My husband and I were a little worried about our stay at the Copa because of some of the reviews. We have stayed at Tempations in Cabo and Cancun and Sandals in Jamaica. This place is open and relaxed, but much smaller and more laid back. Costa Rica is a beautiful country with mountains, rain forest, and ocean.
First of all, the room was fantastic. We had an ocean front jacuzzi suite and went all inclusive.
The live band was directly below our room. There are glass doors around the jacuzzi and wooden doors into the bedroom. With both of these closed, we couldn't even hear the band.
#2. Staff: The staff was absolutely amazing. They knew our names by day 2. We never had to give our room numbers. They brought us drinks at the naked pool without us even ordering because we usually drink the same thing. Occasionally, they brought us drinks to try, which were always interesting and delicious.
#3. The food. This should actually be number 1. The best food I have ever eaten at an all inclusive resort. I am comparing this to Sandals and Couples in Jamaica as well as Tempations in Mexico. There is no buffet. Everything is made to order. Definitely do the all inclusive.
#4 Jaco is a nice town. The resort is just a short alley from the main street. Jaco is not Cancun. It is not greatly Americanized, which is what we like. They still have KFC and subway if you like, but has more locals that most tourist locations. The locals are very nice and accomodating. They aren't pushy with their sales as many other places I've been.
#5 Excursion: We booked an excursion through the front desk to zipline. They picked us up from the resort and returned us. Ziplining in the rainforest was absolutely amazing. Don't miss out on this!
#6 Transporation: We were concerned about our transportation to and from the hotel. We got a taxi from the airport and paid $85 dollars for the trip. our flight home was extremely early. We had to leave the resort by 5:30am. We were worried not taxi would actually show up. The front desk booked us transportation and it cost $75. he was punctual and wonderful.
Please don't let the bad reviews keep you from this hotel.
We loved everything about it and plan to go back very soon.
We are an american couple, married 13 years with a couple of kids. This was a wonderful place to reconnect and relax.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Copacabana Hotel is the only Adult, Clothing Optional, Beach Front Resort in Costa Rica the area. Is nestled in the famous town of Jaco, on the beach in Costa Rica’s Central Pacific Region. Our resort offers a party atmosphere with daily and nightly activities, pool parties, live music, karaoke, DJ’s, theme parties, and much more and spectacular views of the sunset. Our knowledgeable, friendly and hospitable staff looks forward to welcoming you to one of the most relaxed and friendliest ocean front resort in Costa Rica. While staying with us, enjoy a relaxing massage or other spa treatments in our new spa, Coconut Palms. Enjoy fine dining or local dishes in our on-site ocean front restaurant, Ocean Waves with a large menu Seafood, BBQ, from asian to mexican to italian to peruvian. Have a drink, catch up on the game and make new friends at Naked Iguana Sports and Wet Bar and restaurant. We offer two swimming pools one clothing optional and one nude and nude Jacuzzi. Inquire at our front desk about fishing charters, tours and golf packages. We are certain that your visit to the Copacabana Hotel and Suites will be a lasting memory. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Copacabana Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Copacabana Hotel And Suites
- Copacabana Hotel Jaco
- Copacabana Hotel & Suites Costa Rica/Jaco