I stayed at this hotel for three nights with my wife and our 18-months-old daughter.
At the same time, there were other families with small children and all of us had a wonderful time.
Getting into details:
1. The hotel is quite old and it is noticeable in its arquitecture and the structures seem to need some paint and a little care, but despite these minor details, the rooms have everything you need: comfortable beds, nice shower, a little refrigerator, nice quiet A/C and a superb balcony facing the ocean.
2. The hotel location is marvelous, right by the beach, but far enough from Jaco downtown to avoid all the noise and the partying that goes around the town almost every night. The beach is nice and it was a nice surprise for me as a costarican who hasn't been to Jacó for more than 20 years to find out it is still clean and full of life (crabs, clams, small fishes by the shore, etc.)
3. The restaurant is very nice, the food is excellent and the service couldn't be better.
4. The pool is very clean and safe for children, with enough space for kids to play around without disturbing other people not related to them.
5. The staff deserves a whole review all to themselves: every single person which we had to talk, even for the smallest thing, were helpful, with a smile in their faces and a great attitude; even the owner, a very nice gringo called Phillip: visiting every table at dinner to say hi and check on customers' satisfaction.
Overall, a great place to stay, which could be a little renovated.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Club del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Del Mar
- Resort Del Mar
- Hotel Club Del Mar Costa Rica/Jaco