“Great experience, amazing place.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Caletas

You added Villa Caletas to your Saves list
Villa Caletas
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 km after Punta Leona | Herradura, Jaco 12358-1000, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #4 of 43 Hotels in Jaco
New York City, New York
“Great experience, amazing place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

My rico friends had suggested not to choose an hotel in the town of Jaco. They were right! Too crowded and nothing original. If you need something our of the ordinary, Villa Caletas is the place. Great view, nice and clean room, good service, good food, bar vita view and an amphitheatre to see the sunset with a drink and nice music. Do not miss this place!

Room Tip: The room behind the kitchen was just right for me.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Manager_Caletas, General Manager at Villa Caletas, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Dear Friends, thank you so much for your warm review. We are happy to know that you had such a great time with us. We look forward for your next visit to Costa Rica.. Pura Vida. manager@villacaletas.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
Framingham, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for two nights. It’s a beautiful hotel and the service was very good. The views from the rooms are great and you can just stay and watch the toucans fly around.
I ordered a Manhattan at the pool side bar and I had to send it back because it had a funny taste to it. We only had dinner and breakfast at the restaurant. The breakfast was very good, had many options since I usually like to eat the local foods when I travel. How else can you experience the whole culture if you eat the same foods you eat at home. For dinner they did not offer typical food (local food), nothing that had any flavor, I thought it was a stuffy menu. If you go to a Costa Rican restaurant in the US I would get a better variety.
Other than that we had a great stay. The front staff was very helpful.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Friends, thank you very much for your review. We paid attention to your comments and we hope that your next Manhattan by the pool will be perfect. Thank you again. Best regards. manager@villacaletas.com
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

This place is wonderful. Great views from almost everywhere. My husband and I stayed here for three nights and it was the most relaxing place we have stayed in a long time. We upgraded to one of the best rooms they had and it was well worth it. The room was a villa on its own with an infinitely pool on the balcony. Talk about romantic. The only slight negative of the place is the limited places to eat. Otherwise it would be close to perfect.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear friends, thank you very much for your very nice review. We hope you will visit us again soon. Best regards manager@villacaletas.com
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I got married at Villa Caletas on January 18, 2014, at the Zephyr Palace. This place is breathtaking. Zephyr Palace is off to the side of the property and provided one of the most amazing wedding locations I have ever seen. The hotel can be stingy on the pricing and you need to check your bill carefully, but in terms of location and beauty it is second to none.

We rented Master 16 Suite at Villa Caletas, which must be the best unit in the hotel. It is not easily accessible if you do not like going up and down many stairs. But we rather enjoyed the exercise and would do it every day of our lives to live in that unit. It was such a treat to wake up to this view everyday. It was like living in a dream. The sunsets from anywhere on this property are gorgeous.

The unit has an infinity pool, jacuzzi room, living room, and large outdoor patio. There are windows looking out into the ocean in every room. Absolutely gorgeous. I was brushing my teeth in the jacuzzi room one day and saw a few toucans in the trees. A few days later, we saw at least 6 toucans before sunset flying around from tree to tree. I also saw scarlet macaws flying in the distance. We were visited by a coatimundi, after having accidentally left some food outside. We were also visited a few days in a row around mid-morning by a large iguana, who was as curious about us as we were about him. We did not, however, see any monkeys. But we saw a lot of those in Manuel Antonio.

The rooms were nicely kept and clean. We had an ant issue in the bathroom, but not a big enough deal for us to complain about. The housekeepers missed a day of cleaning our room, so we had to call.

We had read some mixed reviews on the food, but we found the food to be really good at the teatro near the amphitheater. I'm pretty picky when it comes to food but their Caletas breakfast, lobster salad, and guanabana smoothies were delicious. The food was very good and even better for the wedding (especially the surf and turf). We were all pleasantly surprised.

This place is all about the view. Other than the villas, restaurant, common pool, and a small spa, which just has rooms for treatment, there is not much else to do at this hotel. It is a very large property, but did not feel as large since there were not a ton of common areas. If you are looking for a more resort-type place, we highly recommend the Marriott Los Suenos, which is a gigantic property. We had our welcome reception there.

Villa Caletas is a special place, and not just because we got married there. How it is only #5 on hotels for Jaco is beyond me. The first 3 hotels do not look anywhere nearly as nice.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Manager_Caletas, General Manager at Villa Caletas, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear Friends, thank you so much for your very nice review. As you were able to experience, wedding are always magical moments in Villa Caletas and Zephyr Palace. We work very hard to deliver to our guests the perfect setting, ambiance as well as memories that will last for ever. We look forward to see you back with us soon !!. Best regards. manager@villacaletas.com
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

I was here for about three hours with a group of friends. We stopped here for a few drinks and the sunset. The place is flat out impressive. There is about a two mile driveway straight up a mountain. Once your into the place you immediately realize your in a special place. The food, chicken wings and fish and chips was better than average. The drinks were drinks. The view was one of the best I've exsperienced. If you have the oportunity to watch the sunset here don't pass on it.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Friends, thank you very for your warm review. Paradise´s gates are wide open and waiting for your next visit. !!.. Pura Vida. manager@villacaletas.com
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

I booked a couple nights for a buddies wedding that was hosted next door Zephyr Place. Everything about this hotel felt right. The Views are spectacular. The Service Amazing! I needed a Cigar Cutter at 10:00 PM and sure enough called the front desk and they sent Giovanni to my room just to cut my cigar. Now that's service! I ended up staying an extra night cause just cause my girlfriend didn't want to leave. It's the type of place you would go if you want to propose, get married, or stay on your hunnymoon. AMAZING spot! And I've traveled a lot. Very memorable!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear friends, Thank you so much for your nice comments !! We love to know that you had such a great time with us. We like to believe that our bells boys are world champions in service and kindness !! You prove us right. We hope you will visit us again soon. Have a great day. Best regards. manager@villacaletas.com
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

My husband and I have traveled a great deal and have been to some beautiful places, but the views, sunsets and surroundings at the Villa Caletas are second to none. We awoke on Saturday morning to a pink sunset shining into our master bedroom. The only thing that surpassed the hotel and the rainforest were the people who work there. They are always pleasant, helpful, and accommodating. It is one of the few times that I can say that it was truly worth the money.

Room Tip: Chose a room with a view of the Pacific Ocean.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Friends, thank you very much for your warm review. Having being myself in Capri and Amalfi, i am very happy and proud to ear such comments. We work very hard to give the best service we can and we are very thankful for your words over our staff. We are looking forward to see you back in the Italian part of Costa Rica !!.: ).. Pura Vida. Best regards. manager@villacaletas.com

Been to Villa Caletas? Share your experiences!