“Adventure-Filled Vacation” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 43 Hotels in Jaco
Brightwaters, New York
“Adventure-Filled Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

The Jacò Laguna Resort is the most beautiful hotel I have ever stayed in! The staff is so cool I befriended almost everyone who works there. If you are looking for a place to just sit back and relax in the sun, this resort is the place to be. Lounge out next to the pool or beach with your favorite summertime cerveza. On the other hand, if your looking to go out on an adventure, the staff at the Jacò Laguna Resort have many connections with all types of safe, reputable tour guides. They set up our group with a great capitan for some offshore fishing, where we caught 11 sailfish by noon! It was really amazing! Also we went zip-lining, which is a must-do, we went horse back riding from the beach right into the jungle, where we saw a bunch of monkeys and tropical birds. Aside from day trip adventures, the resort also has some utilities like bicycles and surfboards for rent. The surfboards really came in use because we had swell to surf everyday! I cant wait to go back to the Jacò Laguna Resort next year!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

We looked for a beach town atmosphere and lucked out finding a beach front hotel that made our first Costa Rica visit perfect! The staff made us feel at home, the chef was awesome and personable, and the sunsets were second to none! In 10 minutes we could walk downtown via the beach. A highlight of the trip was 4-wheeling through some of the most beautiful hills stopping at the top of a mountain for a breathtaking view and a meal. We spent a day at the rainforest and pictures can't do it justice. Amazingly red Macaws flew right over the hotel several times a day. We were told that they love the almond tree on the hotel property. We are already planning a return trip. It was the most relaxing time in years!

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Absolutely beautiful hotel. I love that it is located on the south side of the city yet a cab ride only costs $6.00 to get downtown. The staff was full of smiles and very accommodating. The food was so good & portion sizes where perfect. I highly recommend the fish tacos. We rented beach cruisers and rode to downtown, one day, I took surfing lessons (thank you Bill & Mary), enjoyed paddle boarding, and of course relaxed by the beautiful pool. The resort is situated perfectly on the beach, set back enough to still feel private. Every morning I walked out of my room I felt like I was in paradise. If I go back to Jaco this is the only place I will stay. Rosie you make a great dirty monkey frozen cocktail in the tiki bar, thank you!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I just returned from by far the most enjoyable vacation my wife and I have ever taken. From the moment we landed in San Jose we were picked up by a professional car service arranged by the Hotel and in 1 hour and 30 min we were at the Hotel. We were greeted by the vert friendly Hotel and professional staff, check-in was a breeze and before we knew it we were enjoying cocktails on the beach. We were brought up to our room and when the door opened
we entered into a extremely well air conditioned oversized well appointed room, a full ceramic tile Bath Room and did I mention that this Hotel is brand new with all the latest technology and King size Pillow top mattresses. While in the room you will notice you can hardly here the Air Conditioning unit also state of the art. The property is well manicured, the landscaping is done to compliment the beautiful flowers, bushes and trees of the spectacular Rain Forest just across the street. The beach goes on forever just magnificent the water is perfect. Sunset over the ocean is like a painting its unbelievable and new every night. Of course whats a great Resort with out a great pool, 2 pools one for children and one for adults with a jacuzzi built right into the pool. Great TiKi Bar right on the beach and a few steps from the pool. The Breakers open air restaurant on the second level overlooking the ocean is absolutely the greatest dining experiences you will ever have, the food was to die for. I could go on forever about this JEWEL I found in Jaco Beach Costa Rica.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Staying at Jaco Laguna Resort is by far one of the best travel experiences I have ever had. The Hotel staff and service went well above and beyond my expectations. The restaurant and food are 5 star quality. The surfing, paddle boards and fishing provided plenty of entertainment and activities for me and my family. If my kids were not in the pool (which they were in every day) they were enjoying the exotic surroundings. Even though the town was close by and convenient, we preferred to enjoy the pleasant serene setting of the resort.

Watching the sunset and enjoying a few drinks at the tiki bar was a perfect way to unwind at the end of a fun filled day. I hope to go back with just my wife for a more romantic vacation.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Huntington Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

After traveling to this resort with a few friends, there is no where else where I would rather stay at in Jaco. Conveniently located right on the beach, Jaco Laguna Resort gets the best of all worlds. It is close enough to town to enjoy all the entertainment and nightlife it has to offer, but far enough away to appreciate the tranquility and peacefulness of the rain forest and ocean. Within the resort, the food was by far the best I had during my visit to CR, and the restaurant and tiki bar are a great spot to hang out and grab a drink. The resort also offered access to all sorts of activities, including surfing, fishing, paddle boards, and more. The rooms were all completely new and extremely clean. I recommend this to anyone wanting to explore the incredible country of Costa Rica.

Room Tip: Choose an ocean view room, it's worth it!