“Beautiful location, top notch service.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Caletas

You added Villa Caletas to your Saves list
Villa Caletas
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 km after Punta Leona | Herradura, Jaco 12358-1000, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #5 of 43 Hotels in Jaco
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Houston, Texas
“Beautiful location, top notch service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

I stayed in a Junior Superior Suite with my spouse and 2 daughters. Plenty of space in a well appointed room, private hot tub, shared pool with 7 other suites. Staff is the best, always courteous and timely with their services. Restaurants, infinity pool, gym, and spa are all of the highest quality. Would go back again and again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Manager_Caletas, General Manager at Villa Caletas, responded to this review, April 2, 2011
Hello Dear Friends, thank you for your comments over our Junior Suite Superior !! we strive to offer the best service and rooms we can, your review make us beleive we are in the good way.
We hope to see you and your family back soon at the Hotel.
manager@villacaletas.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
Soldotna, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011

After staying in a very unpleasant place the night before, we found Hotel Villa Caletas by mistake. And what a wonderful mistake! We traveled Costa Rica for a month and stayed in some very nice places and a few not so nice. Hotel Villa Caletas is one of the nicest hotels my husband and I have ever stayed in. The views and hotel are amazing. We love that the hotel is built into a mountain side and you feel like you are hanging over the ocean. When we return to Costa Rica we will once again visit this very special place. The hotel staff are very friendly and professional.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Hello Dear friends, what better could we asked for that being part of your best memories from your trip to Costa Rica. We love our hotel and our country and the best thing that can happend is when people like you go back home with part of this love in their luggage.
We hope to see you back soon at the hotel.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2011

If you are looking for a quiet, adult retreat to disapear from the world and be pampered this is it. I just returned from seven days at this wonderful destination with a new view of life. The entire staff made my girlfriend and I feel as if we were the two most important people on the planet. We will be returning sometime this year to visit our new found family!!!

• Stayed March 2011
Hello dear friends !! Thank you very much for your kind comments, it makes us feel great when we can go further than giving a great service and make our guests feel like we are family !!
Your new found Costarican family will be waiting for you.
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2011

A week before going down to Costa Rica the forecast was rain for the entirety of our trip. I even tried to cancel, and book some place else. I'm extremely grateful I wasn't able to cancel. We went, ready for rain. The weather reports were wrong. And we enjoyed one of the best, most relaxing vacations ever. Staff was excellent. Grounds, a tropical paradise. Spent most mornings at the infinity pool, so serene, before going off on day trip excursions. Didn't at all mind the many stone steps on the way to our room -- wonderfully secluded in a garden of tropical fauna. Sunsets at the amphitheater were spectacular, as advertised. Overall, highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Manager_Caletas, General Manager at Villa Caletas, responded to this review, March 10, 2011
Hello friends,

Thanks you very much for taking the time to tell us about your experience.

That is what Villa Caletas is all about, relaxed vacations, excellent service and quality, superb lush tropical gardens and incredible views from the infinity pool overlooking the Pacific Ocean.
Needless to say, sunsets from the Greek style amphitheater are spectacular and something that one should see at least once in a lifetime.

Thank you very much for your feedback, hope to see you soon again!!

Your friends from Villa Caletas,

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2011

This was my first trip to Costa Rica so I was not sure what to expect. My wife and I came here for our 10 year anniversary and found it to be very delightful. We have traveled quite a bit in Mexico and the Carribean but wanted to try something different. We found out about this hotel from my sister who is a travel agent.
When we arrived at the hotel there were two check points to make sure no one just showed up to the property who should not be there, so we always felt very safe. Even though we heard rumors that the nearby town of Jaco may have some crime, this location was secluded and far enough away from there, we never even saw it.
Our room was a Jr. Suite Superior and very roomy with a huge private balcony. The staff was excellent and very accomodating in every way. There was a seperate pool for just our building but the attendant at the main pool was like having your own private butler. He made you feel like he had nothing to do all day except just to take care of you. We found the same thing at the private beach. All of the staff was very service oriented. They did special things for our annivarsary, like a card with flowers on our table next to the infinity pool so we could watch the sun set. And a cake with Feliz Anniversario written on it to celebrate our 10th annaversary. I had a little problem with my travel arrangements and the conceirge spent 20 or 30 min. placing phone calls and booking taxi service and airline tickets for me.
We had a couples massage that was very relaxing and wonderful. I forgot to ask how much it cost before the massage and was expecting to get hit with an outragous bill, but was pleasantly supprised when it was only $120.
The only drawback to this property was how hilly and steep everything is. I did not realize how mountainous Costa Rica is and it makes all the roads and trails very steep. Be prepared for lots of climbing up stairs. Although there was one very slow elevator. They also have a golf cart that will take you anywhere on the property you want to go.
If you want to get away from the crowds and be somewhere peaceful and secluded with excellent service, this is the place.

