“Pad for Surfers & Backpackers” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Perico Azul

You added Hotel Perico Azul to your Saves list
Hotel Perico Azul
Ave Pastor Diaz(main Strip's south end) | Calle (St) Santana, Jaco 506, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #1 of 43 Hotels in Jaco
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Pad for Surfers & Backpackers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

My husband and I were backpacking and looking for an affordable place. We definitely got our money's worth with this place! The hotel owner, Celine is exceptional! She helped coordinate our excursions and took an interest in us and what we were doing. I saw her have similar interactions with the other guests. The days we were there all the guests were Americans. I believe we were the only couple that was not there to surf, which nobody minded. It sounded like the other guests really enjoyed the surf lessons they received from hotel staff. The rooms are sufficient with kitchens if you were to stay there a while and did not want to eat our every night. There was also an area similar to hostel with multiple bunk beds in one room connected to the hotel common area and master kitchen.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I'm an American citizen leaving in Costa Rica, so i have experienced it all when it comes to hotels in Jaco, I'm here constantly for work and I started learning how to surf with Hotel Perico Azul´s sister company Tortuga Surf School so i come and stay with them at the Perico that also works are their base camp.
This guys are running a great operation that would be the dream job for many people on the planet and its just awesome to see how they go truly out of their way to make sure your stay with them is pleasant.
Celine the manager will help you with your bus schedules, reservations for tours , airport transfer or even taxi boats to the peninsula, this girl knows her way around the hotel business, and Mike her companion its the man on charge of the water and he will be the right one to choose if you want to learn how to surf with true water man and certified professionals.
This is not your average Hotel or giant resort, this is a tiny cosy place with a huge amount of love put into every little detail with a nice home feeling to it!
I love Perico Azul and i cant wait until my next stay! Pura vida and thank you for all your help!

Jaco, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

What can I say? To start I can say thank you for everything. Celine and Michael go above and beyond the normal responsibilities of a hotel owner, that is because Perico Azul is much more than just another hotel. They are a family that treats you like you are part of the family coming to visit them at their home, expecting you to treat this beautiful hotel with the same respect you treat your own home. This family vibe keeps Perico Azul CLEAN, COMFORTABLE, RELAXING, AND SAFE. Perico Azul really enables you to find a much more wholesome side to Jaco, Celine makes sure to help direct you to the best places to eat, drink, shop, (which are all nearby) and experience any of the great activities that Jaco has to offer. Things like hiking, canopy tours, alligator shows, yoga, what ever it is your looking for Celine will do her best to put you in good hands. For example they have an in-house Surf School called Tortuga Surf which can be an unforgettable part of your Perico Azul experience. Michael is passionate teacher and makes sure you have a great time while still learning the right ways to surf. I stayed at Perico Azul for almost two weeks, the rooms were perfectly clean and cozy which was great after a long day of surfing and I am so thankful that I didn't book anywhere else. Celine and Mike made sure I had the best experience possible in every way. If a friend or family member asked me if I knew the best place to stay in Jaco, I would tell them Perico Azul and feel confident to know that they are safe and would have the time of their lives. Thanks again for everything

Room Tip: All the rooms are great.
Trento, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

My opinion about the hotel in one word, amazing...My stay was really enjoyable, I really liked the atmosphere and the kindness of the staff...Celine is a great host and everything was really nice, the hotel is good for price and position...recommended 100%!!!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

First of all I would like to say thank you. Thank you Celine and Mike for the great time at your lovely place. I planned 10 days in April at Perico Azul and leave finally after 18 days. My main issue was surfing so I really loved the relaxed atmosphere. It was more a kind of a family thing in my opinion. Celine showed me very good local places to eat and for sightseeing. Mike who is also a very good surf instructor and owner of a surf school called "Tortuga" showed me also very good spots to surf. My room was an A+. Very clean. It was tidy up by every day. I got an AC, TV, own bathroom with hot shower, a fridge and a lovely decoration with local flowers and some surf accessories. The beach is round about a 2 minute walk away with several good spots for surfing. Celine rents also a few very cool beach cruisers. If you want to go surfing in Hermosa for example, it's just a 20 minute ride by bike. If you have any dings in your surfboard Mike knows a lot of good shapers in the neigborhood which will repair your stuff fast, perfect and cheap.

Pura Vida
Basti from Ingolstadt (Germany)

• Stayed April 2013
sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Had not planned to visit Jaco but ended up having to stay for 3 nights cos I needed an emergency root canal. Celine & Michael run a beautiful little hotel. Rooms are very clean & comfortable. AC & cable tv were a nice bonus. It's 10-15 mins walk to the main strip of town, less than $2 by taxi. Celine is a lovely & extremely helpful host. Coincidentally the dentist I wanted to see is also Celine's own dentist & she called them to book an appointment for me. By the way, if you ever need to see a dentist in Jaco, Alonso Balmaceda at Crystal Dental is fantastic.

• Stayed April 2013
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I planned to stay for one or two nights and ended up staying for 5 of my 10 day trip.

My room was bright, comfortable and well equipped and the hotel was exceptionally clean throughout. I felt very safe and completely at ease for my entire stay.

Celine and Mike who run the place are great. Very accomodating, friendly, genuine and good for a laugh or two!

If you are planning a trip to Jaco there is no need to look anywhere else.

Tom (Diet Coke or Regular Coke only if its in the glass bottle)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Perico Azul? Share your experiences!