“Posada (Mau Mar) during World Cup!” 5 of 5 stars

Posada Jaco
Calle PJ, Jaco, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #11 of 43 Hotels in Jaco
Annapolis, Maryland
“Posada (Mau Mar) during World Cup!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

I happened to be in Jaco when Costa Rica played in the World Cup and that was a fun time to be there. I watched games at the local restaurants and had a merry time watching the ticos celebrate there win. After they won a game, the streets filled up with cars and an impromtu parade broke out....

About the hotel, I stayed at the neighboring hotel, the Mau Mar. It is owned by the same people that own the Posado, Rob and Margaret. I was pleased to find the warmest and nice people there. Rob and Margaret were so nice and helped me find everything I needed in town. Rob was busy around the place keeping it shipshape, and they always had time for a brief chat. Margaret pointed out some local eateries.

I have to say some good things about the manager from The Netherlands, and I feel so stupid, but I forgot his name, and we became good buddies while I was there. He always offered to allow me to use the kitchen at the Mau Mar. He had very good insights about life in Costa Rica, as he is married to a tica. Both Rob and the manager were very knowledgeable about business and world affairs, and I enjoyed our morning talks. It was nice to have someone to converse with, since I was traveling alone, after dropping my daughter off at surf camp in Tamarindo.

Next time I am in Jaco, I am staying there so I can say hello to my new friends. My apologies for forgetting the name of the general manager, he was a really cool guy!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
robbo2804, Owner at Posada Jaco, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
It was our pleasure to have you stay with us. I to enjoyed our chats together and am so pleased you had a great time whilst staying with us. You are welcome back anytime.
Rob

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Fayetteville, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

We paid about $70 a night so we were a little worried about spending it at first, but if you have some money then it's worth it. There's a bedroom, bathroom, and kitchen/living area with a couch, cooking area, tv and a little table to eat at. Breakfast isn't included but you can make you own on the skillet or microwave! The owners are very nice and helpful and speak English rather well.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
robbo2804, Owner at Posada Jaco, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you so much for your review on our hotel. We try to make everyone's visit with us enjoyable and are really pleased you were not disappointed with your stay with us. We hope if you are ever back in Jaco to come back and visit us.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

We stayed here for over a week during our recent trip. It was truly a home away from home.

Margaret and Rob (and Mau, the friendliest yellow lab) are wonderful hosts. The apartment had everything we needed (fully equipped kitchen, clean bathroom, closet space, tv, a/c, etc.), so when we got tired of eating out all the time, it was nice to get some groceries from nearby stores and dine on fresh fruits and fish. The atmosphere is more family- and couple-oriented, which we appreciated. The place is right where the main strip begins - meaning you're not smack in the middle of the hustle and bustle, yet it's there when you want to be a part of it. It's only 1 minute walk from the beach, and the place has its own clean pool for a quick dip as well. There are several car rental places nearby if you want to take a break from the ocean and visit some national parks.

Overall, we will definitely choose Posada Jaco again!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

My partner and I stayed at Posada Jaco for 9 days in May 2014, just at the start of the wet season. It was really an ideal spot for many reasons. One: it is centrally located in the town and is a few minutes' walk to most restaurants, shops, and surfing companies. Two: it is about 2000 meters from the beach. You can see the waves from the second floor, in fact. Three: it was relatively inexpensive, clean, had everything we needed, including our own kitchen w/fridge, microwave, toaster, utensils + pots, clean bathroom, and A/C. There is even a pool to dip into to. We also used the grill a few nights for some delicious mahimahi. The owners, Rob and Margaret, are extremely helpful. They are kind and informative without being nosy or intrusive. Their dog Mau also adds to the homey-ness of the place. All around, it is very chill - not a place for partying. But perfect for access to town and beach. We will go back again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
robbo2804, Owner at Posada Jaco, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Your comments are greatly appreciated and reinforce the policies we have to make sure guests enjoy there stay with us. Look forward to seeing you in the future.
La Virgen, Costa Rica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

I stayed here on May 20th, 2014 after finding the listing on tripadvisor. I called to confirm availability and price and arrived the next day. The room was spacious with beds for 6 people and included AC, Fridge and TV. Located right in the center of Jaco and 1 minute walk to the beach. The bathroom was snug and not as clean as I hoped but for $50 it was a steal of a deal. Will visit again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
robbo2804, Owner at Posada Jaco, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for your comments on your stay with us. We try to keep all rooms as clean as possible and have taken notice of your comment regarding bathroom and will endeavor to make sure this is not a problem in the future.
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

I spent 5 days there and the room was large, clean and comfortable. I was able to walk to
everything but still was far enough away from all of the noise and crowds. Perfect location.
So close to the beach that I could easily go for a swim/playtime when I first woke up and at the end of the day.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

We arrived in Jaco and were made to feel like part of the family from the instant we landed with Margaret and Robert and moe. This is a true family hotel the position is great and Robert and Margaret are always there to help with tours and any other advice.

• Stayed February 2014

Been to Posada Jaco? Share your experiences!