“few activities” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 43 Hotels in Jaco
Puerto Viejo de Sarapiqui, Costa Rica
“few activities”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

the hotel is ok, but no many activities to do, difficulties at lunch, was very slow, we lost 35 minutes waiting, and the food was cold, The play area has insufficient space, bartenders and staff are very good, they always immediately attended and facilitated our requirements. We are group of 75 people, and this review is just my opinion and not that of all

Room Tip: room facing the sea
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We stayed for a few days for surfing and other activities in the area. The rooms were large and although showing their age there was plenty of space. Bathrooms were good as were the showers (we had a double). My main complaint is the kitchen area. We stay in timeshares because we like to make breakfast from local fruits, bread and cheese. The "kitchen" had no work space. I could not cut fruit and have any dish for placement in this miniscule area. If a property is a timeshare, it must have some prep space! As I recall only a toaster and coffeepot, no other cooking equipment. Probably a microwave in the unit. The pool was very nice and the beach was likewise. Location was good although at the very end of the main drag. The night deskperson was very helpful also.

Room Tip: Rooms face either the garden or the beach.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

While in costa rica, we stayed at 4 hotels and this was by far the worst. The outside is quite nice, good pool, nice outdoor restaurant, and direct beach access. The problem with this hotel is the rooms, which is the most important part. The rooms are tiny, lack any sort of comfort, and smell horribly. The king size bed was a queen and a twin with was odd, but the smell is what made us leave after one night. In the bathroom, you could see the mold in the grout. This is not because it's on the beach. We stayed at a different hotel, and it was great. Do not stay here.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
La Fortuna de San Carlos, Costa Rica
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Stayed in Jaco for one night at the best western. The hotel is old...but, you can tell they try to keep it as pristine as possible. Asked for a king sized bed, but received a twin and a queen (weird), toilet would not stop running, though it would flush the contents, beds were as hard as rocks, but doable. The beach is nothing great. Would I come back? Probably not.

Room Tip: Ask for ONE bed in the room.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I bought an all inclusive package and was very happy with the quality of food and beverages that were available. The breakfast was especially delicous!

My room was very clean, with a flat screen TV. I had a balcony with a great view of the pacific ocean.

The wireless internet was very fast and I had no trouble connecting. The staff was friendly and mostly all spoke English very well.

The hotel has it's own private beach and a swimming pool.

Everything in Jaco Beach is located on the same main strip as this hotel, so it is a very short walk to all the bars and restaurants. Great location!

I will definitely return to this hotel whenever I am in Jaco again.

Room Tip: Ask for an Ocean view in the south building.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

I think it has good value for the price. Just 85 dollars for a room for 2 and a baby of one year old with a good breakfast included. The hotel is in front of the beach and it has two pools, one for children and one for adults. You can walk and you can find a lot of restaurants and local commerce. I would enjoy more if the room had a small fridge, although the ice machines were very helpful. The "Gallo pinto" was more greasy than necessary.

• Stayed August 2012
San José, San Jose, Costa Rica
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I recently stayed at the Jaco Beach Best Western. I immediatley booked a room for week along with the meal package. I quickly learned that I had made a mistake. The food was terrible and the selection was poor. I then ended up deciding to change my travel arrangements and after I had a administrator ok staying three nights instead of five I left the hotel to find much better accomadations. I checked out and was assured that two nights would be put back on my credit card. It is almost a month later and still no money on the card. I've spoken to multiple representatives of the hotel and have made no head way on my dilema. I've been confronted with poor customer service and staff that are less than willing to help me with a clear mistake. I've gotten the impression that no one wants to help resolve this affair and I've been treated like I was trying to take advantage of the hotel and had been told over and over that the the money was put back on the card. I've visited my bank several times and there is no history of any attempt or even returned funding. This hotel is horrible. It is is a disgrace to other establishments in Costa Rica and even the area. I will never stay at this hotel again and will continue to hound their offices until my money is returned,

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN Jaco Beach All Inclusive Resort? Share your experiences!