I have travelled to over 40 countries and stayed in some pretty dire places. However, I have to say that this was one of the worst places I have ever stayed in. How bad was it? My friend and I let the hotel keep our $150 night's payment and went to stay at another hotel after several hours.
The faults? Two double beds were crammed into a tiny room, so small that the door to the room could not open entirely because it kept hitting one of the beds. There were no towels in the room, and the ones we eventually got had unusual stains on them. The shower door would not open properly. There was no phone in the room. The TV was not plugged in. Why? you might ask. Well, because it not only didn;t work but emitted a strange low-pitched buzzing/bubbling noise when switched on. There were ants (or possible termites) all over the walls and strange small insects (bedbugs?) on the sheets. Techno disco music was pumping out from an empty lounge area when we arrived at night. And all of this was for a double priced at $150. The prostitutes at the bar did not liven up the place for us either.
Of course, the management did not seem to care one whit when we complained. We then decided to let them keep the money and sleep somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Copacabana Hotel is the only Adult, Clothing Optional, Beach Front Resort in Costa Rica the area. Is nestled in the famous town of Jaco, on the beach in Costa Rica’s Central Pacific Region. Our resort offers a party atmosphere with daily and nightly activities, pool parties, live music, karaoke, DJ’s, theme parties, and much more and spectacular views of the sunset. Our knowledgeable, friendly and hospitable staff looks forward to welcoming you to one of the most relaxed and friendliest ocean front resort in Costa Rica. While staying with us, enjoy a relaxing massage or other spa treatments in our new spa, Coconut Palms. Enjoy fine dining or local dishes in our on-site ocean front restaurant, Ocean Waves with a large menu Seafood, BBQ, from asian to mexican to italian to peruvian. Have a drink, catch up on the game and make new friends at Naked Iguana Sports and Wet Bar and restaurant. We offer two swimming pools one clothing optional and one nude and nude Jacuzzi. Inquire at our front desk about fishing charters, tours and golf packages. We are certain that your visit to the Copacabana Hotel and Suites will be a lasting memory. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Copacabana Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Copacabana Hotel And Suites
- Copacabana Hotel Jaco
- Copacabana Hotel & Suites Costa Rica/Jaco