“I will be back” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Apado - 150, Jaco, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #14 of 43 Hotels in Jaco
“I will be back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

This the first time I have ever wrote a review. I loved this place.The owner took the time to make sure everything went smoothly for me.I there was 1/24 to 1/26 . The next time I am down I will stay a week. I only speak English the customer service was very good. I come Costa Rica 3 times a year. I wished I would have found it sooner. I would like to thank the hole staff for great trip.
Ron from Colorado

• Stayed January 2013
Katia A, General Manager at Copacabana Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
We thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are glad the we met your expectation and to know that you are coming back is our best reward.
Hope to see you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Nevada City, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Jaco is a fun little town to party in. If your in to parting and a night life this is the place to go. The hotel is right on the beach, very nice location. Its about a block walk from the main strip. The beds are nice and big, hotel has good air conditioning, and a big king size bed mirror. For a CR hotel, this hotel is very nice, dont compare it to a standard hotel room in the states, because your in a different country. When we were there it was their summer, and there were a few big ants crawling around in the room, but not many, similar situation you would find if you were staying in a hotel in florida, with heat and humidity brings life. The hotel pool is nice and has a bar that you can sit in the pool and order drinks from. I think the location is ideal, close to everything and about 30 second walk from the lobby to the beach. The girls at the front speak good english and were very helpful.

Room Tip: King size bed room
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Nicaragua
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel over Christmas and New Year. We had read the reviews and got the impression that this place was not for everyone, but we are a fun loving couple and thought we would give it a try. I am pleased to say that we really enjoyed ourselves. Let me be clear, this is not a five star resort, however for the price you pay it represents good value for money compared to other adult only places that we have visited. What I can tell you is that all of the staff were very friendly and the place was safe in such an easy going atmosphere. This hotel was on the beach and the sunsets were spectacular. I think we are all in agreement that the food is first class and although the standard rooms are a little small ours had everything that we needed for a good nights sleep. Clearly this hotel does not suit everyone, but we had a great time and will definitely return.

Room Tip: Go all inclusive to get better value for money.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Niagara Falls, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Actually came across this place on tripadvisor when I was looking for a lively beach hotel that I could stop into on my way up the Pacific coast. I've stayed in some surfing dives and some really great places in my travels, but my experience at the Copacabana was memorable enough that I would actually post a review.

First, it's affordable and to me a great value when you consider it's literally on the beach and then has both a pool bar and a couple of pools to hang out in. Couldn't complain about the service as everyone from the front desk to the maids were helpful as I only spoke English and with Costa Rica apparently being the happiest place on earth, they were really patient. I stayed in a new suite towards the back facing the pool and it was definitely comfortable for myself and a companion.

Second, it's lively - I saw the reviews complaining about the music into the night, but this is the kind of place I wanted. I was there late on Thursday through Sunday, and I can say these were three of the best nights I had in Costa Rica. There was live entertainment every one of these nights, with renditions that were loud, but totally enjoyable - some latin mixed with 70-80's rock. As well they kept the pool open until the last guest departed ... really a place that caters to having fun. Specifically a shout out to Luis of the staff that provided great hospitality at the pool bar who's a Costa Rican with decent English and a good wit, that made myself fee right at home. Also when I was there they had a couple "Tarzan & Jayn" social directors, and I've got to say their nude body painting was pure artwork ... didn't indulge but well appreciated the paintings!

And last but not least, the food was very good and plentiful though not quite North American style (no preservatives and display could be better), both in comparison to places in town and what they charged.

Anyway, I will definitely recommend this place to my biddies for a hotel to have a godo time in Costa Rica.

Room Tip: I happened to stay in the newly renovated rooms which they are doing throughout the hotel, look out...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I stayed at the Copacabana for a week recently and was thoroughly disappointed. The rooms are very small, and most of them face the pool bar, which plays loud music until at least midnight, so don't expect much sleep. The staff are mostly kind and the food excellent (and pricey), but I would not stay there again. It is also located on a dark, somewhat dangerous street, so it's recommended to take a cab rather than walk alone, even though it is a nice walk.

It is directly on the beach, but there are no beach services, and they will charge $10 if you lose one of their paper-thin towels. Also, beware that the hotel does not offer refunds under any circumstances. I was injured on an ATV tour and left 5 days early, but was forced to pay for the entire stay, losing more than $700. I tried negotiating with management, but they offered no reparation whatsoever, called me a liar and threatened to sue me for libel if I wrote any negative reviews. One worker did offer me a credit towards food or other incurred expenses, but that offer was not honored at checkout the following morning. Regardless, I would not recommend this hotel without a deep discount. There are far better places to stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Marilyn K, Guest Relations Manager at Copacabana Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
We pride ourselves in taking care of our guests and giving them best service they are paying for BUT we do not bend to blackmail or unjustified threats as this reviewer attempted to do prior to writing his review. This reviewer booked this stay with us through Booking.com. He was a customer of Booking.com and never attempted to cancel the balance of his stay through Booking.com. During New Years, we have a 5-night minimum which was the terms and condition under which this customer booked his reservation. The reviewer made an allegation he was hurt on an ATV tour, we could see no evidence of any injuries when he left the hotel and because we were willing to work with this guest on humanitarian grounds,we sent an e-mail requesting the name of the ATV company where he had hurt himself (he did not book the tour through us).... a doctor's report on the accident as well as from the ATV company... why the insurance of the ATV company was not covering the accident expenses....proof that this reviewer declined medical insurance before he came to Costa Rica so that he would not try to claim on the insurance and claim against us.... and proof that the guest left our hotel and went directly to the airport to fly home for medical reasons. We did not receive a reply from this reviewer. One can only assume that this reviewer allegations are completely false and this review was put to libel and slander us.

All hotels levy a charge when a guest lose towels. We do have beach services. Our road is not dangerous. Our prices are average for the Jaco area. The reviewer is correct in stating we have great food.. Our on-site management team is always ready to help any of our guests if they have a problem. As an example, if a guest have to leave early we offer a 6-month credit to be used on their next stay and because this guest decided to be high handed/refused to work with us and threatening our staff without providing any proof of his allegations, we did not offer this guest the 6-months credit.
NRGB, WV
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for a week. Pros are: location, service, adult only, and the 2 pool areas. Cons are: rooms, maintenance crew, and price. The price for domestic beer is 2000 colones or 4 dollars at the hotel. You can go to any bar around and get for 1000 colones or 2 dollars. We paid about 100 dollars a night which is way to much for the Jaco area. The staff are great but the maintenance crew are terrible. We went 3 days without a shower. We were offered another room but I was concerned about the air conditioning. I enjoyed myself though. The location is great and my wife and I could easily watch the beautiful sunsets. I would stay again, but only if the price was cheaper.

• Stayed December 2012
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

We stayed at Copacabana about one year ago on our last vacation and we enjoyed ourselves so much that we decided to return. We were very pleased to see all of the same staff were all still working there. The strength of this hotel is that it is friendly and safe. We are a nudist couple and at the Copa we can relax and just be ourselves. The food is of a very high standard, in a romantic setting, right on the beach. The cocktails at sunset was our favourite part of the day. The evenings stepped up a notch and there was live music at the weekends and themed nights so that we could dress-up. Our room was a standard room which suited our needs just fine and we slept great. We will definitely be returning again next year.

Room Tip: Get friendly with others couples and share some stories in the outdoor hot-tub around midnight.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Copacabana Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!