“GREAT ADVENTURE” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 71 Activities in Jaco
More attraction details
Owner description: Awarded "Certificate of Excellence" in the 2013 Tripadvisor Awards. Costa Rica Waterfall Tours are the waterfall experts! We have several waterfall tours available to match just about all ability levels. If it's a nice rain forest trek to a 600' waterfall or cliff jumping into a beautiful natural pool in the jungle or Rappelling down the face of a 300' waterfall we will get you there. Venture into the rain forest with a naturalist guide to help you spot monkeys, scarlet macaws, toucans. frogs and learn about the plants, trees and history of Costa Rica. The Land Rover ride, the rain forest, the naturalist guide and the pristine waterfalls make this an amazing adventure you will never forget!Go to our website for more details and photos.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Houston, Texas
“GREAT ADVENTURE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

This is a great excursion!!! Our tour guide Mike was wonderful, very knowledgeable and entertaining! I went with two of my friends and when we got back our other friends saw the great pictures and adventures and were sooo jealous! This is a must DO!!!

Visited September 2011

La Fortuna
“Great Guide - Scary Drive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

I will start with the positive here because there were definitely good parts to the trip. I have to say that the guide was great as everyone seems to agree here. Very knowledgeable and personable - he was really the best part of the whole experience. When we finally got to the falls they were beautiful and I certainly enjoyed being there.

I decided to go out with these folks based on their track record with Trip Advisor. I chose the roughest of their tours as I'm always up for a challenge - I went out on the full-day adventure. I am a bit of a jock, so I don't tire easily.

To start, I was a bit surprised by the vehicle they showed up in to pick me up in. It was a Landrover Defender, which I am a huge fan of, but this one saw its day in the 80's. I'm actually pretty surprised no one here has even mentioned it.

I figured they know what they're doing, and that I'm sure we're not going too far off - WRONG. We drove for well over two hours before we finally got to where we were headed. That's right, about five-hours of total driving time.

Once we arrived, the hike was what I was hoping for, you get way back in to the jungle. It should be noted that you definitely need to be in good shape to make it - not for the weak. The reward at the end is a beautiful fall where we got to relax and rest for a while.

On the way back it started to rain, and the old Defender showed her years. With what seemed to be a faulty defroster, fogging windows and blinding rain did not deter us from doing over 100K per hour (over 70mph) on Costa Rican roads - this was the scary part. To top it off, we couldn't even get the passenger window down to try to wipe the fog off. When we got back safe and sound I was ready to kiss the ground.

At the end of the day, good people, great spot, but far away and they seriously need to do something about the transport.

Rancho Cucamonga, California
“Adrenaline Rush!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

My boyfriend and I took "The Jumper" tour during our stay in Jaco and it was one of our trip's highlights! Vlad, our tour guide, picked us up from our hotel after which we drove about 40 minutes to the Las Pilas waterfalls area. Along the way he provided us some "Mamones Chinos" fruits to snack on, and we also stopped to pick some fresh guavas. After parking, we took a short and easy hike to the base of the waterfalls, passing very closely by several full grown bulls.

The entire time Vlad was a wealth of knowledge, and constantly encouraging us to embrace our survivalist inner-self...we sampled several live termites (tasted minty), flower pedals (similar texture to spinach leaves though not similar in taste), and stems of palm trees (my favorite tasting of the three). He also pointed out several exotic plants/flowers and hidden animals which had gone overlooked by our untrained eyes.

When we reached the waterfalls, Vlad demonstrated the safe areas for jumping and where in the water to aim for landing. While my boyfriend and Vlad took more daring head-first dives from 25 ft up, I opted for a more conservative feet first approach from a 20 ft. landing. We took a break from jumping to enjoy a pineapple snack Vlad had packed before taking a few more leaps of faith and returning to Jaco.

Whatever your adrenaline comfort level, there is fun to be had in this tour! Though there are several companies who offer this tour and those similar, I highly recommend booking with Costa Rica Waterfall Tours! This was one of our trips highlights and a fabulous way to explore the Costa Rican rainforests!

Melbourne, Australia
“Amazing tour, worth every dollar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

Vlad was our tour guide and we couldn't have asked for anyone better. He's a very friendly person with excellent local knowledge. Stopped off for fresh fruit on the way to the tour (Some of the nicest fruit I've had) and then headed to the falls. The waterfall jumping was heaps of fun, Vlad's nice enough to take photos and videos of you jumping which is great. Overall it was one of the more memorable days of my 3-month trip, I have nothing bad at all to say about this tour.
Tip: Wear shoes that are okay to get muddy/wet

Visited July 2011
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Awesome adventures and even better tour staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

I booked several trips with this tour company! They listen to what you are looking for and then thoughtfully make suggestions. I booked 4 different tours including a waterfall tour with them and they were simply awesome! I book activities from Manuel Antonio to Jaco to Guanacaste! Get in touch with them. They will make your trip easy and VERY FUN!