“Hidden Gem! Best Place in Jaco!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Perico Azul

Save Saved
You added Hotel Perico Azul to your Saves list
Hotel Perico Azul
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ave Pastor Diaz(main Strip's south end) | Calle (St) Santana, Jaco 506, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #1 of 42 hotels in Jaco
Toronto, Canada
“Hidden Gem! Best Place in Jaco!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Me and my boyfriend just got back from a 7 night stay in Jaco. I don’t normally write reviews but I had to once we stayed here! We booked 3 nights with Celine because I had read such great reviews. We ended up extending our trip as soon as we arrived because this place is so amazing and you feel right at home. Not only was the hotel beautiful, clean and safe but Celine and Mike were just as welcoming. They were extremely helpful and 100% accommodating. Impeccable customer service. We borrowed bikes (for free) and took surf lessons at the camp with Mike. He is a great instructor and I highly recommend taking lessons with him when you stay! The prices were already very reasonable but both Celine and Mike did what they could to help us out (ie. Discounted surf lesson if the tide was not good and very cheap board rentals during the day).

The rooms themselves were extremely clean with fresh sheets, towels and flowers daily. The bed and pillows were comfy and the water was warm and had good pressure. The hotel had AC, tvs, and Wi-fi with a fully stocked kitchen that I wish we would have taken better advantage of. We were able to rent bikes for free and if we had any questions Celine and Mike were there to give suggestions and help us in any way. The hotel is a short 5 minute walk to the beach and a 10 min walk to town. Even though you are not right in the heart of the town the area is safe and the beach is quieter and less busy.

I would recommend this place to anyone who is staying in Jaco and I am going to stay here again in the future when I decide to come back! You are very lucky if you are able to stay with Celine and Mike in one of their 6 gorgeous rooms! Thank you very much Celine and Mike for everything and I hope to see you soon!

Room Tip: Email Celine about what you want and she will find the perfect fit for you!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

129 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

We came to Perico Azul after spending a few nights in the heart of Jaco, what a welcomed change! The hotel has access (5 minutes) to a much nicer and less crowded beach. The kitchen is fully equipped and we took full advantage as we had gone fishing and brought back 5 mahi mahi! Celine is very accommodating, helpful and friendly.

Stayed May 2013
Sherwood, AR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I always think, wow, if I were to run this hotel, I would do this or that and then it would be GREAT, because I would think of all the little things. Well, Celine already thought of them all.

I have traveled all over Costa Rica - and #1 any place with hot water and good water pressure has my vote. Then, normally in this climate, the rooms smell stale. Not these rooms! There are fresh cut, fragrant flowers in your room on arrival, and every morning there after. She has a place to put your stuff, a place to work on your laptop, a place to sit, a full length mirror, comfy beds, great pillows (not the lumpy kind that come from stale humidity) and the whole place is secure with a locked gate out front.

This is a small hotel so consider yourself lucky if you snag one of these 6 meticulous rooms.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Penang Island, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Perico Azul Hotel is a small, quiet, nice, and cozy place to stay. The room and the toilet are clean too. The pool is small but it is just nice for the amount of guests who stay in the hotel.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Celine (the owner) again. She'd probably still remember me who broke the toilet tank in the hotel room and GOSH it was really a 'nightmare'! But everything was sorted out in the end and that's very kind of her for not charging me nor asking me to bear the cost for a new toilet tank.

Thank you very much Celine! You're the best!

• Stayed June 2013
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

This is a cute small 6-room hotel two blocks from the beach and two blocks from the town center. It is located on the south end of town (the quieter end). It is a great place for a peaceful stay.

Every room is simply put together, air-conditioned, TV, internet, and spotlessly clean. Fresh flower blooms were placed each day as a nice touch. There is a small 5-foot deep pool in the nicely appointed courtyard that is perfect for cooling off. For us, after four weeks of traveling and eating out, the ability to use the kitchen here was a treat to make and prepare our own food for a change, though Jaco has lots of great restaurants.

The best thing about Hotel Perico Azul is the owners. Celine and Mike are amazing. So welcoming and so friendly. It is clear from the first moment through the last that they care 100% about each and every guest's well-being and experience. I have been traveling for 30 years, and their approach to customer service ranks among the very top of anywhere I have stayed.

By the way, Mike runs a top-flight surf instruction company called Tortuga Surf, so while you are staying here, be sure to take a lesson or two.

This is not the Hilton or Hyatt style hotel. It is better. The vibe is simple, and kind, and local. You absolutely have to stay here when you are in Jaco.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Jaco, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

The best decision I made when booking my trip to Costa Rica was finding Hotel Perico Azul. From the moment I walked in and met The Manager Celine I knew my trip was going to be amazing. She was so friendly and made me feel at home from the moment I got there. The hotel has an amazing vibe, and everything you need. The location is ideal, two blocks from the beach and just a short walk into town. Celine was so knowledgeable about every attraction and anything you needed. I asked her about a zip lining Canopy tour and I was set up that very day. She arranged for them to pick me up at the hotel and bring me back after. She made it so easy for me and the whole thing was just $40. Also you need to check out The Tortuga surf school out of this hotel. If your looking to learn to surf Tortuga had the most knowledgeable instructors and it introduced me to more amazing people. Hands down this is the best place to stay in Jaco. But without Celine's amazing presence and hospitality my trip would not have been the same. Thank you for an amazing stay, and I'm already looking for the next time I can come back. :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I stayed at Hotel Perico for 2 nights in June 2013. I was traveling alone and very nervous about staying in safe locations and I could not have felt better once I arrived. The manager Celine was a dream. She took time to explain the ins and outs of the hotel and how to get around Jaco. I was able to rent a bike for $5 a day which was AWESOME. You can walk to town and the beach but the bike made it much easier to get around. My room was right beside the pool and had a queen size bed, beautiful bathroom, TV, AC and a small kitchenette with burner, sink and refrigerator. The hotel itself is very very clean and safe with security precautions. I travelled through out Costa Rica dor 7 days and this was by far my favorite place of them all. BOOK IT!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Perico Azul? Share your experiences!