“Best value in Jaco Costa Rica” 5 of 5 stars

Surf Paradise Package
Ranked #8 of 44 Hotels in Jaco
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Newport Beach, California
“Best value in Jaco Costa Rica”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Just returned from a 5 day stay in Jaco & this new hotel is amazing! This is only my 2nd trip to Jaco, but I can assure you I will be staying @ this resort on all future trips. The rooms are spacious & comfortable with flat screen TV's. The staff is courteous & attentive & the chef is amazing. The quality of food rivals any 5 star restaurant in the US. Sunsets @ the beach-front Tiki bar are a must. If you feel the need to leave the resort, the town is a bike ride away & golf, sport fishing, zip-line tours can all be booked right @ the resort @ very competitive prices.
If you're planning a trip to Jaco, this is the place to stay. You won't be disappointed!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Irvine, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

This was my 10th trip to Jaco in the last 6 years and this is the only place I will ever stay in the future. I go once or twice a year both with friends and business people. I just got back from a 6 day trip with 8 of my business associates from CA and this was by far the best deal. Brand new hotel with upscale rooms and amenities is by far the best value in Jaco. They treat you excellent and take care of you like a 5 star hotel should. Booked all of our adventures including fishing, golf, bike rides, ATV tour, zip lines, etc, all priced very competitively and I know the prices down there. They have a high-end chef that is amazing with dishes that easily compare to any fine dining in the US. Staff in great, no problems, and it's right on the beach! It was the best time I've ever had down there. Stay here, your review will be as positive as mine!

Room Tip: All rooms are brand new with expensive bedding, flat screens TV's and high-end bathrooms and sho...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Oak park, Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Beautiful new hotel on the ocean, about 1/2 mile south of the main street in Jaco. Owners are lovely people who take good care of you. The Tiki Bar on the beach is terrific with great barmaids that pour good drinks. Breakfast is good, and they cooked our freshly caught fish for dinner and it was very good. The staff is very friendly, and all speak good english.

Room Tip: The place is brand new, with new everything. There are no bad rooms that I know of.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Brightwaters, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

The Jacò Laguna Resort is the most beautiful hotel I have ever stayed in! The staff is so cool I befriended almost everyone who works there. If you are looking for a place to just sit back and relax in the sun, this resort is the place to be. Lounge out next to the pool or beach with your favorite summertime cerveza. On the other hand, if your looking to go out on an adventure, the staff at the Jacò Laguna Resort have many connections with all types of safe, reputable tour guides. They set up our group with a great capitan for some offshore fishing, where we caught 11 sailfish by noon! It was really amazing! Also we went zip-lining, which is a must-do, we went horse back riding from the beach right into the jungle, where we saw a bunch of monkeys and tropical birds. Aside from day trip adventures, the resort also has some utilities like bicycles and surfboards for rent. The surfboards really came in use because we had swell to surf everyday! I cant wait to go back to the Jacò Laguna Resort next year!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

We looked for a beach town atmosphere and lucked out finding a beach front hotel that made our first Costa Rica visit perfect! The staff made us feel at home, the chef was awesome and personable, and the sunsets were second to none! In 10 minutes we could walk downtown via the beach. A highlight of the trip was 4-wheeling through some of the most beautiful hills stopping at the top of a mountain for a breathtaking view and a meal. We spent a day at the rainforest and pictures can't do it justice. Amazingly red Macaws flew right over the hotel several times a day. We were told that they love the almond tree on the hotel property. We are already planning a return trip. It was the most relaxing time in years!

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Absolutely beautiful hotel. I love that it is located on the south side of the city yet a cab ride only costs $6.00 to get downtown. The staff was full of smiles and very accommodating. The food was so good & portion sizes where perfect. I highly recommend the fish tacos. We rented beach cruisers and rode to downtown, one day, I took surfing lessons (thank you Bill & Mary), enjoyed paddle boarding, and of course relaxed by the beautiful pool. The resort is situated perfectly on the beach, set back enough to still feel private. Every morning I walked out of my room I felt like I was in paradise. If I go back to Jaco this is the only place I will stay. Rosie you make a great dirty monkey frozen cocktail in the tiki bar, thank you!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I just returned from by far the most enjoyable vacation my wife and I have ever taken. From the moment we landed in San Jose we were picked up by a professional car service arranged by the Hotel and in 1 hour and 30 min we were at the Hotel. We were greeted by the vert friendly Hotel and professional staff, check-in was a breeze and before we knew it we were enjoying cocktails on the beach. We were brought up to our room and when the door opened
we entered into a extremely well air conditioned oversized well appointed room, a full ceramic tile Bath Room and did I mention that this Hotel is brand new with all the latest technology and King size Pillow top mattresses. While in the room you will notice you can hardly here the Air Conditioning unit also state of the art. The property is well manicured, the landscaping is done to compliment the beautiful flowers, bushes and trees of the spectacular Rain Forest just across the street. The beach goes on forever just magnificent the water is perfect. Sunset over the ocean is like a painting its unbelievable and new every night. Of course whats a great Resort with out a great pool, 2 pools one for children and one for adults with a jacuzzi built right into the pool. Great TiKi Bar right on the beach and a few steps from the pool. The Breakers open air restaurant on the second level overlooking the ocean is absolutely the greatest dining experiences you will ever have, the food was to die for. I could go on forever about this JEWEL I found in Jaco Beach Costa Rica.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Jaco Laguna Resort & Beach Club? Share your experiences!