visiting musicians....as well as specials every day, and evening. We serve brunch, lunch, and dinner six days a week for dine-in, take out, or delivery...and also have a full bar and weekly artisan cocktail specials. So if you want a break from the usual Jaco tourist traps, come by for a visit...hope to see you soon, PURA VIDA!
Chicago, Illinois
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

Was able to arrange a meal for 20 at this place in April. I was worried because people often promise to accomodate large parties, but fail to do so. Here, I contacted the restaurant via email, and they were very responsive and returned all emails. We were given a large table on a Friday night, and there was a performance by Argentinian dancers which was fantastic. The food ranged from local fair, to burgers, to California foodie type food, and all was fantastic. The seafood specials were fresh and great! I'll be back.

Only recommendation is to try to sit inside --- there are no fans in the outside seating area, and it's really HOT and stuffy outside.

Visited April 2014

Playa Hermosa, Costa Rica
“Always a great time.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

I love this place, we send all of our guests there. Great service and food, cool art, live music, and super people who treat you like family. Definitely eat here, when you're in Jaco.

• Visited May 2014
Dallas, Texas
“we loved it !!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

I highly recommend you try this place out. My wife and I spent 8 days in Jaco and ate at the Green Room 6 times. The French Toast is the best I ever had ! Also loved the fish and chips and the fish tacos. Breakfast was outstanding and so was the cocktails. The chef is very skilled and the staff was awesome. Don't miss this out !!!!

• Visited May 2014
Richboro, Pennsylvania
“Food not so good”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

The fish was all overcooked. I ordered the fish tacos and they had no taste. My friends ordered the Mahi and it was overcooked and dry. The drinks were small and expensive. Would not recommend.

Visited May 2014
Kimberton, Pennsylvania
“Perfection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

The best atmosphere I've ever experienced at a restaurant, and I mean that. Went here so often when I lived in Jaco because nothing else could beat it. Perfect Sunday morning, Jack Johnson laid back atmosphere, candles everywhere, colorful tapestries on the ceiling. Really lovely. Somewhere I would take everyone and anyone, couldn't recommend a restaurant in Jaco more. Cannot wait to go back here one day and have the eggs benedict over and over again. Their french toast is incredible, their tap water is laced with strawberries and mint, service wonderful with the beautiful owner always very caring and sweet. White picket fence out front and breakfast until late! So great reflecting back on the experience it makes me sad I'm not there right now.

• Visited October 2013