“Nice place to relax” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Apartotel Flamboyant

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jaco
Apartotel Flamboyant
Save Saved
You added Apartotel Flamboyant to your Saves list
Jaco, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #13 of 42 Hotels in Jaco
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Nice place to relax”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Great location, friendly staff, and perfect view of the ocean! Cannot complain at all about my stay at the Flamboyant. It is walking distance from all the shops and restaurants in Jaco, clean, and has a parking lot if you're driving your own vehicle. The pool is beautiful. Quiet location. Air conditioning!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
jacquidankers, Propietario at Apartotel Flamboyant, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Hello
Thanks for taking the time to comment about our hotel.
We like to know that our customers are happy and satisfied
We hope you can visit us in the future
Best regards
Jacqueline

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

I stayed here for a month last summer. It is right in the center of Jaco on the beach, which was important, because I was traveling alone. It's also behind the only lifeguard station in Jaco, so if you get stuck in the riptide, at least you'll be saved! I got a good deal for the month, even having to pay a lot extra for A/C. It also had a full kitchen. The room was simple, but clean. It is family-owned and I found them very helpful and friendly. There are no extras like food or a bar, but you get what you pay for. I will probably stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
jacquidankers, Propietario at Apartotel Flamboyant, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
hello Anna:
thanks for your time to comment about our hotel, was a pleasure to meet you , we hope your visit in the future.
Moscow, Russia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

The guy who runs this place is out to make a quick buck, because it you dont look at this place carefully it seems alright, but when you stay there its a dump. The owner made it seem like he was giving me a deal when I came in and asked about getting a small place for the night before I went to the airport in the morning. Showed me a room that seemed nice and it wasnt too pricey, $70. I didnt bother to check about the details, as I assumed I could have guests in a 3 room apartment. I was traveling with some friends that were also staying in the room next to the one i got and we wanted to have a great last night. We met up more friends in Jaco and came back here. When we came back the owner freaked because there was five of us, he couldnt understand that we had multiple rooms because he was yelling about calling the cops so loud. I had to calm the owner down by telling him were leaving and got another hotel. When I talked to the owner about it he told me he doesnt give refunds and that that it isnt his problem that there was a misunderstanding.

Room Tip: Check for AC and Ants
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I always personally check out hotels when arriving in a new destination and met a delightful lady from Toronto who raved about this hotel and had come here for years. Her recommendation swayed me to stay here and I then met the rest of the "family", people who have come here for years from Germany, Toronto, Quebec and others. They all made me feel welcome and testified to the value and the quality of this hotel. Family run by professional and courteous siblings. Right on the beach, a great pool biig enough for laps and centrally located in the middle of town for an easy walk anywhere.

I hope they would upgrade their wifi as it is weak for uploading (one router by office, another by pool get affected by salt air per the owners). But get off the computer and enjoy the beautiful beach, town and people!

Room Tip: I was told only upstairs rooms have AC, rooms in office building face the ocean for better view and...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

I was traveling solo and after ending up in a dump on my first night I found "Flamboyant" the next morning. The place is just great, really great. It is right on the beach, has a safe, secure, palm tree speckled court yard & pool area. The pool in always clean and proprly cared for. All the rooms have an ocean view and you can hear the waves crashing on the shore when you sleep. My room was clean, mold free, insect free, comfortable and safe. And the price was good, $60.00 a night in the off season. The A/C was a little weak and the TV was small, but that didn't bother me, I was out most of the time anyway!! Plus, it's right in the middle of the town. Anything worth getting to is walkable.

Go to the "Long Board" for lunch, dinner and or drinks. Jenny, the owner, is just great!!!

Room Tip: In the off season or even mid season don't book a place online. Just show up and you will get a...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Katy,TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2009

A friend w/a disability asked me to join him for a week in Jaco. He goes for 2 months at a time. I did and had a great time! This is my fourth trip to Jaco and even though there are now condos and chain hotels sprouting up like mushrooms, I still love it here. The Apartotel Flamboyant is an excellent deal for the money. We had an upstairs room w/AC. Sitting on the veranda on the left side of the room we overlooked the pool which is meticulously kept up. There's lots of chairs for lounging around and a bbq pit guests can use. If you looked out the right side of the room it was like a postcard. Curling waves, surfers surfing and palm trees blowing in the wind. You exit the hotel through a gate and you are right on the beach. Something I really liked was that the lifegaurd station is right there behind the hotel. It is staffed by two lifegaurds daily until 5pm. The beach isn't bad at all and the water is calm enough for people like me afraid of water. There are strong currents at times (low tide) but as long as you don't venture far out you'll be fine. Yes, the walk to the main street at night is a bit disconcerting but there's another hotel (cheaper and less nice) inbetween Flamboyant and the street w/a male receptionist always there working until 9/10pm. Say hello, it's reassuring and he's a nice guy. So if you're on foot, as we were, it's not a problem walking down the dark street to main street. BTW, our room was $60 p/nt. For a nice, clean room steps away from the beach w/AC I think it's a bargain! Last of all, If you want to be picked up at the airport and driven to Jaco which is an hour and a half ride through a twisting, turning drive w/gorgeous scenery and you want a really good guide to take you to various places nearby like the rainforest, etc; call Turbo. He can be reached on his cell 24 hrs a day at (--). There's a new hwy being built that will cut the drive time to 45 minutes but it isn't completed yet. Fare from and to the airport is around $100+tip USD which is reasonable considering the time and distance. Also, if you want surfing lessons, Gilbert Brown the 2009 Costa Rican national champion gives them (no tel # at this time but trying to get it). You can see him in action on You-tube. He, Turbo and the Flamboyant are the epitome of what's great about Costa Rica. Oh and the restaurant right where you come to the main street is great. Caught that day Mahi-Mahi w/veggies for $8 plus tip. The Taco-Bar has great ceviche for $3 w/free coffee or tea. Avoid the beach at night. There are problems. But overall this is my favorite destination anywhere. I recommend Continental airlines to get there.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2009

Great if you're on a budget.Clean & comfortable. Pool & grounds are already being cared for. Beach is not the prettiest in Costa Rica, sand is darker & a bit stoney in places, but you can learn to surf and you can walk right out your door and you're on the beach which is nice. Jaco is a neat little town, great restaurants.If your room has a kitchenette You can walk to the market & buy groceries to save more money. You can hear the ocean from all the rooms. :) You have all the amenities close by, a bit of shopping, any excursions you want to take. I highly recommend it if you're not looking for super fancy.
CJ

• Liked — Clean, convenient, inexpensive, have your own kitchen. Pool is nice & walk out to beach.
  • Disliked — a few tiny ants but you just spray, and the beach is prettier other places.But I'm going back, so I obviously like it! :)
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Apartotel Flamboyant? Share your experiences!