“R&R” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Caletas

You added Villa Caletas to your Saves list
Villa Caletas
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 km after Punta Leona | Herradura, Jaco 12358-1000, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #4 of 44 Hotels in Jaco
“R&R”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

So my stay at this hotel was the 2nd phase of my trip to Costa Rica "the relaxing and reflecting stage" and I was able to do just that. The views are nothing like I've in a long time, the environment serene, and just an overall calm feeling in this place. I went for an 80 min deep tissue massage from a gentleman named Hugo and I must say it was one of the best massages I have ever had. The overall service is great, there is a gym, and a beach (which I hiked down to on the trail ask the front desk), I also went back up much harder :), the Infiniti pool is awesome, sunsets are amazing , but that's about it in this place and those are the PRO's.

The cons: there is only one restaurant you can order from and it comes out pretty pricey every time you order and if your looking for anything else to do on the premises there's not much happening.

Stayed February 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
DeLand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This is a gorgeous hotel perched on top of a hill with a million dollar view of the ocean and mountains. An infinity pool that takes your breath away. We were upgraded to a villa with a hit tub on the veranda. A shuttle tasks you to the private beach complete with hammocks and lounge chairs. A wonderful place to relax and be pampered

• Stayed October 2014
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This hotel was fantastic. The best is the infinity swimmingpool with views to the ocean (we stayed there 3 days and it was always quite empty which made it even better). It's great to see the sunset from the amphitheatre or the small balcony in between the spa and the pool.
The private beach is not amazing but it's nice to visit it and there's a free shuttle service that takes you there.
The villas are very nice and also with great views.
You can have some cocktails and food by the swimmingpool, the service is great although a little bit slow. The people are very friendly.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Asheville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My boyfriend and I stayed here for one night on our way to Manuel Antonio and wished that we could have stayed several more days. The whole place was wonderful the room was gorgeous with a perfect view and we loved the beach area.

We had dinner at the restaurant the night we arrived as it's maybe a 10 minute drive into Jaco to eat somewhere else. The food was average but again the view was spectacular. BE SURE TO CHECK EVERY ITEM ON YOUR BILL BEFORE YOU SIGN IT! When my boyfriend signed the check the night we had dinner he failed to notice the bottle of wine they charged us for that we didn't actually have so our $60 dinner turned out to be $140! The bill is in Centavos so it's harder to discern what the final charge is until you go to check out. When I questioned the bottle of wine the lady at the front desk whipped out the bill and basically said..well you signed it....I don't think this is the first time that this has happened. When I questioned her about it she went over the four items we actually had for dinner and didn't even mention the Malbec that had been tacked onto the bottom. Her only response was you signed the bill.

Of course we had to pay it because what recourse did we have. I just hate that this happened to totally sour this place for me as it was totally magical in every other way.

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I can't stop day dreaming about my recent stay Villa Caletas. This hotel is absolute perfection. The Chateau Marmont in Hollywood used to be my favorite hotel, but now Villa Caletas is. It's stunning. Located on a cliff just north of Jaco, the property has a beautiful infinity pool that will afford you the best sunset views you may ever see.

The pool-side bartender was excellent. My fresh-squeezed margarita was a real treat after the artificial, bright green ones I had received elsewhere in CR. The staff is extraordinary. They are warm and professional and cheerfully attend to requests you may have. The bell boy who briefly assisted with our luggage during check-in greeted me by name the following morning.

The grounds are beautifully landscaped and feel like a tropical paradise. On our visit, Scarlet Macaws flew over head and geckos darted around my delighted son's feet. We even saw a tarantula outside! (A grounds keeper quickly removed it.) This hotel feels exclusive and luxurious without feeling snobby or stuffy. It is elegantly designed in a French/Spanish style and has candle-lit lanterns in the rooms and at the doors.

You will feel pampered and relaxed at Villa Caletas.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Great place, enjoyed the place very much.
Highly recommended, private beach, good service.
The food is not great, but the view is spectacular.

the rooms are good, the infinity pool is very nice, and the fact that it is pretty isolated just added to the fun

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This hotel is less than 90 minutes from San Jose and less than 20 minutes from Jaco and less than 15 minutes from the beach and less than 15 minutes from a rain forest. And that's just the location.

The hotel itself is luxurious on the top of a mountain overlooking the countryside, rainforest and ocean. The rooms are very nice, the service is great, the good is great, the pool is great, etc.

Very peaceful and relaxing. Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: For couples looking to spend a little extra, please stay in one of the new Superior Junior Suites...