“Nice surprise” 4 of 5 stars
Review of El Jardin

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jaco
Prices are for rooms, adults
El Jardin
Save Saved
You added El Jardin to your Saves list
calle el jardin | de Banco de Costa Rica 300M Norte y 200Mn Oeste, Jaco, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #11 of 19 Jaco B&B and Inns
Calgary, Alberta
“Nice surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I drove up in the dark, exhausted, having no idea what I was getting myself into with this hotel but not willing to stay on the “strip” at Jaco. The sign advertised good prices and it provides secured parking. The rate was a bit higher than I usually pay but it was late and the room looked decent so I took it.

This hotel turned out to be a nice surprise. Although there is no restaurant attached (Jaco seems to have hundreds), this is the absolute best bed I have slept on in four months and the best hot shower I have had in two. The room was spotlessly clean and nicely decorated. It was good value for the money.

Turns out, when I woke up and saw it in daylight, it was a nice place! There is a quiet beachfront steps outside the door and a nice pool. The staff was very polite and the grounds were very pretty. I’d say this would be a great place for people staying in Jaco that want to be a step away from the massive “scene” going on a few blocks away.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Business
Rome, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

It was very good, fun and better than most budget hotels. Only drawback was very, very thin ceilings, i could hear every step the people above me took. Other than that it was a pleasant stay and the pool was excellent. It was a very short walk to the beach as well. Also it was safe and we had no problems concerning outside guests. all in all , a good choice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Cocles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We often visit El Jardin. Sometimes we take our three children there and they love to spend time in the pool. We also can take them right around the corner for a long walk on the beach. Other times just my wife and I go for a little break, stay there spend time at the pool, go to a local restuarant for dinner, local music and dancing, then back to the hotel.
This is an economical place to stay right on the beach. The people that run the hotel are very hospitable and pleasant. They know us by name now. It is clean and quite.
We strongly reccomend this hotel for shrt or long stays.

Jerry and Maricel

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Redding, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I have stayed at the El Jardin hotel for up to two weeks at a time The hotel is clean and small with personal service. It is 50 meters to the beach and 100 meters to the World famous Calitas bar and restaurant, with street lights. Large clean pool and tropical birds in the trees on the grounds.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

very nice hotel and the maids are very friendly I stayed with my kids and feel safe ,when I stay there was very quiet I will stay again ,gracias por su atención y el desayuno es muy rico espero volver a verlos a todo el personal .

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Escazu, Costa Rica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I stayed here a weekend with my boyfriend at the beach. I was pleased to see the hotel is right on the beach! There is wi-fi, a small and clean pool and clean amenities. The staff are very nice and friendly people who want to make sure you enjoy your stay! The only complaint I have is that it can be a little loud at night (but Jaco is known to be a party beach) and we could have used more sheets/blankets. Great place to stay if you're in town to join the beach! It's not a luxury hotel but it has what you need to be reasonably comfortable and enjoy yourself.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to El Jardin? Share your experiences!