“Excellent Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 43 Hotels in Jaco
Harrisonburg, Virginia, United States
“Excellent Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

I had a great time visiting Hotel and Club Punta Leona. There room was very clean and comfortable. I particularly enjoyed the open air dining at Carabelas restaurant. The food was very good and quite healthy too! A very beautiful beach blue flag beach, playa blanca, is a short walk away from the rooms but there is also a shuttle. It was a great place to play in the waves. There was a very interesting rock shore on part of of the hill between that beach and the next. There were alot of crabs and sea life to be seen.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Bernarda L, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel & Club Punta Leona, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Dear Guest, thank you for your excellent review. We appreciate the time you took to write about your visit with us and we are glad that you had a great time. It is a pleasure to hear that you were content with the room, the food and the beauty that surround us. Hotel & Club Punta Leona is an excellent place to relax and to enjoy the beauty of nature and we hope your will visit us again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Harrisonburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

If you want a relaxing time with options for activities- Punta Leona is the one. It is close (1 hour drive) to San Jose- the capital and to Jaco. It is probably the closest beach to the capital.

Visited by Costa Ricans and people from around the world. It is family oriented. Very clean rooms and linens. Workers are extremely friendly. And the manger is very much customer oriented and friendly. They have three restaurants around the resort. Food is amazing in its quality and variations. I plan to stay there again on my next trip to this paradise.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest, thank you very much for taking the time to write this kind review about Hotel & Club Punta Leona. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the kind words about our friendly team, clean rooms, food selection and quality. As you mentioned in your review, we have a good location close to San Jose and to many important attractions. We will love to serve you again in the near future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

The basis of my trip was for a study abroad and so by the end of my trip, totaling 3 weeks, I knew the place almost as if it was my home. The two beaches (yes two beaches) located on the resort were amazing. You can go snorkeling, fishing with their fisherman (we caught a 25 pound King Mackerel that was cooked for us later that night to eat at dinner), kayaking, put putting, and going to the pool. All of these things are at the hotel itself. It makes you feel like you are in a small town where everything you want to do is provided. The cleaning service was also just as great. Whenever we came back from either a long day of working or at the beach the room would be cleaned and any clothes that you needed to be washed were given to you by the end of the day. They cleaned clothes better than my mom and when I came back one day they had even washed off the sand from my sandals. For meals, we ate every meal at the resort and it was always excellent. The monkeys would often come and visit for breakfast and lunch. In the end I have nothing bad to say. If you were on the fence of staying here or not I hope this review convinced you, because Punta Leona is the best experience I have ever gotten at a hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest, thank you very much for this excellent, five star review! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you felt home away from home. We truly appreciate the compliments about our cleaning services, about our food and our team. We love your description of the beauty of the place itself. We cannot thank you enough for recommending our hotel to fellow travelers. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Holland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

I stayed here for a wedding and my room was booked for me by the wedding party. It is a lovely property with two great beaches and several swimming pools throughout the resort. Our room was in the Selvamar area and was beyond small although very clean and well kept up. We loved the included breakfast, the monkeys basically dine with you and my kids were really excited about that. I was able to see one of the larger apartments while we were there. The extra space is really a must, but I would have liked a little more decoration to them. They were very white and plain. Overall this is an excellent place to experience Costa Rica. It is not an overly touristy area and gave a more authentic representation of the Country and it's People. If you stay here, keep in mind you are not coming to get an awesome room, you are coming to enjoy the resort and surrounding area.

Room Tip: If you need space, do not stay in the Selvamar rooms!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Bernarda L, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel & Club Punta Leona, responded to this review, August 10, 2014
Dear guest, we appreciate your comments and we are pleased that you enjoyed the hotel and the lush nature that surrounds us. Hotel Punta Leona is an ideal place for any type of event and we have beautiful locations especially the esplanade overlooking Playa Blanca. As you mention our standard rooms are simple but very clean and we also offer other types of accommodations to suit the different tastes of our customers. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I can't say enough about this amazing place! The room was clean, the staff super friendly! My son enjoyed the butterfly and bird walks. The pool for kids was great (he spend most of the time there). The breakfast was delicious with a lot of fruit to choose from and monkeys everywhere! The only con is how far this place is from everything else. With that said it wouldn't stop me from staying here again.

Stayed July 2014
Dear guest, we appreciate your excellent feedback and we are glad to know that you and your family enjoyed all the amenities offered by our Hotel. We are located near the Carara National Park, the town of Jaco and also the Tarcoles river. But there is also a travel agency within the hotel that organized one day tours to other tourist areas such as the Manuel Antonio National Park, The Arenal volcano and other popular areas. We hope you visit us again.
Plano, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

I've been to Costa Rica 15 times now and this is my favorite beach that is easily accessible from San Jose. I'm not a fan of Jaco Beaches at all because of the black sand but this one is not as far as Jaco and was wonderful. I loved that the pools were so close to the beach. We've stayed several places where this was not the case, especially in Manual Antonio. The grounds are beautiful and everything is very easily accessible. The pools and the beach area both have seating and tables which makes it nice for travelers who can't bring their own chairs along! Breakfast was one of our highlights - lots of monkeys playing in the trees and we were able to take great pictures close up. We stayed in a superior room, which was nothing fancy but it was clean and comfortable. I will say this - don't expect to have much in the way of wi-fi in your room. It was up and down the whole time. In the wi-fi zones it was fine though.
The beach was very nice - we even found some shells and coral. Lots of huge iguanas, macaws flying overhead and other wildlife to see. I'll save myself the drive to Manual Antonio in the future and go here again. ***Be sure to stop at the bridge in Tarcoles and look at the huge crocs.

Room Tip: They are building 2 new buildings with rooms that will be closer to the beach that look very nice. W...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Bernarda L, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel & Club Punta Leona, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Dear guest, we appreciate your preference and we are pleased that you visit us so often. Your comments flatter and encourage us to improve every day. As you mention Punta Leona is full of nature and is an ideal place to relax and enjoy our beautiful white sand beach. I hope you will continue visiting us and make sure to mention being a frequent customer when you make your next reservation.
Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We only spent 2 days here but what a fantastic 2 days it was! Rooms are comfortable and cool!! Clean and roomy. The grounds are beautiful with plants and flowers all over. We took a guided bird walk and sure more birds than I ever thought I would. We rented a golf cart to get around cause it was pretty hot! Food was wonderful and plenty of choices. Monkeys all around were a real treat! Up early in the morning to enjoy all the birds waking up. Visited the bar area and the beach---the most beautiful sunsets around!

Room Tip: I think all rooms are equal....
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Bernarda L, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel & Club Punta Leona, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear Guest, we appreciate your wonderful comments and we are very please to know that you had a Fantastic time with us. Punta Leona is a unique place where you can find plenty of things to do specially for nature lovers!!/ We hope you will visit us again.

Been to Hotel & Club Punta Leona? Share your experiences!