Called and was quoted a price of $79 for a two-bed room. Arrived and we were shown a windowless prison cell with 2 cots. They told us could upgrade to a 2 queen suite for an additional $56. Since my buddy recently had a titanium rod placed in his leg and we had lugged all of our luggage in, we reluctantly agreed. In the 5 minutes it took to show us the prison cells, two prostitutes had miraculously appeared and sat on a bench next to the reception desk. We were propositioned and declined. We were then shown the "suite" and were told it wouldn't be ready for a while because they had to put in the second queen bed. 1 hour later our "suite' was ready, with the second queen bed placed right in the kitchen. The hotel had 6 rooms, maybe less, occupied. There were 4 cars in the lot, and two may have been employees' cars. Monday was advertised as 70's Disco night, but obviously there were no guests to participate. "Stayin Alive" by gouging customers was the only disco going on. Next morning we went down for breakfast, and it was nice. Upon checkout, they informed us breakfast was not included and was an additional $40. I have stayed in 20 hotels in Costa Rica, from family run to the Wyndam, and breakfast is always included. I had dinner at the #1 rated Falls Restaurant in Manuel Antonio, and the bill was less than $40. The only saving grace to this disgrace was its location. Beachfront and secluded, right off the main strip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Copacabana Hotel is the only Adult, Clothing Optional, Beach Front Resort in Costa Rica the area. Is nestled in the famous town of Jaco, on the beach in Costa Rica’s Central Pacific Region. Our resort offers a party atmosphere with daily and nightly activities, pool parties, live music, karaoke, DJ’s, theme parties, and much more and spectacular views of the sunset. Our knowledgeable, friendly and hospitable staff looks forward to welcoming you to one of the most relaxed and friendliest ocean front resort in Costa Rica. While staying with us, enjoy a relaxing massage or other spa treatments in our new spa, Coconut Palms. Enjoy fine dining or local dishes in our on-site ocean front restaurant, Ocean Waves with a large menu Seafood, BBQ, from asian to mexican to italian to peruvian. Have a drink, catch up on the game and make new friends at Naked Iguana Sports and Wet Bar and restaurant. We offer two swimming pools one clothing optional and one nude and nude Jacuzzi. Inquire at our front desk about fishing charters, tours and golf packages. We are certain that your visit to the Copacabana Hotel and Suites will be a lasting memory. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com and Expedia so you can book your Copacabana Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Copacabana Hotel And Suites
- Copacabana Hotel Jaco
- Copacabana Hotel & Suites Costa Rica/Jaco