“Fantastic experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 43 Hotels in Jaco
boston
“Fantastic experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

My son and I wanted a few days of surfing and relaxing following the conclusion of a school trip through Costa Rica. The staff at the Jaco Laguna Resort took care of everything for us. Incredible surf lessons in front of the hotel. We were out in the line up in no time. Fantastic accomodations, comfortable beds, clean rooms, warm pool, thoughtful staff and several excellent meals were just some of the hightlights. Loved sitting in the comfortable loung chairs on the pool deck watching the sunset over the ocean with a delicious drink in my hand. Can't wait to get back to the Jaco Laguna Resort!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Aliso Viejo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I stayed here in early April for a few days as I have a local customer. I used to struggle to find a decent place with a fast internet connection. One of the guy's at the company I call on recommended this place, and I gotta tell you...this is the first time I wanted to stay longer! Awesome rooms, fast internet, just a beautiful all around location with the best facilities. The restaurant has great food and you couldn't ask for a more picture perfect view. I may have to bring the wife next time!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Long Beach, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

My wife and I really enjoyed our stay, it was the best time of our lives. Right on the beach, beautiful room, great service. Romantic sunsets... better than Hawaii and much more affordable. We plan on going every year for the rest of our lives..

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Chino Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I loved the ambiance of the hotel, very tropical feeling that went along perfectly with the beachfront location. The rooms were very clean and spacious, friendly service by the hotel staff, and the restaurant was amazing!! I would definitely stay here again. A little piece of paradise!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Ventura, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I'm a 30 yr.+ visitor to Costa Rica averaging two visits a year. Until this recent trip I've avoided Jaco like a plague due to high sleaze factor in spite of reasonably good surf. It wasn't a place I would bring my family. I just got back from a month in CR and decided to give Jaco a second look based upon a recommendation from a friend and the need to get a quick surf fix while based elsewhere. The Jaco Laguna Resort has only been open for a few months and is located at the extreme south end of Jaco bay. The location was great; couldn't tell you were actually in Jaco. The rooms were clean, good bathrooms, very comfortable beds, great restaurant (although not very busy yet), and an extremely accomodating staff. The hotel is right on the beach so its great for walks or just lounging in the pool watching the surf. Its a 20 minute walk on the beach to the center of town if you just have to get town fix. I spoke to the owner and he explained that he basically renovated an older hotel and updated the rooms, bathrooms and grounds. He did a great job. Working with an existing structure brings its own limitations and if I had a "wish that..." about the resort it would be that the windows in the room looked over the pool and ocean rather than the back lot. If only the entries were in the rear and the view was West. But hey, you're in Costa Rica and who spends a lot of time in the hotel room? This place was a pleasant surprise.

Room Tip: The second and third floors have better views from the front entry hall (veranda) but you've got...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Huntington, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I just came back from a week at the Jaco Laguna Hotel in Jaco beach, Costa Rica. I traveled there with my children. It was an absolutely great experience. The owners were there and were very helpful and friendly. The Breakers Restaurant is on the terrace overlooking the ocean and is the perfect place to have a delicious meal. The chef is so talented and it was truly the best meals we had while there. They even prepared a special meal for my daughter for her birthday and that was great. The rooms are spacious and the mattresses are like sleeping on a cloud. We found ourselves not wanting to get out of bed in the morning. They have a cool tiki bar on the beach and make all the exotic fruit drinks that were so good. The staff was very helpful and they booked some really exciting tours for us as well. My children loved the pool and were very happy at the resort. The rooms were very clean and they have great internet access. I would strongly recommend this place to all and will be coming back again with my family and a few friends on my next vacation. The location was perfect and very safe.

Room Tip: Any room should be fine. New hotel with great air conditioners and flat screens.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
San Jose
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I just finished a nice vacation with my wife and children. We had a wonderful time playing in the surf and sun. The hotel was very beautiful. The staff was very friendly and well orgainized. The food was amazing, I felt like I was in a 5 star hotel and rest/bar in paradise, and that was the point. I have stayed in a few locations in Costa Rica and this was the first time I was not only satified, but very impressed. We are already planning our next vacation and we wouldn't think of staying anywhere else. There are so many things to do so close to Jaco, there is no reason to go anywhere else.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms are directly infront of the beach. Room 23 is on the third floor and it is huge.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Jaco Laguna Resort & Beach Club? Share your experiences!