“Drinks were good, Food was Ok, Service was horrible!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Surf Dogs

Surf Dogs
Frente Mandarina y Budget Renta Car o 200M Norte Pops Pasto Diaz - Jaco Beach | In front of Mandarina and Budget Rental Car or 200M North of Pops on the main Road in Jaco Ave Pastor Diaz. Jaco Beach, Jaco, Costa Rica
506 2643-3230
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #24 of 93 restaurants in Jaco
Cuisines: American, Bar, Grill, Chicken Wings
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: We are located 20M off of the road in front of Budget Rental Car. We have inside and outside dinning. Check out our Surf Board Dinner Tables.
Clifton Park, New York
“Drinks were good, Food was Ok, Service was horrible!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

While we enjoyed the theme and the live music at this bar, we had such horrible service, I doubt we'll ever go back.

The drinks came fairly quickly and were good, but I'm pretty sure the waitress forgot our food order. We had to remind her a few times and then by the time it came out, she had still totally forgotten one person's order. By the time that person received her order...everyone else had finished their food.

The people who ordered burgers, said they were ok. The fries got good ratings. And the fish tacos were good, but had way too much mayo on them.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
SurfDogsCR, Gerente at Surf Dogs, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
I truly appologize for your bad service, we take pride in being very personal with our clients and always try to provide great customer service. I remember your group and I appologize once again for your long wait, we had a full house and a busy kitchen that night. Currently we are making modifications to the kitchen in order to provide faster service. Thank you for taking your time and writting a review please do come back and ask for me personaly.

Jeffrey Horton

88% Recommend
Brick, New Jersey
“make sure u no the money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

went here my first trip to jaco didnt no the money my first night i handed the girl double and she didnt give me any change i realized the next day when i learned the money doubles 10 mil colones 20 bucks so i will not be returing to this place ever again old story goes catch more flies with sugar than salt i hate to write bad reviews but it is what it is it was only 10 dollars but its the principal if i would of kept getting drinks she would have took me for whatever she could enjoy the 10

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Stevensville, Michigan
“"killer coconut mojitos"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Best place for dollar shots and least expensive cocktails in Jaco,nice outdoor seating area.Seemed popular with the late night crowd

Visited February 2013
New London, Connecticut
“great drinks- food hit or miss”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

The server was very friendly and took good care of us. Very cold beer and frozen drinks. we got calamari and it was over cooked and tough. The fish and yuca frites were better. I did really like the ceviche. I would definitely be back for the drinks and the ceviche. Maybe off day for kitchen.

Visited February 2013
SurfDogsCR, Owner at Surf Dogs, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
I want to apologize for the Calamari that was not up to your standards. The Calamari is a relatively new item, about a month on the menu, but this is the first negative response. Did you mention to the bartender or manager that you did not like your Calamari? Our policy when someone does not like the food is either to replace it or at least not charge for the food. Glad you liked everything else. Look forward to hearing from you. Regards, Norman Warren Owner Surf Dogs
Red Deer
“Cool Drinks, Chill atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

This place is great to cool off from the Costa Rican heat. They have misters when you walk into the place and lots of different drinks to pick from. No drinks disappointed, and the appetizers that we had were really good. I will be going back for another margarita, Pina Colada or Dacari soon.