“Wonderful Food!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 93 restaurants in Jaco
Cuisines: Hamburgers, Seafood, Vegetarian, Eclectic
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: We are a laid back casual artisan restaurant in the heart of Jaco Beach. We serve upscale comfort, and gourmet food without all the fuss of fine dining. We work with several organic farms, and artisan food producers in our area and throughout the country. We combine these local flavors with international cooking techniques to bring you a truly unique dining experience. Everything we serve at Green Room is made fresh with the best ingredients our country has to offer! Sometimes it takes a little longer, but we hope that if you have taken the time to join us you'll appreciate having your food prepared to order. If you're used to McDonald's and Subway maybe we aren't for you :-) So if you're in Jaco, come by...relax and enjoy some great food in our laid back dinning room or in the garden....stay for some live music, bar games, or just to chat! We have live music every Friday with local and visiting musicians....as well as specials every day, and evening. We serve brunch, lunch, and dinner six days a week for dine-in, take out, or delivery...and also have a full bar and weekly artisan cocktail specials. So if you want a break from the usual Jaco tourist traps, come by for a visit...hope to see you soon, PURA VIDA!
Cleveland, Georgia
“Wonderful Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We ate here twice (breakfast and dinner). The food was amazing both times!! I had the banana pancakes which were delicious and enormous. The stuffed pork for dinner was magnificent. I was craving more of an American type food rather than the typical Costa Rican fare and this certainly fit the bill and was amazing. The owner was most friendly. The open air setting was pleasant.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

91% Recommend
Jaco
“Awesome food for an active life style”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Love this place! I am a big surfer and fishermen and this place keeps me going...It is definitely in the top three places to get dinner in Jaco along with Graffiti and Lemon Zest....But for breakfast and lunch they have the best stuff out there in my opinion...If your a fitness buff you wont have to sacrifice health for taste....try out their grilled chicken or fish items...

NIck

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Denver, CO
“Nice addition to Jaco and very child friendly!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We arrived in Jaco in a rain storm and were looking to try a new restaurant. I had read the reviews for Green Room and it was the first new place we came across after leaving our condo. It was early for dinner, so we were the first to arrive.

As soon as we walked in we were greeted and given drink menus. The food menu was on a large chalk board. As I was reviewing the menu and trying to figure out what my 5 year old would eat and server stopped by with a watermelon ice pop for our daughter and explained what the kitchen could make for children. As my daughter happily was entertained by having the ice pop they also let her watch them make fresh juice. She did not want to leave this place! Between being entertained and given fruit while our meal was prepared this quickly became a new favorite of hers.
On to the food...her chicken tenders and fresh cut fries were VERY good! My husband and I both had fish tacos that were outstanding. However, our favorite was the guac app we had. It was truly amazing.
Would we go back? Definitely! We plan to try brunch next time.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
California
“Gourmet fusion in Jaco!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Green room has great food! I ate here several times and each time really enjoyed my meal. Salads and dressings were fantastic, and even the sandwiches that sound typical seemed to have a little flavor twist to elevate them!! Went on a Friday night and they had a live band which was really good. The space is fairly large and open so the band wasn't overpowering (i.e. not too loud). Highly recommended for good food and nice open atmosphere. I didn't try the breakfast but friends told me it too was super good.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
West Kelowna, Canada
“The Best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Excellent service and food. We have been in Jaco for 5 weeks and enjoyed eating here several times. Absolutely the best service in any restaurant in Jaco and the food is fresh as can be. Menu rotates with daily specials and great live music on Fridays. We highly recommend this to anyone, couples & families. Going back for the Eggs Benny with Crabcakes!

Visited May 2013