I travel to Jaco 11-13 April 2013. Normally I stay in San Jose when I visit Costa Rica. My intentions were to fish inshore and tour the crocodile infested river nearby. I read the reviews prior to going and had mixed emotions , nevertheless I went anyway. I booked the ocean front room for two days at $184 per night =$404 . Unfortunately my driver took me to the Hotel Cocal and I was sick after seeing how much cheaper yet nicer it was. On the lighter note the Copa's staff is superb, Kathy the manager is a great person to talk to and have a drink with. The room was spacious and had the basic amenities, I had problem with the safe in the room . . The staff fixed it quickly. Hot water was plentiful. This hotel is for adults only , clothing is optional and yes there was nudity near the pool in the middle of the day. Please don't bring kids here. There were ladies of the night strolling in and out looking for lonely hearts, they were very low key and well dressed. They blended in well with the couples there. If you are not a friend of animals don't stay here . There are iguanas everywhere. They are huge but friendly to humans. The staff provides fun theme nights. They arranged a Lua Night including a roasted pig. Overall the stay was good. If I was a single guy looking for fun the Hotel Cocal is the best in Jaco hands down.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Copacabana Hotel is the only Adult, Clothing Optional, Beach Front Resort in Costa Rica the area. Is nestled in the famous town of Jaco, on the beach in Costa Rica’s Central Pacific Region. Our resort offers a party atmosphere with daily and nightly activities, pool parties, live music, karaoke, DJ’s, theme parties, and much more and spectacular views of the sunset. Our knowledgeable, friendly and hospitable staff looks forward to welcoming you to one of the most relaxed and friendliest ocean front resort in Costa Rica. While staying with us, enjoy a relaxing massage or other spa treatments in our new spa, Coconut Palms. Enjoy fine dining or local dishes in our on-site ocean front restaurant, Ocean Waves with a large menu Seafood, BBQ, from asian to mexican to italian to peruvian. Have a drink, catch up on the game and make new friends at Naked Iguana Sports and Wet Bar and restaurant. We offer two swimming pools one clothing optional and one nude and nude Jacuzzi. Inquire at our front desk about fishing charters, tours and golf packages. We are certain that your visit to the Copacabana Hotel and Suites will be a lasting memory. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Otel and Venere so you can book your Copacabana Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Copacabana Hotel And Suites
- Copacabana Hotel Jaco
- Copacabana Hotel & Suites Costa Rica/Jaco