I only want to comment on one thing regarding my experience at this property. DO NOT TRUST THE STAFF OR THE SECURITY OF THE IN ROOM SAFE!
On day 2 of my stay, I returned to my room after an afternoon of exploring the town to find someone had been in my room despite the "do not disturb" sign I had placed on my door. (The "intruder" left the TV on, and my things near the closet/safe I could tell had been moved). Sure enough I checked my safe only to find $400 cash missing!!!! Long story short, the owner supposedly investigated security footage and identified 3 employees who had entered my room (under the guise of replacing the TV in my room - something I had not requested), and he claims not surprisingly all 3 denied taking the cash. He also claims there is no way they could enter the safe (these are safes with physical keys instead of the electronic coded ones) because the master key is locked in his office. So I have no explanation for my missing cash, and of course no further way of proving anything, but I can assure you SOMEONE was able to get into that safe somehow. Raw deal for me. Sweet deal for some unethical people who work there, and maybe even for the owner himself?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Copacabana Hotel is the only Adult, Clothing Optional, Beach Front Resort in Costa Rica the area. Is nestled in the famous town of Jaco, on the beach in Costa Rica’s Central Pacific Region. Our resort offers a party atmosphere with daily and nightly activities, pool parties, live music, karaoke, DJ’s, theme parties, and much more and spectacular views of the sunset. Our knowledgeable, friendly and hospitable staff looks forward to welcoming you to one of the most relaxed and friendliest ocean front resort in Costa Rica. While staying with us, enjoy a relaxing massage or other spa treatments in our new spa, Coconut Palms. Enjoy fine dining or local dishes in our on-site ocean front restaurant, Ocean Waves with a large menu Seafood, BBQ, from asian to mexican to italian to peruvian. Have a drink, catch up on the game and make new friends at Naked Iguana Sports and Wet Bar and restaurant. We offer two swimming pools one clothing optional and one nude and nude Jacuzzi. Inquire at our front desk about fishing charters, tours and golf packages. We are certain that your visit to the Copacabana Hotel and Suites will be a lasting memory. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Copacabana Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Copacabana Hotel And Suites
- Copacabana Hotel Jaco
- Copacabana Hotel & Suites Costa Rica/Jaco