Dear friends,

Greetings from Villa Caletas!!
We are very grateful for having stop by Trip Advisor to let us and people know about your trip to Villa Caletas, Costa Rica.

It feels very nice when we find out that we are doing things right, it motivates us even more to keep doing a good job. We will make sure to share this comment with all our employees so that they are aware and feel proud of doing a such good job while working at this wonderful place. This is the "gasoline" that we need to "fuel our engines" every day.
We know this is a hilly country, and the hotel is on top of a hill, overlooking the Blue Pacific ocean, and there is a reward once you get to the top: the wondeful view, the exercise is a plus.

Thank you and hope to see you come back soon!

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2011

After a few somewhat disappointing places of accommodation this one was the bomb.
We stayed here on our last night in Costa Rica and from the security on arrival to every other member of staff they had what I had begun to think was a bit of a rarity in Costa Rica, a genuine smile. How lovely to be met by a smiling face.
The place itself is lovely yes there are some steps but this can help losing some of the excess weight picked up over the holiday.
The hotel is situated quite a way out of Jaco which, after a quick visit I would say is somewhat of a blessing.
Get yourself a car visit the Carara park and it doesn't get much better.
Plus the price, pretty damn good.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Manager_Caletas, General Manager at Villa Caletas, responded to this review, February 23, 2011
Dear friends,

How motivating is to start your day reading your nice review!!

We thank you very much for stopping by in Trip Advisor to let everyone know about your experience in Villa Caletas. We all work very hard everyday and have a very nice group of people doing their best to make your stay memorable.
We are all very proud to work for such a good company in such a nice place, so expect to find in everyones´s faces genuine smiles, as we really mean it!!
God bless you!!

Johns Creek, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2011

In December 2010, I contacted the wedding coordinator at Villa Caletas regarding having our wedding there in November 2011. We exchanged multiple emails. Once we decided we wanted to have our wedding there I re-confirmed that the date we had selected was available, the amphitheater was available, and that there were plenty of rooms available for that weekend. She confirmed the date, location, and rooms were available. I informed her we would be down the weekend of February 10-13 to finalize our wedding plans, booked an appointment with her for that Saturday, and sent her our confirmation number for our reservation so she knew we would be staying at the hotel. On that Saturday, we met with her. She gave us a tour of the possible wedding locations then proceeded to tell us they had booked our date/wedding location for someone else. When I asked when she booked it for someone else and why she didn't tell us before we arrived, she refused to answer my questions. I feel like we were scammed into a visit at that hotel since we obviously would not have stayed there if we had known they could not accommodate our wedding as previously stated.

I contacted the hotel directly expressing my disappointment that we were misled and I've received no response. I would not recommend this hotel as their honesty and integrity seem to be lacking.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Manager_Caletas, General Manager at Villa Caletas, responded to this review, February 18, 2011
Good evening !!

This is the Hotel Manager writing this response to your comment .

I am really surprised and sad that you have posted a comment without even trying to talk to me.
I really don’t feel good about not having any opportunity to seat, talk and try to solve this situation with you. One of my duties as a Hotel Manager is to solve the possible problems. I would have been very happy to talk to you and your fiancé and find a solution together with our wedding planner, like we do every time we have special cases. We would like you to give us the opportunity to prove that we are not lacking honesty nor integrity and get in touch with us to settle this situation.

manager@villacaletas.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jaco
Jaco Laguna Resort & Beach Club
4.5 of 5 stars 322 reviews
Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort
Copacabana Hotel & Suites
Aparthotel Vista Pacifico

Been to Villa Caletas? Share your experiences!