“Nice, comfortable stay with a little local flavor.” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
25% off room rate
Ranked #25 of 42 hotels in Jaco
New York City, New York
“Nice, comfortable stay with a little local flavor.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

I have stayed here 3 time now and each time it was a good value for the money. This hotel is clean and has AC and internet in all of the rooms. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. The hotel grounds are nice and right on the beach with lots of activities for the whole family. The free breakfast in the morning is great and has a mix of recognizable dishes as well as some local Costa Rican favorites. It is worth mentioning that there is no fridge in the rooms and the double bed rooms had one twin bed and one queen size bed which I thought was interesting.
Jaco is know for its night life and prostitutes who frequent many of the area hotels, all except the Best Western which does not allow it on their grounds. I highly recommend this hotel for couples and family's.

Room Tip: Only three floors but if you can; try to stay on the 3rd floor with an ocean or partial ocean view.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

274 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Escazu
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

My experience at that hotel was awful, the rooms are VERY OLD. I went there twice because everybody needs a second chance but that place DON'T. The first time I went with my husband, we told the receptionist 2 nights and they locked us out of our bedroom the first day after we came back from the beach and we had to ask the maid for help, then we went to the front desk and they over charge us for the ''extra time we stayed'' we didn't. The second time I went there I did it with a cousin everything was going good till the time we went to bed at midnight, we lift the covers they all were cover with cockroaches and some kind of insects and my cousin didn't notice and she lay down and got bitten every where, there were hundreds of them. I had to get up at 1:00am to have them change our bedroom we went to a different one, but still I had to check the beds again.... I found a couple of them but I kill them and the TV SUCKS!!! That hotel is so OUTDATED!!!

Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

Jaco beach is closest beach from San Jose , local bus about $4.00 us, taxi ride $100.00 is ok if you have 4 people to spilt it with. There is a bus right out of Airport, not sure how often so have to ask. Taxi ride to San Jose maybe $30 us , Ride from San Jose to Jaco beach 3 hours , buses do not have A/C but for $4.00 we''ll take it. Great thing last stop for bus is at the Best Western.
1st time Best Western we were impressed not a 5 star place but clean place , rooms small but clean , Free Bfast was great so saved us $, Food in Costa Rica expensive to eat at Resturants.
Good tip they have happy hours all over and specials after 3-4pm to about 6-7 pm.Best Western is toward end of town -10 min walk. pool nice, bar and bar food very good .Hotel right on beach and nice. Hotel staff at counter could be a little more friendly, smile and say thankyou we pay your wages. we stayed there early march 2012. we would stay there again.
Jaco is know for ladies of the night but there are in the bars after 9-10 pm, we did not see much
in town a few here and there, not not bothering anyone. San Jose very crowded would only stay one night if you have to, hard to find a place to eat.not sure why there are no resturants??
Jaco lots of places to eat in town. If you time it right Bus str8 to airport about 3 hours $4.00 us tight in front of best western. good luck. Chicagoans love Costa Rica we exchanged dollars at airport - rates were to high next time just pay with dollars everyone takes them easy as 1 us = 2 Costa Rican dollar. Best Western was cheaper to exchange if needed

Room Tip: rooms on main floor near the pool were great, 2 computors with free internet were great near lobby...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Carbondale
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

We stayed at the Best Western by chance. We had some trouble driving in teh mountains, and decided to go back to the beach. Shortly before we got to Jaco, we got a flat in the rental. Fortunately, there was a flat tile area, where a house used to be and pulled onto that area. I asked a young man, who was with a young woman, if he could assist us. We are in our 60's, which he did. I do not know what we would have done, if it had gone flat between the small mountain between the area we were at and Jaco. Anyway, after the mountain winding roads and the flat, we pulled into Jaco saw the Best Western,which was also recommended by Lonely Planet. It was a wonderful 3 night stay, especially since we had to wait for the rental agency to bring a new spare. The room was large and a/c was wonderful. The staff was really great in helping us with the rental car and letting us know when they arrived. They truly went out of their way. Pool could be a little deeper, but at least it was refreshing. It made the end of our stay carefree, 2 for 1 happy hour was also great. I would recommend it for the large rooms, great ac and staff.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

I stayed here with my two kids who are elementary school age. We had an enjoyable stay! The beach was quiet, though a few small rocks so little ones should wear swim shoes and stay close as this is surf area and it has waves. This beach has almost no sellers on it so we were not bothered and there were very few people, it was enjoyable. The pool was warm and big enough to handle groups but we saw hardly any people except on Saturday night. The breakfast was included and was just fine, eggs, pancakes, ceral, fruit and the like-just fine for us. The hotel was kept tidy and the front gate attendant was very careful who was let in. I felt secure enought here. I did get a bit of noise from some loud talking neighbors but I am sure my kids were loud at times too so the walls aren't super thick. We had an enjoyable stay and I recommend if you get a discount rate with breakfast for several night stay. We only ran into one snotty girl working here and we just avoided her. Otherwise they were mostly helpful guys and we didn't have an issue.

Room Tip: We were booked for a slightly larger room, they offered a "standard room with a view" inst...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

I travelled to Costa Rica with a school group and we stayed at this resort for 3 days. After only 3 days, the entire group was ready to hit our next location. The hotel itself was nice, and was kept clean and tidy. The pools were also well kept. The food was good, as were the bars. Overall, the hotel was worth the price. It was the beach we were disappointed in. The beach certainly wasn't one we were raving about, as it really wasn't anything special. In my personal opinion, I would not travel to Costa Rica for the beach, but rather the adventure. If you want a beach, you may want to investigate other areas. I will say that Jaco Beach is a great location for those travelling to party, with little time enjoying the beach and hotel. There was plenty of shops and bars within minutes from the hotel, so that can be considered a plus, depending on what you're looking for. Overall, it's great for a night or two, but after that I'd suggest checking into your next destination.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

The hotel itself was nice and clean and had a great location. The people running the hotel are wretched. The first night, there was no water in our room. No one so much as offered us bottled water for brushing teeth. The second morning the power went out - no AC, no water, no lights. Again no one helped us, and they laughed at us behind our backs in Spanish when i asked about a refund, because they didn't expect gringas to speak Spanish, I'm sure.

Overall, I'd never stay here again. And I'd never recommend it to anyone else.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Been to BEST WESTERN Jaco Beach All Inclusive Resort? Share your experiences!