“Best accommodation in Jaco!” 5 of 5 stars

and 1 more site!
Posada Jaco
Calle PJ, Jaco, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #10 of 42 Hotels in Jaco
“Best accommodation in Jaco!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Myself and three others had the absolute pleasure of staying here. I would highly recommend this place.
Fantastic location, only one minute walk to beach and town.
Impeccably clean apartment with every thing in working order.
beautiful outdoor area with crystal clear pool and great social /bbq area
AMAZING hosts,Rob and Marg who were so helpful and friendly,not to mention their beautiful lab Mo.
Very affordable.
ignore any negative reviews,this place made our holiday in Jaco

• Stayed April 2013
Posada_Jaco, Owner at Posada Jaco, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your holiday to write your review. We are happy that you decided to stay with us and very grateful for you review

Rob and Marg (and Moe)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Washington, DC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

My husband and I chose to stay at Posada Jaco based on the TA reviews. We have never been let down but I must say this is the first time. PJ is at best a hostel...a place where you pack in lots of surfers for a cheap price. If that's your deal...then PJs is a perfect hotel. But for my hisband and I who want nothing more than a nice bed and clean room this is not the place. We are not picky either but like some of the other reviews...a fresh paint coat on the walls to cover up the foot prints and major scuff marks will go a long way. Oh...and maybe wiping down the walls so that the large cobwebs are not visible. We understand the occasional sugar ants but major cobwebs in a room is not what I would call clean.

Luckily we had to leave a day early to catch a flight back home before a snowstorm hit. We forfeited our money but that was the price to pay to leave PJ.

What a shame. The owners are very nice. It wont take much to fix these issues but they MUST be fixed. While the location is good, dirty rooms are unacceptable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
robbo2804, Owner at Posada Jaco, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
I am sorry you were not happy with your stay with us.
Your two main areas of concern were scuff marks on the wall and spider webs.
In regard to the scuff marks we paint the rooms every three months and it is part of having a hotel that you will get scuff marks on the walls which does not change the fact that the rooms are clean.
In regard to spider webs we get pest control spraying done every three months and check for cob webs every time the rooms are cleaned.
We feel comparing us to a hostel is a bit harsh as hostels do not offer one bedroom apartments with full kitchens, Air conditioning, private bathrooms, cable TV, hot water, free wifi, great outside entertainment area with pool and so much more.
We endeavor to make every stay with us as enjoyable as possible and you are the first clients to leave unhappy as is proven by all previous reviews done.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

My son and I made the trip to Costa Rica to enjoy the sun and fun. I stayed in San Jose last year by the American Embassy in a nice little bed and breakfast. It was very nice and clean and I took a trip to the waterfall. This was my plan on my second trip but my plans changed quickly. I met a nice gentleman at the airport and he told me about Jaco and the Posada motel. Rudy, the guy we met, gave us a good deal to Jaco in his car. The trip was only an hour and a half through the beautiful country side. I am so glad our plans changed! Margaret and Robert were the most gracious hosts!!! The motel was very clean and comfortable. We also loved the pool. Perfect location! We all know that location is everything right? Right on the edge of town and within walking distance of everything. Great restaurants and most important to me was that the beach was practically in their backyard! The most amazing sunset i have ever seen! Plenty of things to do nearby, hiking, fishing, zip lining thru the jungle, etc etc. Robert and Margaret will set you up with anything you wish to do and have plenty of information to steer you in the right direction. Don't forget to say hello to their cool dog Moe. He is so gentle and will greet you every morning and in the evening at the end of your day. We went zip lining and it was truly amazing. I will recommend this motel to everyone and will be returning in August or September for the whitewater rafting!!! Rick US Airways Machinist

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Posada_Jaco, Manager at Posada Jaco, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thanks Rick for your great review. We also enjoy the sunset over the beach in Jaco. We look forward to your return and will organize a special room and and a level 5 white water rafting experience for you.

Rob and Marg
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Pasada Jaco, was a wonderful and friendly environment hostel. I'm so glad I got to stay their during my time in Costa Rica. The staff was kind and personable, the rooms were clean and fully equipped with kitchenette supplies, the AC was ICE COLD, and the gardens and pool were so lovely. The beachfront is only a two minute walk from this lovely home-like hotel, and you can even see its view from the top balcony. Marg (the owner and manager) was sooOO sweet. She lent me and a friend her hair dryer every morning.
I really do hope I can visit Pasada again soon!

robbo2804, Owner at Posada Jaco, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
It was great having you stay with us. Thank you so much for your kind comments. Moe said to say hello and we look forward to your next visit with us.
Regards Rob
Lugoff, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Marg and Rob were such pleasant hosts (along with their cute dog, a lab named Moe)! Me and 10 others were there for our 10 day stay in Jaco, Costa Rica while helping with some local missionaries and this couple was SUCH a blessing to us! They were sweet, sincere, and very accommodating. My school will be using this place in the future for the Jaco trip and for good reason.

Columbia, South Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Pasado Jaco was a really nice place to stay for the 8 days me and my group were in Jaco. It was walking distance to everything that we needed, such as grocery stores, restaurants, various shops, church, etc. It was also pretty comfortable, even though we were squeezing five girls into three beds (a single, a queen, and a futon), the fridge, AC and plumbing were great. The hoteliers were accommodating, friendly, and knew a lot the area. They were quick to supply what we needed when we asked (toiletries and such), they enjoyed our occasional popping into their office for a chat, and they knew the best places to go to in town. The whole outside area is nice with it's pool, shaded bar and table, plant life, and seating. The pool area was a good place to cool off after a long day in the sun. Our team had a lot of fun outside, playing around, eating lunches, and relaxing.
In all, I'd definitely recommend this place for it's homey atmosphere. And if I visit again, I'd probably come here again!

Room Tip: I think the rooms on the second story to the right were quieter (because they were away from the sta...
San Jose, Costa Rica
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I made a reservation for me and 3 friends by hostelworl for one night in this hotel, but i decide to call anyway to make sure i have the reservation. When I call a foreign guy answer me, and i told him that i did a reservation a few minutes a go and he told me that the hotel was full, so i explain to him that i made the reservation by hostelworld, but the guy keep saying that there was no room for us. When i told the guy that what i supposed to do and that i already payed for that night he got angry and rude, and finally he said to me in a very bad way that it wasn't his problem, that he had no time for that and he hung up the phone before i could say something else.

I understand that it could be a problem of the website, but if his hotel is involved in the situation at least he could be friendlier and show more respect to his clients.

I can't recommend a hotel where the clients are treated in such a disrespectful way.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Margaret S, Owner at Posada Jaco, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
I am sorry you booked when we did not have any rooms available. We explained to you that there was no rooms available but you still tried to make a booking thru Hostel-world. As you have never been to our property I feel it is a bit unfair to make a review based on the fact you could not get a room and threatened to write this review if we did not find you a room. We try to please as many of our guests as we can but it seems your demands were beyond our control.

Been to Posada Jaco? Share your experiences!