“As good as it gets...” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 43 Hotels in Jaco
Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey
“As good as it gets...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Right in the center of Jaco... beach is right around the corner. How is it priced so well? No idea.

My friend and I stayed for 10 nights and felt at home the entire time. The place was clean when we arrived and cleaning service did a wonderful job as well.

Rob and Margaret were simply amazing hosts. You can tell that they enjoy meeting their guests and spending time getting to know them. They go out of their way to make sure everything you need is handled.

I feel as if when going on vacation, you have to reasonably expect some things to go wrong or unexpected, but not here. Whenever I return to Jaco, I am going right back to Posada... wouldn't even risk trying a different place.

Thanks guys.. I had an amazing time and already wish I could come back!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Dunedin, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

My wife and I really enjoyed our stay @ Posada Jaco, mostly because we felt very welcome there. Our hosts were extremely friendly and helpful and we enjoyed several discussions with them about not only our visit to CR, but also about their business and travel experiences. They were helpful with providing directions, some info on local customs, typical foods, and even some of the things everybody should think about when staying in a foreign country.
The location next to the beach was great and we took advantage of walks on the beach several times a day! We also enjoyed the idea that we could walk in different directions and see most of the beach shopping and restaurant spots without going very far.
Would definitely look at staying here again in the future.
JoeC

Room Tip: Enjoyed the suite rather than just a hotel room - felt very spacious and provided some additional co...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Bayonet Point, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

My brother and I were roaming all over Costa Rica, and Jaco was to be one of our stops. Within moments of arriving at Posada Jaco, we had changed our minds about roaming, and changed our plans to stay with Rob, Margaret, and our buddy Moe, the owners of the place and their extra-friendly dog, for the remainder of the trip. It was a decision we would not regret. The room rates are more than reasonable. The rooms (more like efficiency apartments) were clean and well-appointed, as were the lush tropical grounds and the pool. The owners were extraordinarily friendly-I think they are living their dream...why wouldn't they be-and offered many suggestions for local attractions, as well as full- and half-day trips. Staying at Posada Jaco made our last week in Costa Rica an all-around wonderful time!

Room Tip: Room number 1 is the absolute best!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Western Pa.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

The hotel was centrally located in Jaco. Just a short walk o the beach. My wife and I spent just one night there. The owners were very friendly and spent some time speaking with us. The hotel presents good value for its location. It is equipped with a kitchen but as we only stayed overnight it wasn't used.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Boca Raton, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I would go back to Jaco just to stay at the posada Jaco. It was such an amazing experience from beginning to end. The warm welcomes and safety of the place made me feel at home. The rooms were extremely clean and had everything we needed for our trip. We had a large group of 20 and they accommodated us and made our experience incredible. Rob and Marg are just the best people and Moe is the best companion. Would recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a week. We had only planned on staying for 2 nights but we had such a wonderful time we extended our stay. Rob and Marg are perfect hosts and recommended several day tours (Manual Antonio, zip lining and a great fishing trip). The hotel is situated 40 metres from the beach which can be seen from the balcony of our first floor room. The rooms are in fact a small apartment with full kitchen facilities and a separate TV room. The pool is large and always sparkling clean. The grounds are beautiful and many tropical flowers were in bloom when we were there. The hotel is very clean and has recently been painted. The hotel is great value for money and were we also able to save by cooking on the barbeque

Room Tip: First floor rooms have views of the beach and sunset
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
San Jose, Costa Rica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I travel to Jaco quite often, taking clients to the beach community. A couple had hired me for the day and I was on call for 24 hours. I always try to stay close by when I am on call. So, I was looking for a place moderately priced for my stay in Jaco. I have noticed the Posada making cosmetic improvements in the past so I decided to go by and check them out. I met with Robert the owner. Very nice guy who had bought the hotel a year before. He showed me a couple of rooms and we toured the facility. What the heck, I'll stay for a night. The room was large and pleasant. New paint and clean. The A/C blew cold, which is important for Jaco, due to it's heat and humidity. You can tell Robert is putting money back into his hotel with the improvements he's making. Only downside is the older T.V. with no remote but It was not a problem, as I only watch a few channels anyway. 2 nice pools, one bigger than the other that I didn't use because of the lightning storm. Big bodega for relaxing to use, if you need to. Grounds were well manicured with plenty of flowers. Easy access to the beach, restaurants and bars. I really like this place and Robert is certainly a great host. When I say I surely will be back, it's not lie. I have already booked it for 2 nights in July for a family visit this time. If you are looking for a place to stay that is easy on the pocketbook, check out the Posada. A great value in Jaco.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Posada Jaco? Share your experiences!