“Hotel Perico Azul” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Perico Azul

Booking.com Hostelworld.com
Hotel Perico Azul
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ave Pastor Diaz(main Strip's south end) | Calle (St) Santana, Jaco 506, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #1 of 39 hotels in Jaco
Newington, Connecticut
“Hotel Perico Azul”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Great hotel on the south side of Jaco. Very clean and comfy. AC, hot water, cable tv, secure, full kitchen, coffee every morning, board rentals available. Walking distance from the beach, where they provide free chairs and umbrellas, 10 minutes north of Playa Hermosa by car. Celine is awesome and very helpful. Really happy I stayed there

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

116 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Google "Pura Vida" and you will find the meaning as "full life" or "plenty of life" or "this is living." Hotel Perico Azul and Tortuga Surf Camp fully embody "Pura Vida." The rooms are perfect. Simple, clean, comfortable, and everything you need. Location is an ideal starting point for many adventures. Playa Hermosa is 5 minutes away by car but I found myself surfing in front of Tortuga Surf camp often because it was fun and Michael and crew at the camp are the best. Anytime I had a question or needed anything, Celine, Michael or any of the other staff would appear within moments yet I rarely saw them. Their Pura Vida is contagious as all of the guests I met were great people with super attitudes which leads me to believe that all guests are vetted to ensure that they keep the riff raff away. One of my major concerns prior to visiting was being secure as I had many valuables with me (computer, headphones, ipod, ipad, camera, etc, etc). I am happy to report that I felt secure instantly and never once worried about my valuables. This trip was a working holiday for me so having stable Wifi was imperative. I am happy to report that the Wifi here was perfect for my needs and never did I experience down time. Sadly I only stayed 4 nights before I had to move on. No question I will be back but next time much longer. Thank you Celine and Michael (Tortuga Surf Camp) for teaching me and letting me experience first hand, "Pura Vida." Also thank you Michael for sharing Costa Rican culture and for trusting me with one of your surfboards even after I left the hotel. Because of you I was able to surf a decent board for my whole vacation which I really appreciated. I would highly recommend this boutique hotel to any travelers.

Room Tip: I think the only difference in rooms are size. Otherwise you cannot go wrong with any of them.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Long overdue review but Celine is amazing and runs a great shop. Excellent location, close to the beach and nightlife but far away to be quiet. It was very easy to drive to Manuel Antonio from here and it was stunning. This place is simply the best.

Room Tip: Plan ahead, they only take cash.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Parsippany, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We were only have to stay with Celine for two days, but it was perfect. Rooms were large, and ours had a fridge perfect to keep drinks cold for the beach. Bathrooms were clean- and hot water was a nice surprise! The pool and outside area was beautiful and perfect for relaxing.

Staff at the hotel and with their partnering surf school on the beach were so friendly. They were very helpful with the local area too!

Our gps was definitely not working right and we did get a bit lost. If you are on the main strip in Jaco facing the ocean, continue left, keeping the ocean on your right. You need to head just outside of town, making a right at the three story municipal building. The hotel is just down the road- make a left turn when you see the sign.

Great location- close to the beach and town, but far enough from town to avoid the noise.

• Stayed February 2013
Ingolstadt, Bayern, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Every time when i come to that place it's beautiful and i don't want to leave again..celine and mike created a lovely place with a relaxed atmosphere. It's close to the beach and to town..the rooms are clean and whenever you need something every one is really helpfull..

Room Tip: all the rooms are beautiful
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I see why this place gets great reviews. First of all, Celine was the nicest host I have met in my month in Costa Rica. She was very helpful and kind and she had the cutest cats! Lula the cat came to visit in my room the day I left. The place was clean, secure and had a great friendly atmosphere. My room also had a kitchenette and a fridge. The communal kitchen is a nice feature. There is a pool and the hotel is a short walk to the beach and restaurants. Celine also gives her guests a card for free beach chairs with a local company, which I did not get to take advantage of. Great place and very affordable, I will stay here again next time I am in Jaco!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

During my first trip to Costa Rica I stayed 10 nights at Perico Azul. It's a fantastic place with friendly, helpful staff and a familiar and relaxed atmosphere. It's located close to the beach and Jaco center but situated in a quiet side street. Bright and friendly rooms that are very clean like the whole place. Celine and Mike made my stay simply perfect. Thanks a lot!!! Highly recommended!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Perico Azul? Share your experiences!