“Wedding at the Zephyr Palace, Villa Caletas” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Caletas

You added Villa Caletas to your Saves list
Villa Caletas
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 km after Punta Leona | Herradura, Jaco 12358-1000, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #5 of 43 Hotels in Jaco
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Puntarenas, Costa Rica
“Wedding at the Zephyr Palace, Villa Caletas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have known this hotel for many years, and it is always a treat to go up to the Amphitheater bar and restaurant for the spectacular sunset.
2 weekends ago I got married at the Zephyr Palace ( part of the same hotel) and it was spectacular. It was an amazing day with and without rain and with views like that you cannot go wrong.
Everything ran smoothly and the hotel staff obviously very experienced with this type of wedding, made sure that everyone was taken care of. My guests commented on the efficiency and amiability of the staff and I honestly didn't have to do a thing during the evening.
I thank the management for all the help and support throughout the whole event.
Thanks from Lucasta and Colin Miller

• Stayed August 2015, traveled with family
Manager_Caletas, General Manager at Villa Caletas, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Friends, thank you so much for your wonderful review !! All our staff is happy to know that everything went in a perfect way on such an important day of your life. We wish you both the best in life !! manager@villacaletas.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I am not sure about all of the negativity. We were there for 5 nights and our experience was near perfect. The staff was great. No one ever failed to understand English when I pointed out a couple of small issues. The room as unbelievable. Our private pool was cleaned everyday, even thought it didn't really need it.

Saw a few spiders. No mosquito bites. Bugs were just not an issue.

The place is expensive, but well worth it.

• Stayed August 2015, traveled with family
Dear Friends, thank you so much for your warms words !! We all are so thrilled to know that you enjoyed your stay and the service your received. We are looking forward to your visit to Costa Rica and the hotel. manager@villacaletas.com
Indian Harbour Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Great way to view a sunset during dry season. It is ideal to have a 4 wheel drive (or hired car) during the rainy season. Spectacular, romantic place with a lot of interesting history. Just over an hour from SJO and a perfect place for couples!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_Caletas, General Manager at Villa Caletas, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear friends, thank you so much for your very nice words. As you mentioned, paradise is just one hour away from San Jose !! have a great day. manager@villacaletas.com
Gilbert, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed in a Deluxe Superior Suite in the building that has on 8 rooms. Each room has it;s own jacuzzi adn ther is a pool for just these 8 rooms. No bar service but the entire 9 days there was only a day or two where there were other people so it was like a private pool.

Sitting on the private balcony drinking coffee in the mornings we saw red and bluse McCaws, Toucans, and many other birds flying in the valley and landing in the trees right next to the pool. Awesome view ofaco bay and thevally!

The room was huge, the staff were great.

Room Tip: The Superior sutes are great. Lots of steps and walking,
  • Stayed July 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear friends, thank you very much for your great review ! Your tittle says it all. All our dedicated staff strive to give their best each and every day so our guests feel this way. We are looking forward to your next visit to beautiful Costa Rica and the hotel. Best regards, manager@villacaletas.com
Des Moines, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My husband and I come to Costa Rica again to attend the wedding of a dear friend. It was my husband's 3rd trip, my 2nd. (But our first time at Villa Celetas) We stayed in a villa, room 30. I suppose that the proximity to the Amphitheatre Bar would have bothered some, but we thought it was perfect. Our room was private with an amazing deck/patio that overlooked a tropical greenery covered slope down to the water. It faced west and the sunsets (even during the monsoon season) were absolutely stunning.

We had arrived very early in the morning after a harrowing journey from the Pacific Northwest. We were very graciously greeted with an icy cold towel and fruited iced tea at check-in. We were told that room admittance was normally 2pm, which we knew, but we had asked to see if early admittance was possible. We were told that they would try to get us in early, hopefully by 12noon, and we went to get a bite to eat at the beautiful Amphitheatre restaurant/bar. We were just finishing up breakfast at 10am, when the staff person from reception stopped by to tell us our room was ready and our luggage was waiting for us in the room! This was just the beginning of our lovely experience here.

Yes, there are bugs, birds, monkeys, and all manner of lizards, mammals and other creatures. The grounds are an incredible tropical paradise and the driving philosophy of the property is green sustainability. If you are afraid of ants, spiders and the like- I suggest you travel to a different country. Costa Rica is not for you. I am a gardener and photographer and found the grounds to be an exquisite example of tropical gardening with an ingenious use of water reclamation systems. The views from pretty much everywhere on the property are amazing! The infinity pool was immaculate, the spa services were great, we loved all of the food we had there, (which was mostly the more ethnic choices- we didn't come to Costa Rica to eat a hamburger, after all...) The drinks were good and strong, and every staff member we encountered was friendly and helpful. A special "shout-out" to Frank and Carlos. Frank kept his sweet professionalism after what seemed to be an incredibly long series of double shifts, and Carlos down at the beach was very cool, and mixes a great margarita!

