“Pleasantly Surprised, great beach-front location” 5 of 5 stars

Jaco Laguna Resort & Beach Club
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle Madrigal, Jaco, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #7 of 43 Hotels in Jaco
Salt Lake City
“Pleasantly Surprised, great beach-front location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I traveled to Jaco with a group of students from the States and wasn't quite sure what to expect. Let me preface this by saying that Jason and his team were incredibly helpful at assisting me with all of our logistics prior to arrival, including arranging airport transportation.

When we arrived, we were pleasantly surprised at how incredibly beautiful the property was; it was on the southern end of the beach (with direct beach access) and an amazing pool area as well. We were told that they are still putting the finishing touches on the property (they just opened in January) but we found them to have most everything we needed.

The rooms were incredibly clean with adequate space. I liked that they included a fan, in addition to the a/c. I found the bed to be very comfortable. My only complaint would have been to have an extra blanket as I'm always cold but overall it was a great stay.

Breakfast was included in our rate and we were greeted with eggs, rice, beans and fruit every morning. It was a nice touch. The pool area is also quite nice; they have quite possibly the most comfortable lounge chairs I've ever laid on.

The property is located a short distance from the center of town. As others have stated, it was about a $2 cab ride into town, or you could just walk up the beach. We found this to be a great, safe and quiet location.

We were fortunate enough to meet both Jason, his wife Lilly and their cute little guy Marlin. What a lovely family and they were so helpful in suggesting restaurants and things to do. Jason was great about assisting us with setting up visits to Manuel Antonio and zip-lining. I'd be remiss if I didn't add that it was fun having their dog, Ranger, running around too.

Overall, a great stay with friendly staff and an owner who genuinely cared about making sure we had everything we needed to make our trip great.

Room Tip: I had room 22 which was located on the third floor; it worked out well.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Heredia, Costa Rica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I visited this Hotel last month with my family, they loved it. We really enjoyed all amenities and special activities. The hotel is located in south of Jaco. You can enjoyed the best weather. You can view the ocean from your room. The sunset was amazing

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Topeka, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We were excited to stay at the Jaco Laguna resort and were there for just 1 night in late Feb. Overall it met our expectations. The beds were comfy, the AC was cold, staff was mostly friendly (although, only one girl we encountered spoke any English) and the location can't be beat. The pool looked very nice but we didn't get to use it. We had breakfast and lunch there and found it to be adequate, not outstanding. We were one of the only guests there that day / night, so it was mostly quiet - although the walls were pretty thin and we did awaken to 2 young girls (hotel staff) laughing and talking to one another in loud voices at 7 AM. They were using the room next to ours as a "makeup station" - doing lots of primping for a photo shoot on property that day. I felt that the manager or owner of the place should have had the makeup room located somewhere else - there were MANY rooms open that night which they could have used. But overall we were happy with the place and especially appreciated the help we received from the owner's wife - she recommended a couple of good restaurants in town and was very pleasant to deal with. Suggestions would be: provide a larger safe for valuables and make the door locks more secure (our door lock was very flimsy).

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
East Hampton, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Our stay at the Jaco Laguna Resort could not have been more enjoyable. From the moment I walked into the open air lobby and saw the view of the beach only 50 yards away I knew I was going to have a blast. The secluded location made for the perfect tropical getaway. Although a short $2 taxi ride took us to the center of Jaco where there were plenty of bars and restaurants. The hotel was just recently renovated so everything was brand new. Our room had an extremely comfortable bed, a flat screen TV with a ton of channels and most importantly a huge in-wall air conditioner. The staff was awesome and amenities plentiful. There was a pool overlooking the ocean with access to the beach and an awesome tiki bar with great drinks. I got up early every morning, grabbed a surfboard and paddle out to the point break just off the beach. The hotel also arranged a half day fishing excursion for us which was a lot of fun. We caught sail fish, Wahoo and Mahi Mahi. We brought the Mahi and Wahoo back and the chef at the restaurant prepared it for us. Besides having the freshest fish I have ever eaten, all of the food at the restaurant was great. I can’t wait to get back there.

Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

This is a beautiful new hotel located right on on the beach in Jaco, CR. The rooms were large and well appointed. I really enjoyed the friendly staff and their service. a really fun experience. You have to stay if you're traveling to Jaco.

Room Tip: Ask for a 2nd floor room with a beach view. The sunsets were really great. I had room 13, perfectly...
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

This was my 3rd trip to Jaco Beach Costa Rica. I found this place to be second to none. Friendly helpful staff, the rooms were spotless & very comfortable. What a Great Location directly on the Beach, very quiet secluded location, yet close to town. The hotel set us up on some fun adventure tours, I even learned to surf at their surf school directly behind the hotel. Outstanding food at Breakers Restaurant …Best I have had in Cost Rica – Great Tiki Bar with magnificent sunsets nightly while enjoying a Friki Tiki drink that was incredible. On our stay one of the hotel partners, Manu Bennett who plays Crixus on Spartacus, and is in the Hobbit, was there for the week, what a Friendly Great Guy! we got to hang out with him at the Tiki Bar… he said he comes down quite often and just loves hanging at the hotel and Jaco Beach. I am already planning my next trip back….will Never stay anywhere else.
“AWESOME HOTEL”

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

If you have the means to enjoy a few days at this dreamy place, you will thank yourself later. Not only is the hotel and grounds flawless, the service the food the amenities are beyond.

I was just down there for my bachelor with 15 dudes and had an incredible time. It was funny cause the dude from Spartica was there randomly, Manu!!!!

Anyhow, take my word for it....BOOK IT!!!

Room Tip: 3rd floor, far left room!!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Jaco Laguna Resort & Beach Club? Share your experiences!