“Awesome stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 44 Hotels in Jaco
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Awesome stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed for one week and had a great time, our room had a jacuzzi on the balcony a comfortable bed and an amazing view of the ocean. The food was really good with a huge menu.. Every night was a different night, but not every guest wanted yo dressed up for theme nights but is funny to watch the staff with their outfits we and other guest joined them. The pool parties on sat and sun gets fun and wild. Then we move to their hotel on the mountain for 4 nights. They have a good promotion if you split your stay between both hotels. Great service and staff.

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is a very late review, and for that I apologize. We are planning our second trip back and fully intend on staying at Copacabana, hence the reminder to write the review. The staff are AMAZING - helpful, responsive and will do everything to make your stay memorable. The food is fantastic, and yes the rooms a little dated, but they are very clean. Personally I don't think you go to Costa Rica for the room, you go for the people. We would not want to stay anywhere else when visiting this area of Costa Rica.

Rhain & Jeff

Room Tip: Would not rent a suite as there is no need to cook for yourselves. The the food is so amazing in th...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Cork
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We did stay almost 2 weeks. By aware this is adults only hotel and some people preferred life style, some people are thinking that other guest like country music from 9 am, but you have no influence on it, you can only ask... You have 2 pools, one is clothing optional, one nude.
Excellent:
Beach is very close and very nice. I would give few Michelin Stars for the food in restaurant. A la carte menu was excellent. Best ever beef, fish or seafood. Amazing fruits. We are not big fans about drinks, but wine was very good. Staff friendly and very very helpful. After 2 days they did remember what we prefer and what we are eating for breakfast and what we like to drink. The manager of this hotel was able to help us with everything. Take extravaganza and have massage, pedicure, manicure, hotels transfers for free.
Rooms are nice, do not take the rooms along the road - to noisy. Rooms are clean and almost renovated. The fridge is top up every morning with drinks you like. Hotel area is very clean. Iguanas in the hotel are very friendly. Behind the nude pool is a small river with crocodiles, but it is safe.
Are is beautiful, Jaco town is safe.
Be aware:
Some people will behave inappropriate (life style).
Forget abut night entertainment listed on webpage - it is non.
In the naked Iguana Bar is a laptop which you can use and choose your own music - some people think that others are deep.
Big amount of women / girls working as a prostitutes.
No disable access to the first or second floor.
IN GENERAL - very nice place to spend your vacation.

Room Tip: Do not take the rooms along the road
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I just returned from an overnight in Jaco to show my brother a night on the town. Most of the hotels were sold out, but Copacabana still had rooms available. That was my first red flag. The hotel photos looked good, but sadly, the photos were misleading. We upgraded to the larger whirlpool suites to enjoy and relax. However, my room did not have hot water...so it was tepid showers and I gave up on trying to use the whirlpool. The staff are very nice and accommodating. Jean Paul was excellent and very helpful and did his best to help fix the heater the next morning. However the state of the property is fading, showing poor maintenance and structures that are aging and in need of a makeover. When we arrived, a room close to mine was being fumigated. My room was clean but damp...even with a humidifier and AC unit running at full. Management placed 3 air fresheners in my room to help cover the smell of the damp walls. The poor state of this hotel could have been tolerable at $75 per night. But at $200 per night, this property is overpriced. Making matters worse, this property didn't include breakfast for people that book through Expedia. Breakfast of beans and rice, juice and water was $30...a rip-off by any standard. It wasn't all bad. The pool area was quite nice and they did have a band play on Friday night. If you don't care about quality and are just looking to party, this hotel may suit your needs. A friend rented a two bedroom private luxury condo in Jaco for about the same price. For my next visit, I will avoid the Copacabana and seek a private condo to rent.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
john0123, Owner at Copacabana Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 1 week ago
We thank the guest by stating our"staff are very nice ans accommodating" and "the pool area was quite nice and they did have a band play on Friday night"But some guests want to not tell the truth when doing a review,for whatever reason.Contary to this reviewer's allegations
1)Our photo's are not misleading,they are what comes out of the camera
2)His room did have hot water for showers,is was the hot water to his Jacuzzi that could only be fixed when the plumbing store opened the next day.His friends Jacuzzi was fine.
3)His and his friends room where both totally renovated 2 years ago with a new Jacuzzi,washroom,king bed etc.
4)His shower would be only tepid if you turn on too much cold water.
5)We had only one air freshener in his room
6)We fumigate the hotel every 2 months to make sure we have no bugs.During this guests stay we where not fumigating,but the maids do have a can of Raid for mosquito's if any slip into the room
7)There is no place in Jaco in high season to get a room with a king bed and Jacuzzi for $75.00
8)He did not pay $30.00 but just $10.00 for his breakfast that also included bacon or sausage,juice,coffee,the guest bought other things to total $30.00
The guest should have booked with us directly if he wanted what we give to direct bookings and not complain later.
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed three nights last week and chose this hotel at the recommendation of a friend who visited last year. Knowing it was adult only and clothing optional, my expectations were not only met but exceeded. Met some super cool new drinking buddies from Ohio and FL. Spent time partying with them at the pool during the day and we really enjoying visiting some of the great restaurants and notoriously lively nightspots in the evenings. I chose the Jacuzzi suite poolside, and everyone who got a peak inside wanted to trade and/or was insanely jealous. The room was clean, everything worked, king size bed was comfortable, and the air conditioning kept me cool. I loved the see-through glass shower-wouldn't mind having one like that at the house. The entire staff was super, as Rachel and the others took great care of me and even booked my return shuttle to the airport when I asked for help on that. Pool bar staff was top shelf, and the food and drinks were very good. It was great to meet other visitors who would stop in to socialize and have drink or three. The hot water was not always piping hot, but nothing to get in a twist over. I will book here again when planning my next great CR escape - its a done deal.

Room Tip: Stay oceanfront if sensitive to noise, the party music on Saturday night goes on till about 11pm. If...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2015

I stayed a few days ago, excellent location, like 50 mts from the ocean, love the staff service and food are great,like I order everything and trust me you can choose whatever you what from the menu, everything is delicious,
We stayed in a suite, it was very neat, clean and we have excellent sunset view, comfy bed and very spacious bedroom, also the bathroom is perfect to take a shower with your partner cause is very big.
Love the night activities, such as live music, (the singer is very sexy btw) piña coladas and chiliguaro shots was some of the recommendations, and no regrets at all.
During the day, the pool bar is the best place you can be, great music, met many mens and sexy chiks during my tanning session at the pool :). In my opinion if you are in searching for an adult only hotel experience this is the best option, Jacó have anything you are looking for.
Love this place, I am planning to stay again next moth.

FYI: I used the transfer service from the airport to the hotel, it was great, no worries at all, they were waiting for us in front of the exit gate and picked up our luggages.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2015

We where not staying here but came for a couple of nights at the bar by the pool, and 1 afternoon for drinks. Everyone staying there was really friendly and bar staff was very good. The property is a nice little oasis with plenty of sitting area day or night. Yes this is a clothing optional resort and yes there were a few naked people (including myself) hanging around and playing in the pool. I was very comfortable (my first time) and everyone seemed to be very relaxed and casual about everything. I would for sure stay here if I ever return to Jaco.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Katia A, General Manager at Copacabana Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you very much. We are happy that you enjoyed our Pool & Bar atmosphere. Hope you stay with us next time! Pura Vida!!

Been to Copacabana Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!