“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 42 Hotels in Jaco
Houston, Texas
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is in a great location and the staff is very friendly and helpful. The air conditioner in the room worked great! Very clean and simple rooms. This hotel was great and I do plan on returning and staying here again. Only con, you can hear people talking out in the walkways outside the room.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I just returned from Jaco and spent 5 nights at well-run and well-maintained Laguna Resort. The rooms, pool area and beach are very picturesque. I am very particular about great air conditioning and comfortable beds in the room and Laguna exceeded my expectations. Each day I rose and had coffee in the room and then breakfast in the second story open air restaurant with a view of the beach then proceeding to each day's excursion. The food was good and the atmosphere was great. I also ate at the Tiki Bar and the food was good there also. In general, I do not expect the food in Latin America to be like the food I can get in the US. I ate several meals at the restaurants in Jaco town centre and the food at Laguna was at least as good. Judith was the Manager during my stay. She was kind, spoke excellent English (though that was not critical for me) and was VERY competent in all things including suggesting a bar in town, arranging a white water excursion to Manuel Antonio and arranging my return transportation to the SJO airport. It was also impressive that she greeted me and the other guests by name. I spent significant time in the Tiki bar by the pool and beach and was given excellent service by Henry. He responded to my all my requests including having food packaged so I could take it to my room or adding a little extra rum to a Strawberry Daiquiri. Henry said hello anytime he saw me on the property. Though I found Jaco safe in general, Laguna was especially secure. One night at 10:00 p.m. I walked across the street to a little food mart and there was a guard on duty at the front gate. Another time, I decided to walk from the town centre back to Laguna and the guard screened me politely and briefly before allowing me to enter. FINALLY, each day scarlet macaws fly overhead and on the last day, from the beach-side of Laguna, I took a picture of 8 macaws sitting on a tree down the beach. I did briefly look at the other hotels on the beach from the outside and some from the inside. When I return to Jaco, I will definitely choose to stay at Laguna again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

We only stayed one night on the way between Arenal and Ojochal, but it was wonderful. The breakfast served in the hotel was awesome, the beach has a little river flowing into the ocean that was cool for the kids and the hotel was clean and staff was friendly. The beds were super comfortable...a king and a queen worked perfectly for us and our three little girls. I think the resort is more geared toward adults only, but everyone was really nice to us and our kids (7, 4 and 2) and they didn't charge extra for the kids which was also a plus.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Treasure Island, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Comfortable clean room. Security was good. Breakfast...not so good. Tiki bar and pool were good, view from pool is beautiful. Some rooms have absolutely no view at all. Staff was very friendly and very helpful.

Room Tip: Don't get an interior room, they are very noisy. Could hear people walking by.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

This has to be the best relaxing peaceful trip ever. On the beach surf, ride horses, walk, run, bike riding, fishing and golf near by, zip lining and more while having dinner enjoying the sunset.
Meeting people at the Tiki Bar by the pool and on the beach made a very good ending to a wonderful day while having a cocktail.
Pool side is beautiful, breakfast, lunch and dinner available, anytime during your day you can schedule a massage pool side. the team there are great very helpful and makes your stay warm and relaxing.
Downtown fabulous restaurants, wide selection of different foods.
I plan to return within the next 5 months.
This resort has it all! Go online and check this out you will like it!

Room Tip: 3rd floor overlooking the ocean
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Aspen, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We stayed at the Jaco Laguna Resort & Beach Club during off season (in May), right at the beginning of the rainy season, so the hotel had very few people staying in it. When we first arrived, we had fresh caught Mahi Mahi that we had bought from a fisherman in Tamarindo, and had no place to cook it. The hotel staff was nice enough to cook it up for the four of us and even offer some of their sides with it for a very reasonable price. Needless to say, the food was delicious. The only problem we encountered was when we brought a hotel towel to the beach and it got covered in black sand. The hotel staff promptly found it and charged us $20 for the ruined towel. After we explained to them that we didn't see any signs saying not to bring towels to the beach, they dropped the price to $10, but still weren't very happy about it. Overall it was a fun town with a fun beachside hotel. Just wish they had a hot tub!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Chandler, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

We got into Jaco later in the evening with a storm brewing and stumbled upon this hotel. Within an hour of checking in and heading out to the bar (located in a cute hut by the beach/pool area) the electricity went out. We were the only ones in the bar area but despite having no lights and the wind blowing the hut like crazy the staff and bartender were amazing. They lit candles and mixed up Costa Rican drinks for us with the light of their cell-phone. This service alone helped make the rest of night not as bad without air conditioning due to the electricity coming off and on. The room was very simple but comfortable and clean. The property and pool area is breathtaking and very well kept.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Jaco Laguna Resort & Beach Club? Share your experiences!