“Best home away from home experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Club del Mar

You added Hotel Club del Mar to your Saves list
Hotel Club del Mar
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   Jaco Beach | 300 meters south of El Arroyo Service Station, Jaco, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #9 of 43 Hotels in Jaco
San Diego
“Best home away from home experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I just recently returned from a very relaxing week long vacation in Costa Rica. In addition to the fact that Costa Rica is an amazing place, my trip was even more wonderful due to my stay at Hotel Club del Mar. The service at the hotel was absolutely top notch. From the employees at the front desk to the maids to the grounds keepers, everyone was friendly and ready to help when needed. The rooms are spacious and impeccably clean. I had a view of the pool from my room which was only overshadowed by my beautiful view of the ocean. Clean rooms and ocean views aside, the best part about Hotel Club del Mar is its owner, Philip Edwardes. He makes everyone feel welcome. This was my first time in Costa Rica and I was traveling alone. I saw and/or talked to Philip every day of my stay at the hotel. As I was doing work in my “office”, I witnessed him treat every guest with kindness and gratitude. He treated all of the guests like they mattered so one was never really alone in the hotel. Beyond the certain level of awareness one should always have when traveling, I did not worry about anything. If you travel to Jaco or Playa Hermosa and you want that home away from home experience, I highly suggest that you stay at Hotel Club del Mar.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Polish first
San Jose, Costa Rica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Very nice and comfortable place since it is the last on the beach of Jaco, nice pool and the great surrounding areas
I recommend it as a family place or for couples that wanna be away but not too much from down town Jaco

• Stayed November 2012
Dallas, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Idyllic location at the south end of Jaco beach. Beautifully kept grounds, great staff, awesome pool, amazing beach. However - it's close to the highway, and there's a fair amount of road noise, especially the big trucks and their engine brakes, all night long. And the beds are rock-hard (we asked for an extra comforter to sleep on). Also, it's not close to downtown Jaco - a cab ride is required, tho it's only $4. Another nit - the wifi isn't overly strong - we had to lean over the balcony to get it sometimes. But in a nutshell - I'd go back there in a heartbeat :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Black Mountain, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

Ten of us were there for a bachelor party. We had a great time, the owner of the hotel was very friendly, as was the staff and they were very accommodating. We went out fishing and had a fantastic time brought the catch back and they cooked it up 3 ways, all expertly prepared. The desk people were always there to help out calling cabs, arraigning an ATV trip which was supper,recommending places to go,shop, and see. Several of us had massages at the on site Spa which was excellent. We even had one person in our party who had some issues with too much alcohol and the staff dealt with him in a firm and appropriate manner without ruining the trip for the other nine. I would highly recommend this excellent well maintained, clean hotel with excellent accommodations.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

We throughly enjoyed our 5 nights at Club del Mar. The property is gorgeous right on the beach with a pool in the middle. It offers everything you need- quality food, tours, and great surfing right on the beach. It is a short taxi ride- $4 to the main part of Jaco but secluded enough to relax and catch some sun. We had the 2 bedroom condo which had a great amount of room, kitchen, washer & drier, 2 bath rooms and air cons in each room. It was the perfect place to relax with our little 5 month old son. We would definitely go back!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
London U.K.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Sometimes we like to get away for the weekend and just concentrate on relaxing. Or as my wife calls it.. a sort of second honeymoon! It was ideal from the very efficient receptionist who is only a few steps from the bar so that I could have a drink before checking into our room which was super clean and very nicely furnished.

A quick shower to freshen up after the drive and then a late lunch from the extensive menu.. My choice was simple: a fish with french fries and side salad. It was very good and came on a hot plate which was a nice touch.So many places serve hot food on ice cold plates..duh!!

That night they had a book signing plus music which was enjoyed by all. A light evening meal with some nice red wine and we were ready for bed.

Breakfast the next morning was excellent.........and very reasonably priced. Then for some time by the central pool and then a stroll on the beach. A great place to unwind

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
White Plains, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Everything was fantastic: the staff, the food, the pool, the room, the bar, the spa, the massage, the surfing and the many excursions they can hook up for you. But I like to ride bikes and was looking for something more challenging that was not advertised. So I asked...and the within 24 hours they had hooked me up with a surf camp that rented me a bike and a great guide (Marswell). He and a friend took me for an incredible ride. It was hard, with a lot of climbing, but exactly what I was looking for. 3 hours in the rain forest, with views that only the locals get to enjoy. So if you go and like to bike, don't forget to ask.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Club del Mar? Share your experiences!