“Great location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 44 Hotels in Jaco
Western Pa.
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

The hotel was centrally located in Jaco. Just a short walk o the beach. My wife and I spent just one night there. The owners were very friendly and spent some time speaking with us. The hotel presents good value for its location. It is equipped with a kitchen but as we only stayed overnight it wasn't used.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Boca Raton, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I would go back to Jaco just to stay at the posada Jaco. It was such an amazing experience from beginning to end. The warm welcomes and safety of the place made me feel at home. The rooms were extremely clean and had everything we needed for our trip. We had a large group of 20 and they accommodated us and made our experience incredible. Rob and Marg are just the best people and Moe is the best companion. Would recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a week. We had only planned on staying for 2 nights but we had such a wonderful time we extended our stay. Rob and Marg are perfect hosts and recommended several day tours (Manual Antonio, zip lining and a great fishing trip). The hotel is situated 40 metres from the beach which can be seen from the balcony of our first floor room. The rooms are in fact a small apartment with full kitchen facilities and a separate TV room. The pool is large and always sparkling clean. The grounds are beautiful and many tropical flowers were in bloom when we were there. The hotel is very clean and has recently been painted. The hotel is great value for money and were we also able to save by cooking on the barbeque

Room Tip: First floor rooms have views of the beach and sunset
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
San Rafael De Heredia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I travel to Jaco quite often, taking clients to the beach community. A couple had hired me for the day and I was on call for 24 hours. I always try to stay close by when I am on call. So, I was looking for a place moderately priced for my stay in Jaco. I have noticed the Posada making cosmetic improvements in the past so I decided to go by and check them out. I met with Robert the owner. Very nice guy who had bought the hotel a year before. He showed me a couple of rooms and we toured the facility. What the heck, I'll stay for a night. The room was large and pleasant. New paint and clean. The A/C blew cold, which is important for Jaco, due to it's heat and humidity. You can tell Robert is putting money back into his hotel with the improvements he's making. Only downside is the older T.V. with no remote but It was not a problem, as I only watch a few channels anyway. 2 nice pools, one bigger than the other that I didn't use because of the lightning storm. Big bodega for relaxing to use, if you need to. Grounds were well manicured with plenty of flowers. Easy access to the beach, restaurants and bars. I really like this place and Robert is certainly a great host. When I say I surely will be back, it's not lie. I have already booked it for 2 nights in July for a family visit this time. If you are looking for a place to stay that is easy on the pocketbook, check out the Posada. A great value in Jaco.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Titusville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed here in Feb for 3 nights on our first trip to CR. It was an easy drive from the San Jose airport. The hotel was easy to find. It is an easy walk to the beach. The hotel felt very secure. The rooms were nice and clean and as described. The owners were very friendly and accommodating. It was easy walking to restaurants. There is a bar on the corner that was playing very loud music on Friday night that we could hear from our room. We didn't hear it the other nights. It did quiet down by midnight though. We stayed in 2 rooms while here. We made the mistake of leaving our a/c on all day as we do here in the States and it had froze up and didn't work when we returned for the evening. We waited and relaxed out in the courtyard for about 30 min but it still didn't work. Rob very kindly moved us to another room with working a/c and we turned the a/c off while not in the room for the duration of the trip. Overall at great stay. The owner's are very friendly as was the other gentleman working there (can't remember his name). We ran into him down the street looking for a place to eat. He recognized us and gave a suggestion.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Westfield, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We purchased one of Posada Jaco's packages. Our arrival was delayed by 10 hours, but our transport was there waiting for us. Rudy (our driver) accomodated us and and introduced us to Costa Rica on our 90 minute drive from San Jose to Jaco. Marg was there to great us and help us find some food before bed. In the morning, we talked with Rob and Marg and planned our stay. We were within walking distance to beach, restaurants, spas, and shops. Most other attractions were a very short drive. Accomodations were as pictured and the owners were able to supply items we needed to borrow (coozies, cooler, umbrellas, etc). Rob, Marg, and Moe (our walking buddy most mornings) helped us feel extremely comfortable away from home. The Wifi let us 'Facetime' with our family in the states. We left Jaco excited to bring our kids to meet our new friends at Posada Jaco.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Margaret S, Owner at Posada Jaco, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for your kind review. It was our pleasure to have you stay with us. I hope your children do not get to jealous of everything you did and maybe we may see you down here with them in the future. PS Moe does miss his morning walks with you.
Rob and Marg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

The hotel was well situated, close to shops, bars and the beach. The rooms were spacious and clean, with full kitchen facilities. Laundry was available for a fee which was returned very quickly. The owners were friendly and extremely helpful. The pool was a great size. I highly recommend this hotel for a chilled and hassle-free holiday.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Margaret S, Owner at Posada Jaco, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
So good of you to write about us. I hope the rest of your trip goes well with no more health problems and you arrive home safe and sound. If we ever get to London we will definitely call in for some of the best Fish and Chips in England.
Rob and Marg

Been to Posada Jaco? Share your experiences!