“Highly recommend it!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 43 Hotels in Jaco
Denver
“Highly recommend it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We stayed here at the beginning of July and loved every second of it! The staff was friendly and accommodating when it came to giving recommendations and making sure our stay was wonderful. The surfing was great right off of the beach! The hotel is small but cozy and It's nice having the club downstairs so you don't have to leave the resort to party. This is a great place to stay at a great value you definitely get more than you pay for. Thanks for a great trip!

• Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Slovak first
Pearland, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

I was there the same time as GDKID and I can agree this was a well-run place. The overall atmosphere was friendly and safe. The combination of the resort and beach club is a great idea. It allows for controlled mixing of the guests and locals. I would like to say thank you to Henry and Rebecca; they are some hard working people and have the ability to be at work all the time and not be tired. Judith is great and always helpful. If you have question or need anything, she is the one to go to. The place was clean and the AC worked good above expectations. Don’t be expecting a huge resort type place. It is very small and intimate, but still gives you the resort feel. There are only like 20 or so rooms. I would be very interest to see the crowd during the peak season. They had a DJ stand and I bet they really party when not in the rainy season. I will definitely go back and spend some more this here. PURA VIDA!!!!!! Leon

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

This was overall a good place to stay in Jacó. The front desk staff was nice. We were staying here on our honeymoon, and they upgraded us to a king room on our second night. Breakfast was comped for us since we were on our honeymoon, but the server did not know this at the time, and he was not all that hospitable to us.

There were a few things that we found weird about this place. The rooms are set up so that the front doors face the beach, but the windows face the parking lot. The beach is very pretty, but the view seems wasted since you have these large windows that overlook a gravel parking lot. Also, the "tiki bar" is set up between the beach and the pool, and the parasols above the tables at the tiki bar are covered in this weird fake plastic grass. When there is a nice ocean breeze coming from the beach, the plastic comes off the parasols and blows into the pool and onto all the people lounging around. Not a great experience. But the pool was nice overall.

There were also some inconsistencies with what we got in the two rooms. The first room we stayed in (which was much smaller, but that's what we paid for) did not have a welcome packet, but it did have tissues and bath robes. The king room had a welcome packet, but no bath robes or tissues.

When we went to check out at 6:50 am to catch a flight, the front desk was locked up and deserted. Luckily, someone got there at 7am to check us out, but if we were in a bigger rush, this could have been an issue.

Overall it was a good place to escape the craziness of Jacó. The pool was nice and relaxing, and there is direct beach access. A great way to wind down after a very active trip in Costa Rica. We also appreciated the upgrades that we got. There were just a couple little things that prevented this place from being a 5.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is in a great location and the staff is very friendly and helpful. The air conditioner in the room worked great! Very clean and simple rooms. This hotel was great and I do plan on returning and staying here again. Only con, you can hear people talking out in the walkways outside the room.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I just returned from Jaco and spent 5 nights at well-run and well-maintained Laguna Resort. The rooms, pool area and beach are very picturesque. I am very particular about great air conditioning and comfortable beds in the room and Laguna exceeded my expectations. Each day I rose and had coffee in the room and then breakfast in the second story open air restaurant with a view of the beach then proceeding to each day's excursion. The food was good and the atmosphere was great. I also ate at the Tiki Bar and the food was good there also. In general, I do not expect the food in Latin America to be like the food I can get in the US. I ate several meals at the restaurants in Jaco town centre and the food at Laguna was at least as good. Judith was the Manager during my stay. She was kind, spoke excellent English (though that was not critical for me) and was VERY competent in all things including suggesting a bar in town, arranging a white water excursion to Manuel Antonio and arranging my return transportation to the SJO airport. It was also impressive that she greeted me and the other guests by name. I spent significant time in the Tiki bar by the pool and beach and was given excellent service by Henry. He responded to my all my requests including having food packaged so I could take it to my room or adding a little extra rum to a Strawberry Daiquiri. Henry said hello anytime he saw me on the property. Though I found Jaco safe in general, Laguna was especially secure. One night at 10:00 p.m. I walked across the street to a little food mart and there was a guard on duty at the front gate. Another time, I decided to walk from the town centre back to Laguna and the guard screened me politely and briefly before allowing me to enter. FINALLY, each day scarlet macaws fly overhead and on the last day, from the beach-side of Laguna, I took a picture of 8 macaws sitting on a tree down the beach. I did briefly look at the other hotels on the beach from the outside and some from the inside. When I return to Jaco, I will definitely choose to stay at Laguna again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

We only stayed one night on the way between Arenal and Ojochal, but it was wonderful. The breakfast served in the hotel was awesome, the beach has a little river flowing into the ocean that was cool for the kids and the hotel was clean and staff was friendly. The beds were super comfortable...a king and a queen worked perfectly for us and our three little girls. I think the resort is more geared toward adults only, but everyone was really nice to us and our kids (7, 4 and 2) and they didn't charge extra for the kids which was also a plus.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Treasure Island, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Comfortable clean room. Security was good. Breakfast...not so good. Tiki bar and pool were good, view from pool is beautiful. Some rooms have absolutely no view at all. Staff was very friendly and very helpful.

Room Tip: Don't get an interior room, they are very noisy. Could hear people walking by.