“Cozy beach getaway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Perico Azul

Save Saved
You added Hotel Perico Azul to your Saves list
Hotel Perico Azul
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ave Pastor Diaz(main Strip's south end) | Calle (St) Santana, Jaco 506, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #1 of 42 hotels in Jaco
Parsippany, New Jersey
“Cozy beach getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We were only have to stay with Celine for two days, but it was perfect. Rooms were large, and ours had a fridge perfect to keep drinks cold for the beach. Bathrooms were clean- and hot water was a nice surprise! The pool and outside area was beautiful and perfect for relaxing.

Staff at the hotel and with their partnering surf school on the beach were so friendly. They were very helpful with the local area too!

Our gps was definitely not working right and we did get a bit lost. If you are on the main strip in Jaco facing the ocean, continue left, keeping the ocean on your right. You need to head just outside of town, making a right at the three story municipal building. The hotel is just down the road- make a left turn when you see the sign.

Great location- close to the beach and town, but far enough from town to avoid the noise.

• Stayed February 2013

124 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Ingolstadt, Bayern, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Every time when i come to that place it's beautiful and i don't want to leave again..celine and mike created a lovely place with a relaxed atmosphere. It's close to the beach and to town..the rooms are clean and whenever you need something every one is really helpfull..

Room Tip: all the rooms are beautiful
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I see why this place gets great reviews. First of all, Celine was the nicest host I have met in my month in Costa Rica. She was very helpful and kind and she had the cutest cats! Lula the cat came to visit in my room the day I left. The place was clean, secure and had a great friendly atmosphere. My room also had a kitchenette and a fridge. The communal kitchen is a nice feature. There is a pool and the hotel is a short walk to the beach and restaurants. Celine also gives her guests a card for free beach chairs with a local company, which I did not get to take advantage of. Great place and very affordable, I will stay here again next time I am in Jaco!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

During my first trip to Costa Rica I stayed 10 nights at Perico Azul. It's a fantastic place with friendly, helpful staff and a familiar and relaxed atmosphere. It's located close to the beach and Jaco center but situated in a quiet side street. Bright and friendly rooms that are very clean like the whole place. Celine and Mike made my stay simply perfect. Thanks a lot!!! Highly recommended!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Perfect place !!!!

Very clean, very cool , very good staff, very quiet, very close from the beach, very close from the center.

Best place in Jaco.

The surf school got the best surf Instructor I never seen.

If you need something the staff will be here to help you at anytime.

I would like to say thank you to the staff to make my trip so easy and amazing..

So guys if you are going to Jaco check this place...

• Stayed February 2013
Annandale, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I found Perico Azul on Trip Advisor and it was kismet. I was in San Jose for a couple of nights and messaged the Hotel to see if they had any availability because I was planning on coming to Jaco for a few days starting the next day & figured if they didn’t have the space then I wasn’t supposed to stay there. They sent back they had 1 room left, I said perfect I will take it...so clearly I was supposed to stay there. It was my home away from home. I arrived a few hours later and received a warm welcome from Vicenta and later that night from Celine (owner.) The rooms are a perfect size and clean. I had one with a kitchenette, which I didn’t really use because the restaurants are great also! I did have a little fridge that was very convenient for cold beverages or fruit or what have you…There is a pool at Percico Azul right in the center of the Hotel’s courtyard, so if you don’t want to walk the 10 minutes to the beach, you don’t have to. You can take a quick dip in the pool to cool off. The location was perfect, because it is not in downtown Jaco so you get away from the touristy part. However, if that is what you are looking for it is only a 15-20minute walk to downtown Jaco. There is a restaurant directly next door and there are a number of other restaurants in downtown Jaco as well that are great. Celine is wonderful; she took us on a hike up the Mountain that separates Playa Jaco & Playa Hermosa, which was a great workout and incredible views not to mention the wildlife that we got to see. Wow! Where can you go and have such hospitality? Hotel Perico Azul is the answer….When I return I will stay at Perico Azul.

Room Tip: There are some rooms with kitchenettes and some without, there is a common kitchen as well for use...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Kalispell, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I stayed at Perico Azul because of the good reviews I read on TripAdvisor. This place is a gem and was the highlight of my trip--I stayed for 4 nights and surfed for 3 days. As a solo female traveler I felt very content staying here. I liked having access to a kitchen--it felt like a home rather than a just another hotel. Mike and Celine are awesome and go out of the way to make sure everyone is happy. I look forward to returning and would tell anyone going to Costa Rica to stay here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Perico Azul? Share your experiences!