“Fantastic Trip from Start to Finish” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 66 Activities in Jaco
Type: Surf Camps
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Rica Surf offers Surf lessons, Surf Camps and awesome Surf Trips all over Costa Rica. Let British Surf Association Instructors Nancy and Evie be your guides to the best surf and the best of Costa Rica whether you are a complete beginner or just want to take your surfing to the next level for your best vacation ever!
Chicago, Illinois
“Fantastic Trip from Start to Finish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

I can't say enough positive things about the week long Rica Surf trip I just returned from. Everything was great. From the surf lessons, to the hotel, to the towns of Hermosa and Jaco. Not being the world's best surfer, I went in with a bit of apprehension, but Nancy and Evie are great instructors that cheer on both your good waves and your gnarly wipeouts equally. The thing that struck me as the most worthwhile however, was having two tour guides showing you not only the best waves, but the best local restaurants, bars, shops, etc.. every day. I certainly got a great feel for Costa Rica that I know I would not have gotten without them. On a scale of 1-10, I rate this trip right around a 43. HIGHLY recommended!!

Visited March 2012

Los angeles
“One of the best road trips ever with fabulous surf instructions and delish food the entire time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

Evie and Nancy are fantastic surfers and even better teachers who can pretty much handle anything costa rica throws their way. I spent several days surfing with them locally and then went on a Fabulous road trip to tamarindo and then nasara where we surfed every day and ate fantastic local food. One of the best adventures of my life driving through the beautiful back roads full of local fishing villages. On top of the surfing we also managed to see tons of wild life including monkeys, iguanas, parrots, manta rays, jungle cats, and local rasta boys.

Visited December 2011
canterbury
“hot damn this was a fuuuuuuun trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

I spent 2 weeks in costa rica with Evie n Nancy, mostly in Jaco/ Hermosa, as well as a road trip to Santa Teresa. The trip was filled with adventures every day, getting up early some days to seek out perfect point breaks and chilling other days at local beaches. We had time to go board shopping, visit a waterfall, get to know the local areas but most importantly surf surf SURF!

Visited April 2011
EvieJohnstone, Owner at Rica Surf - Day Lessons and Surf Trips, responded to this review, November 23, 2011
Hey Daisy! Thanks so much for taking out the time to write about us. We LOVED having you out here with Rica Surf on a girls road trip. Your surfing and confidence improved so much during the two weeks, and we can't wait to see you again soon. We miss you!
Arroyo Grande, California
“All we do is surf”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

I loved my surf lessons from Evie the surf sweetheart of Costa Rica ! I was up and riding the waves the first day..Starting out at 45 yrs old that aint too bad !

Visited November 2010
EvieJohnstone, Owner at Rica Surf - Day Lessons and Surf Trips, responded to this review, November 16, 2011
Thanks Heather! We're so happy that you enjoyed it and can't WAIT to have you out here again with us soon. You are a rocking surfer chick :-)
London, United Kingdom
“can't recommend enough”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

had an amazing time with the rica girls, especially evie she's a genius. great spots, knowledgeable and helpful guides. don't miss this...

Visited February 2011