Our friends were married at the Zephyr Palace adjacent/connected to Villa Caletas. It was quite stormy that day so I didn't get to see the view from the infinity pool there, (behind the altar) but the facility was beautiful. There were many familiar faces amongst the staff and, as with the hotel, the food and service was terrific! Towards the end of the evening, there were a few guests that were -um- a bit drunk, and the staff were very helpful in making sure everyone was safe and made it home ok. The newlyweds were staying in the honeymoon suite and we were able to see that area as well. The room is very nice, with a truly spectacular balcony. Our only criticism of the entire venue was that the private infinity pool there needed to be vacuumed.

The beach is definitely not good for swimming, it is rocky and wild, but beautiful. There is a path that goes down, but it is for the very fit and hardy. The shuttle is a 4-wheel drive truck that you can ride in the cab of; or in the bed which is outfitted with padded benches and a cover. The first time down was a very slow careful ride, the rest of the rides were faster and bumpier- I think the driver figured out that we like that kind of thing. The area down at the beach was nice in my opinion, but I can see that if you are someone who like things to be glamorous and polished you wouldn't like it. The cabanas were comfortable, there was a hot tub/Jacuzzi and showers, a small patch of sand and, at low tide, a rocky natural shelf to explore with tidepools galore.

One last thing I would like to mention, they have a program where you can pay a nominal fee and plant a tree on the property. There were a few tree choices; coconut, avocado and another choice I don't remember. They will plant it for you, or dig a hole and let you plant it yourself. They will put a plaque next to it and care for it for you. They also promise to send pictures of it to you so that you can see it grow over time. The fee is donated to local school programs, ect. Today is the 1 year anniversary of my father's passing and I am a gardener, so I jumped at the opportunity to do this. It was a lovely, respectful experience that I am so grateful for.

To sum up, my husband and I had a great experience all around at Villa Caletas. I have read some of the negative reviews and have to say- respect begets respect. I'm sure there are times when there are issues, it happens. In our case, we were treated very, very well- and we will be back!

Green Features: I found the sustainability practices to be excellent!
  • Stayed August 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear friends, thank you so much for your warms words. We are so glad to know that you enjoyed all what the hotel has to offer. Your review make us feel great as your words just describe so well what we strive for. We are looking forward to your stay with us. Have a wonderful day !! Pura vida. manager@villacaletas.com
Aurora, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I had my wedding here, it was very last minute due to my dads health. I called the hotel and they had 3 days to plan everything for my big day. I worked with a lady over the phone planning, food, drinks, music, time, room stays, everything! Her name is Mariana, she was wonderful, very polite and understanding. Normally they plan 6 months ahead of time but she planned everything in 3 days! I use to cater wedding events at a well known golf course and with the time they had to pull everything off it was spectacular!

I showed up to the hotel, my rooms were ready and they were gorgeous!!!! We had a huge room between my husband and I. We also had a hot tub on our balcony!
I stayed at Caletas for 4 nights, everyone at the resort was very polite and did their best to make sure your stay was flawless.

My wedding was amazing! Mariana helped me with everything, she was there on my wedding day and we even asked her to join in the wedding pictures because she did such an amazing job! The food for the wedding was spectacular. My wedding party complimented the staff on food, and service.

The view is like nothing i have ever seen before, the pool is amazing, the people are fantastic. I have been to Costa Rica several times now and I would go back and stay here 100 percent!

This hotel has amazing customer service skills, which sometimes in foreign countries it is hard to find..

Room Tip: I stayed in junior suite, private hot tub was nice! Sister stayed in villa still beautiful
Green Features: The shower contained amazing smelling soaps that were environmentally safe.
  • Stayed August 2015, traveled with family
Dear Friend, thank you so much for very nice review !!. We all are thrilled to know that you enjoyed not only your stay with us but also this one in life time moment that you had at the Hotel.
All our staff thanks you for your praises and we hope that you will visit us in a near future, may be for your first anniversary !! We wish you both the very best in life !! Pura vida. manager@villacaletas.com
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Had a wonderful time at Villa Caletas. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Meals were great we looked forward to breakfast everyday. Our room with our own plunge pool and great view was fantastic. Yes it is expensive to stay here as is the food but worth the price for what we experienced. It ensures a better vacation. The view at breakfast & dinner was unlike any we had before. The days of relaxing at the beach were so calming. No pressure, no worrying about work just a wonderful day. Would definitely recommend.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Dear Friends, thank you very much for your warm words. We so happy to know that you loved your private pool and were able to unwind while staying with us. We strive to give the best of us each and every day so our guests can just relax !! We hope you will visit us again soon. Best regards. manager@villacaletas.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jaco
Jaco Laguna Resort & Beach Club
4.5 of 5 stars 326 reviews
Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort
Copacabana Hotel & Suites
BEST WESTERN Jaco Beach All Inclusive Resort

Been to Villa Caletas? Share your experiences!