“Best expirience Ever!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Perico Azul

Save Saved
You added Hotel Perico Azul to your Saves list
Hotel Perico Azul
Ave Pastor Diaz(main Strip's south end) | Calle (St) Santana, Jaco 506, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #1 of 43 Hotels in Jaco
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Best expirience Ever!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Every time I go to this hotel i wish i could stay longer.... its a really nice and super clean and comfortable,. highly recommended. theres some really good restaurants near, and also bars to spend a good time, or you can go and walk in the sand and listen to the waves or surf, its an amazing place and the people in the hotel are always really nice. I love this place...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

It was my first visit to Costa Rica and thanks to the amazing staff at Hotel Perico Azul & Tortuga Surf School I had an amazing time. They went above and beyond to show me around and to make my trip extremely enjoyable. If you want an amazing experince you won't forget make sure you stay here!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Hotel Perico Azul turned out to be an excellent choice on my part. Mike was an excellent host. Especially when we consider that I showed up bleeding, after stubbing my toe ridiculously badly, in the rain. He quickly got me sorted and showed me to my nice, clean, and comfortable room. The next day he pointed me in the right direction to grab a great breakfast for $4 and even bought me what we are now calling Costa Rican Redbull from a local market.

During my two day stay Mike made the Perico Azul the most inviting environment that I could ever hope to be in. I hung out by the Tortuga Surf Camp, where I plan to take surf lessons with Mike, and was even invited to go to an MMA training session with some locals. If you are in Jaco and not staying at the Perico Azul you're missing out.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

The place is clean, comfortable and exceptionally well maintained so that everything just works.

The people are friendly, welcoming, and helpful, and they know Jaco very well.

The location is away from the busier night-life part of town, (still only a 3 minute taxi though), so is more tranquil and natural, and best of all is only 5 minutes walk to the best entrance point for all levels of surfer to the waves.

The Tortuga Surf School which operates out of Perico Azul set up their tent on the beach there every day, and if you ask nicely will take care of your keys and shoes while you surf, which is a very valuable service – on my first day I didn’t recognize their tent, and left my shoes on the beach. They of course walked off on their own and I ended up running home barefoot from shadow to shadow. The ground does heat up round there!

I came to Jaco to find a board to take with me elsewhere in Costa Rica, and I have to say that Mike from the surf school was invaluably helpful with this. Not only is he expert on boards, but he knows all the surf shops and local shapers well, and he gave all the boards I came back with a valuation that for me was a total eye-opener. He did this numerous times, until eventually I came back with a board we were both satisfied with!

There is a good big kitchen in the hotel, but I'm a dedicated fan of economical Sodas, and with the help of the manager Celine I found some really good ones here. The top 3 sodas, in my opinion, in Jaco, are : Isago, Rustico, and Garabito. Ask Celine where they are. Isago's menu makes it more of a restaurant than a soda, but their casados are cheap and delicious.

Also, on your stroll in to Jaco to shop, don’t miss the batido lady on the left, just beside Soda Acachete, I planned to try everything on the menu there but got stuck on Watermelon, Strawberry and Lemon, the first thing on the menu. The best smoothies anywhere.

I had a great 10 days here, and am very grateful to Celine and Mike for making it so great. The only downside to staying in Perico Azul is that you may stay longer than you had planned!

Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Newburgh, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

My family and I visited Costa Rica and stayed in Jaco for 1 week, Jaco is great but being with my family I wanted to make sure we were in a family friendly environment. I found this comfort at the "Perico Azul" The service was excellent the people were so nice and attentive. We were perfectly located very close to all the restaurants, shopping and the beach. The hotel was decorative, clean and even had a pool!!!!
I will be booking a stay at the Perico Azul for my next visit and I encourage you and your family to do the same!!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Very nice place with super friendly owners. Clean, calm and close to the beach. Also, excellent choice if you like surfing as the hotel has the same owners as Tortuga Surf School. At Perico Azul you will feel like home!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
HotelPericoAzul, Manager at Hotel Perico Azul, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you very much for your input! we where honored to have you guys over and we hope you come back soon!
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Hotel Perico Azul is the best place to stay in Jaco. Celine is the best host, she took care of all of our needs and any problems we had! The hotel is lovely, very quaint and cozy, and very clean!! There is a kitchen for cooking, nice showers, and a pool! The hotel is in a nice walks distance from the main strip but enough off the beaten path to feel safe and homey. The hotel works in conjunction with Tortuga Surf School and Celine helped us set up surf lessons and helped teach us, too! Although we only stayed for one night, it was probably the best hotel we stayed in our whole trip and we wished we could have stayed longer. Thank you Celine!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the dorm room with many girls which was very nice and clean. Lock boxes are provided. T...